Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where to find sheaths for your Fiddlebacks

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Bumping this up since there have been questions lately about where to find sheaths.
    Not all those who wander are lost - J.R.R.T.
    The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Well, there is also the list of sheath makers over in the sheaths sub forum and I am certain Anthony will guide you in the right direction if required
    I am not a sheath maker myself (wouldn't dare to call myself that), but if required I might be able to add a leather worker or two over here in Europe.

Can we make this thread a sticky? It seems like this question pops up just about every week.

Added info to OP about JouFuu's Tuesday sales threads.

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

I'm a lurker here, but I must insist this post be made sticky.

This being made a Sticky would be nice!

In months past, I was making Friday sales posts. This year I've been more involved with the local scouting program, and lots of family stuff so my Fridays are pretty busy. May end up picking a new day and try to post sales threads and more eye candy (custom work) more often on that other day.

If this thread can't become a sticky, maybe a few of us can add it to our signatures?

There's also the Patriot Leather Company. Skyler makes some high quality stuff and is a big Fiddleback fan.

http://patriotleatherco.com

Hey Thurin, we could add 710 to the sheath makers list. He made me a kydex sheath for my machete, I like it a lot. He does kydex, kydex/leather sheaths. Here's his profile:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/member.php/318594-710
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Quote Originally Posted by SA Condor View Post
    Hey Thurin, we could add 710 to the sheath makers list. He made me a kydex sheath for my machete, I like it a lot. He does kydex, kydex/leather sheaths. Here's his profile:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/member.php/318594-710
    I don't think that's the link to his profile

Does anyone know of a Kydex maker for Fiddlebacks?
    Thanks
    Paul
    🔪🔪🔪

Quote Originally Posted by Zardo View Post
    Does anyone know of a Kydex maker for Fiddlebacks?
    Thanks
    Rick Lowe

Hey Thurin,

Dale from theknifeconnection.net shipped my monarch out with a battle horse #17 pouch sheath. He sells them on his site for around $40, and it's a pretty nice production sheath.

Thanks guys for the info. I'll update the OP with some new info.

Regarding adding more leatherworkers to the custom list, my original thinking was to limit it to those that participate in the Fiddleback forum. Thoughts?

I've got a battle horse sheath #15 that fits a bushboot fairly well. Also the battle horse sheath #10 fits the bushcrafter Jr very well. Both are available at TKC.
    I can post some pics if anyone wants to see the knives in the sheaths.

Thurin, I would agree with that thought. I'm not sure I know of any sheath makers for fiddlebacks that aren't on the list though, so I'm not sure who I'm excluding.

I'm new to the forum, but I just made my first sheath for a fiddleback and finished it up today: http://beastmancaravan.com/post/1282...dleback-sheath

I do a fair number of custom sheaths, but I really did enjoy making this one!

Quote Originally Posted by thurin View Post
    Thanks guys for the info. I'll update the OP with some new info.

Regarding adding more leatherworkers to the custom list, my original thinking was to limit it to those that participate in the Fiddleback forum. Thoughts?
    I agree with this 100%. There are a bunch of good sheath makers in the "sheaths" sub forum. However, in my opinion this thread should be limited to guys like Jofu, Rick Lowe, Heber, etc that are active and regular contributors to the Fiddleback forum and specialize in making Fiddleback sheaths. I have nothing against the other sheath makers, but think that this thread should be about supporting members of our little community.

I'm looking for a pocket sheath for a bushcrafter if anyone can make one or has one.

Quote Originally Posted by Volfather View Post
    I'm looking for a pocket sheath for a bushcrafter if anyone can make one or has one.
    Send an email to Mark at Condos leather. He made me one for my ke bushie. Im sure he could do something impeccable work as well as fast. Im sure Rick Lowe could pull something off as well.
    Its a big blade for pocket carry though

Yes just wanting to try it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information