Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 193

Thread: Epic Movie Knives

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Folsom, California
    Posts
    4,094

    Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Not a movie but a different type of media.

    Coincidently I read
    "the little engine that could"
    yesterday to my 3 year old.
    The book talked about dolls and good food and Jackknives (!) and other toys for the good girls and boys on the other side of the mountain. There was also a picture of the half opened traditional slip joint knife. Nice! It was first published in the 30s but the toys were added in a later version of the story. The book I had was from the 70s though the illustrations might be older.
    Just imagine something like this in a modern book for the littlest ones of us. How scary. A real knife

    Just Googled the title and jackknife and actually found a review which called it outdated a bit because it mentioned a knife.


    However in 2007 teachers voted the book to be one of the best one for kids.
    Hmmm

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Feb 1999
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,851
    The Japanese movie "Tokyo Rampage" has a psycho who carries a bag full of one-handed folders, some of which were or looked like Kershaws and Spydercos. Also if I remember right, there is a CGI scene where it appears to be raining various one-handed knives. It was a scene from the guy's psyche...it's been a while since I saw it, though.

    Jim

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,033
    You guys have nailed most of the good ones... I still really like



    And the custom Tom Brown Tracker in "The Hunted"


  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Jens Schuetz View Post
    Not a movie but a different type of media.

    Coincidently I read
    "the little engine that could"
    yesterday to my 3 year old.
    The book talked about dolls and good food and Jackknives (!) and other toys for the good girls and boys on the other side of the mountain. There was also a picture of the half opened traditional slip joint knife. Nice! It was first published in the 30s but the toys were added in a later version of the story. The book I had was from the 70s though the illustrations might be older.
    Just imagine something like this in a modern book for the littlest ones of us. How scary. A real knife

    Just Googled the title and jackknife and actually found a review which called it outdated a bit because it mentioned a knife.


    However in 2007 teachers voted the book to be one of the best one for kids.
    Hmmm
    Cool post about the book.

    Thank you for sharing.

    Cate

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jun 1999
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    15,368


    Has anyone mentioned Excaliber?

    n2s
    Tagline:
    There is no good, no evil, no saints, no demons; There are just ordinary people making ordinary choices.

  6. #106
    It's a carbon fiber scales with stonite inlays and the steel is 52100

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Jens Schuetz View Post

    Just Googled the title and jackknife and actually found a review which called it outdated a bit because it mentioned a knife.
    :eek
    Hmmm
    Not entirely surprising with a segment of society
    Ever trying to change the stereotyped roles of the sexes.
    Especially when some playthings are essentially tools
    For children to mimic grown ups.

    Hopefully its about training children to multi task in their home for the future.
    Omitting knives in children's publications is ignoring the important role of cutlery in the development of mankind.
    Perhaps this knife phobia is all as a result of social regression of man trapped in the decay of his concrete jungle. Overcrowding and the lack of a defined purpose is the prone to breed mental frustration and violence.
    Its just so unfortunate that such lost individuals have turned to man's oldest tool to vent their frustrations upon an already fearful society.
    Knives are a common everyday item and it will remain to be useful for a number of things.
    And much as we fear it in the hands of the misguided, there is much more to gain through its continued use.
    Children need to know of its existence and be taught of its inherent dangers
    But certainly not to made fearful of it from young...

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    5,676
    Al Dodge

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Collin county, Texas
    Posts
    95
    Another nod for Braveheart...I always liked the long dagger/shortsword carried by Stephen the Irishman, who is also one of my favorite characters in the film.

    Last edited by bladesandbrews; 03-14-2015 at 11:16 AM. Reason: mistake corrected

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Riverside, California.
    Posts
    579
    How about Val Kilmer's Severtech auto in Spartan and Sylvestor Stalone's Microtech in Bullet to the Head.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Feb 1999
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,851
    In the Hong Kong movie Full Contact, Chow Yun-Fat uses a butterfly knife in (IMO) possibly the best-choreographed use of a butterfly knife in a movie. It's a short scene, but well-done.

    Add: (*spoiler*)
    In True Romance, Patricia Arquette uses the corkscrew on what looks like a Victorinox Spartan SAK on James Gandolfini.

    Jim

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Kent, WA
    Posts
    154
    Straight razor the Twins used in the Matrix Reloaded.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Lebanon, Ohio
    Posts
    73
    Spyderco serrated harpy Hannibal Lecter used in the movie Hannibal

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    5,676
    Al Dodge

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    42
    My three favourite movie knives are:

    1)

    Gil Hibben's double bladed dagger of the somewhat aggro neighbour of Korben Dallas in the Fifth Element:




    2)

    V's dagger set in V for Vendetta:



    3)

    The Cold Steel throwing knives of Navajas in Desperados:




    If the OP was about swords this would surely make my top 3 too:

    The deadly walking cane of the blind swordsman Zaitochi:



  16. #116
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Shuswap
    Posts
    3,830
    Quote Originally Posted by not2sharp View Post

    Has anyone mentioned Excaliber?

    n2s
    Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government.

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Posts
    2,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke42 View Post
    Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government.
    I see what you did there
    Tom S.

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Folsom, California
    Posts
    4,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke42 View Post
    Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government.
    Why not. At least we know the guy can swim or is strong enough to pull it from a rock. Probably more qualification than was required of most medieval rulers besides being born from the right parents.
    Almost as impressive as good basket ball skills in many people's eyes I guess.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by MES View Post
    My three favourite movie knives are:

    1)

    Gil Hibben's double bladed dagger of the somewhat aggro neighbour of Korben Dallas in the Fifth Element:




    2)

    V's dagger set in V for Vendetta:



    3)

    The Cold Steel throwing knives of Navajas in Desperados:




    If the OP was about swords this would surely make my top 3 too:

    The deadly walking cane of the blind swordsman Zaitochi:


    I like you first choice very much,what a great looking design Double Shadow

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Rural Central Texas
    Posts
    4,770
    James Coburn's Rizzuto/clone switchblade in "The Magnificent Seven". The underhand "long-distance" flip to the gizzard, while highly unlikely in the real world, was a classic "Movie Knife Moment". Pic to be added later... my google-pic-foo is failing me right now.

    No one seems to know if it was a real Italian model, a clone (Korean??) brought up from Mexico

    Edit to add pic
    Top pic is when Coburn just plugged the telegraph pole
    Bottom is obviously the gizzard shot
    Magnificent 7 James Coburn Rizzuto.jpg
    Last edited by zzyzzogeton; 03-16-2015 at 11:37 PM.
    The only time you have too much ammunition is when your house is on fire. - Anonymous
    "A Folding Blade is a Bleeding Finger" - Zzyzzogeton
    Beckerhead #346 KaBar Krew #17

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •