Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1487

Thread: Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

nomaden in this planet at the moment bushwalking down under

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tmd_87 View Post
    That beer looks—and sounds, from the description—amazing. It pairs nicely with your BSK, too. Did you like it?

My chores for the day complete, it's time to sit outside for a spell and enjoy the extra daylight:

Greg

WTB GEC #38 in Gabon Ebony, Old Green Jig Bone, or Chestnut Peach Seed Jigged Bone

Summer weather calls for a summer beverage. This is my first gin & tonic in quite a while (and only today did I realize my sister-in-law drank almost all the Tanqueray at Christmas).

-- Barrett

WTB GEC #15 Boy's Knives -- FarmBoy in Ebony or Nifebrite -- Single or two-blade Clip in Ebony, Nifebrite or Antique Yellow -- Sheepsfoot w/ SCOUT shield in Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by btb01 View Post
    Summer weather calls for a summer beverage. This is my first gin & tonic in quite a while (and only today did I realize my sister-in-law drank almost all the Tanqueray at Christmas).

Nice photo btb! Is it not always summer in Arizona?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Shaken, not stirred

Quote Originally Posted by 007hunter View Post
    Nice photo btb! Is it not always summer in Arizona?
    Sort of. In December/January we get a couple months of a kind of combination Fall/Spring. Even then, the highs are usually in the 60s-70s and overnight lows are rarely below freezing, and more often around 50°. On either side of that (Oct-Nov and Feb-Mar) you get beautiful temps in the upper 70s, low 80s. It's been getting warmer this week, got up to 95° or so today. Supposed to cool off a bit next week, but it'll go back up and keep on going. We average at least 100 days a year over 100°. 110° and even upwards of 115° is pretty normal for June/July/August.

Anyways, long story short, yes, it's like summer most of the year, but different versions of summer. I call them summer and super-summer. Super-summer isn't much fun. And of course, not all parts of Arizona are hot. It gets plenty cold up in the mountains and the high country, which is a large part of the state.

How do you like that Bell's? I've always been pretty impressed by their beers. Great stag on that #92, too!
    -- Barrett

WTB GEC #15 Boy's Knives -- FarmBoy in Ebony or Nifebrite -- Single or two-blade Clip in Ebony, Nifebrite or Antique Yellow -- Sheepsfoot w/ SCOUT shield in Ebony

How do you like that Bell's? I've always been pretty impressed by their beers. Great stag on that #92, too!
    Thanks, love the Bell's IPA, the amber ale is killer too!
    Shaken, not stirred

A tribute to Mr Barnes...

Last edited by Jolipapa; 03-19-2017 at 08:45 AM.

The best day I've had in a long time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    'Buzz

Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Buzzbait, I haven't had the pleasure of tasting the two brews standing with it, but Racer 5 is one of my all-time favorite IPAs. One of them paired with that beautiful scout of yours would make for a good day, indeed. I suspect the other two would make it even better.
    Last edited by WhittlinAway; 03-19-2017 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Typo
    Greg

WTB GEC #38 in Gabon Ebony, Old Green Jig Bone, or Chestnut Peach Seed Jigged Bone

My most trusted blade and drink. SAK Huntsman and Coffee

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WhittlinAway View Post
    That beer looks—and sounds, from the description—amazing. It pairs nicely with your BSK, too. Did you like it?

My chores for the day complete, it's time to sit outside for a spell and enjoy the extra daylight:

Very good tart! Saisons, sours and tarts are just great in spring and summer. It was refreshing and my non-beer drinking wife actually liked it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Gin & tonic is one of my favorite cocktails. If you haven't tried it yet, consider picking up a bottle of Blue Coat Plymouth Dry Gin when you go to replace your Tanqueray. It's my go to for G&T.

I spent some quality time in the back yard today sharpening out the secondary bevel from my two puukkos. Man, they're sharp now. I'm rewarding my work with a gin old fashioned, made with St. George's Rye Gin:

Greg

An old pic, but the folder and drink are the same. I'll have to remember to take a pic with coffee.

Life is better with a Radio Jack in your pocket and a Buck 112 on your belt. Cold beverages taste better out of a cold glass bottle with a crown cap! John8:12 Luke 22:36 BCCI 2839

Green Tea & SAK Swiss Champ

Ohta friction folder. D2 abd Ironwood w/ leather slip. Traditional drink and blade.

Quote Originally Posted by WhittlinAway View Post
    Gin & tonic is one of my favorite cocktails. If you haven't tried it yet, consider picking up a bottle of Blue Coat Plymouth Dry Gin when you go to replace your Tanqueray. It's my go to for G&T.
    I'll keep an eye out for it next time I'm at the liquor store. Fortunately, I had other a couple other gins on hand, so I didn't have to go without. There wasn't even enough Tanqueray left for a whole drink!
    -- Barrett

The ever-present Peanut and a beer so unremarkable that I've already forgotten what it is...

Might have to make one of those St. George's Rye Gin Old Fashioneds tonight, though!
    - Shawn

ISO Ebony Barehead Jacks

Page 74 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2464707172737475 LastLast

Thread Information