Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 193

Thread: Epic Movie Knives

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Winter Wonder Land
    Posts
    5,933

    Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Not really an epic movie but think I saw a Buck 119 in the movie "Karla" yesterday. Its a very heart warming film.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City Utah
    Posts
    8,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastermaster View Post
    Spyderco serrated harpy Hannibal Lecter used in the movie Hannibal






    Plainedge Harpy.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Kent, WA
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulf Krogstad View Post
    Not really an epic movie but think I saw a Buck 119 in the movie "Karla" yesterday. Its a very heart warming film.
    Buck 119 in the movie Scream also

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    FPO, AE
    Posts
    162
    What about the Brian Lyttle lockback folder in "The Edge" with anthony Hopkins?

    http://www.lyttleknives.com/gedgcm.htm

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Feb 1999
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,850
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepin View Post
    Plainedge Harpy.
    Yes. It's interesting that in the book, the Harpy is serrated, but in the movie it's plain.

    Jim

  6. #126
    On the bad guy side, for knives that you can actually buy, the Buck General I think was (in the Friday the 13th series) Jason's favourite, and is even reproduced in giant form on several posters of the movie serie.





    In recognition for its -I guess- iconic stature, the Buck General is almost the only knife, massively used, by "Ghostface" in the whole Scream series...: Interestingly, the clip of the blade often appears to be slighly re-ground to exaggerate its curvature, for a meaner look it seems:



    That same Buck General was heavily put forward visually in the Jeff Bridge/Glen Close movie "Jagged Edge", and AGAIN its clip was modified, with nicely done -if of dubious use- serrations ground into the clip... The serrations are a major point of the movie, to the point of being in the title...



    Iconic flagship knife of two movie series -I even remember seeing it in innumerable other horror movie posters-, often in large view on the poster, and title subject in a third movie, the Buck General has got to be the most underrated movie knife of all time...

    Gaston

  7. #127
    How could anyone not have mentioned Tarzan's knife. Iconic knife of my childhood. Good for killing lions and crocodiles, depending which movie Tarzan you preferred.

    bill

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Alberta Canada
    Posts
    505
    Loved James Cobern in magnificent 7. but my hero wasJames Caan as Mississippi in John Wayne's el dorado. I was throwing my Rambo knife ever chance I could and kept it in the back of my shirt like he did!
    It's better to laugh at nothing than cry about everything.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    NYC suburbs.
    Posts
    1,509
    Quote Originally Posted by william c. View Post
    How could anyone not have mentioned Tarzan's knife. Iconic knife of my childhood. Good for killing lions and crocodiles, depending which movie Tarzan you preferred.
    bill
    If you mean the Johhny Weismuller Tarzan films, defintely an iconic knife, guy pretty much defeated the whole jungle
    with it. Hower, it was never a real knife. They used three versions of the kinife; a wooden blade one, a sponge rubber one,
    and retracting blade one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by MES View Post
    My three favourite movie knives are:

    1)

    Gil Hibben's double bladed dagger of the somewhat aggro neighbour of Korben Dallas in the Fifth Element:




    2)

    V's dagger set in V for Vendetta:



    3)

    The Cold Steel throwing knives of Navajas in Desperados:




    If the OP was about swords this would surely make my top 3 too:

    The deadly walking cane of the blind swordsman Zaitochi:


    Love the double shadow concept,but not much of a user blade,rather wallhanger category

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriousbladeno1 View Post
    Love the double shadow concept,but not much of a user blade,rather wallhanger category
    Was being a "user" ever a requirement of these "Epic" movie knives you are asking about?

    A practical user hardly seems "epic"!

    (By the way...you already commented on that post 9 months ago....just "bumping" maybe?)

  12. #132
    The knife that had the most impact on me was the spyderco the bad guy used in the Van Damme movie "Hard Target". It was the first non auto, one hand opening knife I ever remember seeing. It's probably the reason I'm on the forums today. I had always liked and owned knives, but that one really made an impact.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by scamero View Post
    The knife that had the most impact on me was the spyderco the bad guy used in the Van Damme movie "Hard Target". It was the first non auto, one hand opening knife I ever remember seeing. It's probably the reason I'm on the forums today. I had always liked and owned knives, but that one really made an impact.
    Is this knife still made and on market tday? Any links? Speaking of folding knives in movies- there is one that fascinate me ever since seeing it and ,I done some research on supersized folder used by Crocodile Dundee vs plastic anaconda in 3Rd part of movie Crocodile Dundee...unfortunately not even similar one can be found anywhere on the market,there are some speculations that Down Under Knives may bring this one to the market in real, usable form, as they done with famous large Outback Bowie,that would be fantastic shot.A lot of Dundee fans are asking for that giant folder...I found some info that original Dundee bowie was only a plastic prep in two or three pieces,it is very possible that this folder was also only a plastic prep,I couldn't find even single photo of it anywhere.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriousbladeno1 View Post
    Is this knife still made and on market tday? Any links? Speaking of folding knives in movies- there is one that fascinate me ever since seeing it and ,I done some research on supersized folder used by Crocodile Dundee vs plastic anaconda in 3Rd part of movie Crocodile Dundee...unfortunately not even similar one can be found anywhere on the market,there are some speculations that Down Under Knives may bring this one to the market in real, usable form, as they done with famous large Outback Bowie,that would be fantastic shot.A lot of Dundee fans are asking for that giant folder...I found some info that original Dundee bowie was only a plastic prep in two or three pieces,it is very possible that this folder was also only a plastic prep,I couldn't find even single photo of it anywhere.
    Interesting! Went from Spyderco to Down Under Knives pretty quick! Gotta concentrate around here!

    Can you tell us about this famous Down Under Knives Outback Bowie? Is it the knife used in the movie? Because that certainly was epic!

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by marcinek View Post
    Interesting! Went from Spyderco to Down Under Knives pretty quick! Gotta concentrate around here!

    Can you tell us about this famous Down Under Knives Outback Bowie? Is it the knife used in the movie? Because that certainly was epic!
    Mods,can you get this spam away from here?

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriousbladeno1 View Post
    Mods,can you get this spam away from here?
    What's more epic than the Crocodile Dundee knife? Possibly the most famous movie knife ever...maybe second only to Rambo's knife!

    Oh well...got me!

    I'll offer up the Iron Mistress knife from the Iron Mistress. So epic that it rewrote history (actually more like took history, crumpled it up, and threw it out the window) as to what Bowie's knives looked like.

    Top that!

  17. #137
    Certainly not epic, but i was happy to see one of Gotham's lunatics sporting the Vallotton. If you've handled one of these you too would have enjoyed seeing it on film; albeit in the hands of a serial killer. i love this knife! Spyderco and Butch rocked this one.

  18. #138
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Dunedin, Florida
    Posts
    2,530
    Hellraiser Humpback Swinguard

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Jens Schuetz View Post
    Warriors of the Rainbow (Seediq Bale)
    Basically Taiwanese natives
    with big knives/swords defeating foreign invaders who use machine guns and poison gas which in real live was only tear gas but hey whatever makes Japanese look bad and hides that the natives later were "freed" from themselves by another nation close by...
    Anyways besides a little bit propaganda a pretty cool movie with nice blades.

    Blade from "Blade". Nothing I would buy but what sticks in mind.

    Rambo. ☺

    Predator. I remember the knife but the movie was completely dominated by the scene were the guy mows down trees with his portable mini gun.
    Maybe I've to see it a couple more times to appreciate the finer details of that movie.

    Oops just read "childhood".
    Let's scratch the first movie. Still worth seeing though.
    Few years ago I got two Rambo 3 knives as I always liked it's designs, they are still like new sitting in their original boxes,company that made these is Master Cutlery. Sheaths are decent,but quality of their construction is very poor,I would be actually afraid to use them as they would most likely snapped in half.Steel used on them is a joke itself 420J2, very expensive wall hangers, consider their price at 120-130 bucks.Blades are very thin (about 4-5mm) in comparison how large they are.... very similar apply to Predator knife from same maker I got,this seem to be tougher construction, but also expensive wallhanger.I think for this money it's a shame,that these are not made better.Yes, they look nice and cool,but unfortunately in my opinion non of them can be used in any other purpose just hanging on walls.It would be great news if any company start to make Rambo knives in premium quality construction plus fit and finish for affordable price,same apply to Predator machete...
    Last edited by Seriousbladeno1; 12-07-2015 at 07:16 PM.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaston444 View Post
    On the bad guy side, for knives that you can actually buy, the Buck General I think was (in the Friday the 13th series) Jason's favourite, and is even reproduced in giant form on several posters of the movie serie.





    In recognition for its -I guess- iconic stature, the Buck General is almost the only knife, massively used, by "Ghostface" in the whole Scream series...: Interestingly, the clip of the blade often appears to be slighly re-ground to exaggerate its curvature, for a meaner look it seems:



    That same Buck General was heavily put forward visually in the Jeff Bridge/Glen Close movie "Jagged Edge", and AGAIN its clip was modified, with nicely done -if of dubious use- serrations ground into the clip... The serrations are a major point of the movie, to the point of being in the title...



    Iconic flagship knife of two movie series -I even remember seeing it in innumerable other horror movie posters-, often in large view on the poster, and title subject in a third movie, the Buck General has got to be the most underrated movie knife of all time...

    Gaston
    Seem to be decent knife

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •