Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats Your Favorite Concealed Carry Handgun ?

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Either a Kahr pm9 or a Springfield EMP 9MM for conceal carry.

Well, Ive been searching everyday now and ive decided on a Kimber Micro .380. The stainless version.
    Ive fired a few 1911s and im really looking forward to learning more about this gun.
    I found one online for $550 with free shipping, so I went ahead and made the purchase.

Now, I know some of you are thinking that I could have made several other 'better' choices, but im happy with the decision.
    This Kimber .380 fit everything I was looking for in a new handgun.
    I almost went with a Kimber Solo, but it had mixed reviews and was several hundred dollars more.

Even though the purchase has been made I would still like to know yalls opinions and get a little feedback.
    Thanks for all the advice guys. Its really helped me out.

High Standard O/U Derringer .22 Mag CCI Solids in winter, CCI Hollow Points in summer.
    Fits in my back pocket easy, no holster required, in store carry only.
    Close eyes first if firing in the dark!
    Function like a 2 shot D.A. revolver, if first shell miss-fires, pin rotates to the other shell and then again and again. Super reliable, no safety to fuss with, Very flat, does not print in pocket like a firearm. If there are more than 2 determined attackers, I guess they will get me.

Houston Tejas, traveling fast on an iron horse
    Quote Originally Posted by B JACKSON View Post
    High Standard O/U Derringer .22 Mag CCI Solids in winter, CCI Hollow Points in summer.
    Fits in my back pocket easy, no holster required, in store carry only.
    Close eyes first if firing in the dark!
    Function like a 2 shot D.A. revolver, if first shell miss-fires, pin rotates to the other shell and then again and again. Super reliable, no safety to fuss with, Very flat, does not print in pocket like a firearm. If there are more than 2 determined attackers, I guess they will get me.
    Or 1 guy on meth.

No one wants to get shot with ANYTHING - so despite all the discussion of caliber, action, and size, go with whatever it is you can comfortably carry that allows you to accurately put lead on target each time, every time, without taking too much time.

That being said, I've carried a Colt Bisley in either .44-40 or .45 Colt for more than 45 years.

Quote Originally Posted by AntDog View Post
    Or 1 guy on meth.

Primarily an urban area, so coke, heroin, alcohol and any mixture of the three a more likely issue. I have attention deficit disorders and once I get off 2 rounds, I'm on to something new anyway! http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/im...s/rolleyes.gif

Quote Originally Posted by JK Knives View Post
    I'm sure you will be very happy with the Kimber, I've never had any problems with mine in 18 years.
    Back in 2004 my First 1911 was a Kimber Eclipse Pro (4inch barrel). Loved the look and it shoot better than I could have imagined. Eventually; the 500 round break in period turned into a 9 month process with Kimber customer service. Kimber did exchanged the 1911 for another 1911 identical to it per their warranty not once but 2 times. So, I effectively paid for 1 Kimber and got 3 overall but was just allowed to keep 1. They all had FTF/FTE issues and after a year with the 3rd Kimber they wouldn't give me my money back and that 3rd one still had FTF/FTE issues and over 2000 rounds into it I gave up and trade it for rifle. I later purchased a Colt 1911 Commander and zero issues but I know Kimber makes great guns too I just got very unlucky.

I have a Khar PM45 now too that has been having fail to extract issues since new back in 2008 or so. Kahr sent me a extractor and a magazine to see if its the issue but I just don't want to invest anymore time or effort into it. Especially after 1500ish rounds of all sorts of ammo to see what it likes. It just will not shoot a single magazine without the magazine popping out or failure to extract. Heck, this is a 6 round mag and it will have to shoot 1 at a time sometimes to make it work. Its soo bad its funny....Almost!!

bigC

I've owned four Kimber 1911s. All functioned flawlessly, even during "break-in". The 1st, and my 1st 1911, was a new Stainless II. Thousands of rounds without a bobble. 2nd was a used Eclipse Pro II that I picked up at a bargain. Only fired a few hundred through it, but again perfect. Sold the Stainless II to a buddy and traded the Eclipse Pro on a new Eclipse Target. 10k flawless rounds, including several IDPA matches before it was sold to fund my first Les Baer (TRSpecial). The last Kimber I owned was a unfired pre-series II Super Match that I found for a deal. I sold it and funded my Les Baer Super Tac. Maybe I'm lucky, but I had 4 that never failed. And yes I did take the Super Match to the range.

I know there were issues with the External Extractor models. I never owned one of those, but have theorized that it was more an issue of aesthetics and a departure from the traditional 1911 paternal than a flawed design. S&W has sure done well with there 1911s with the external extractors.

I carried an Interarms Walther PPK for years but about 3 years ago sold it and moved into this Sig Sauer P232. It's usually stoked with Buffalo Bore or Hornady Critical Defense ammo. Extremely accurate and feeds everything I've tried so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    All the Federales say, they could have had him any day,
    They only let him slip away, out of kindness I suppose.

Proud supporter of JK Handmade Knives #41.

Quote Originally Posted by heefageLA View Post
    Well, Ive been searching everyday now and ive decided on a Kimber Micro .380. The stainless version.
    Ive fired a few 1911s and im really looking forward to learning more about this gun.
    I found one online for $550 with free shipping, so I went ahead and made the purchase.

Now, I know some of you are thinking that I could have made several other 'better' choices, but im happy with the decision.
    This Kimber .380 fit everything I was looking for in a new handgun.
    I almost went with a Kimber Solo, but it had mixed reviews and was several hundred dollars more.

Even though the purchase has been made I would still like to know yalls opinions and get a little feedback.
    Thanks for all the advice guys. Its really helped me out.
    Did you get the Kimber yet?

14. Deleted...
    Last edited by Glock Guy; 11-15-2015 at 11:28 AM.
    Tactical Texture and Triggers, LLC.
    @tacticaltexture

I got an email this morning saying this:

"We order direct from Kimber and unfortunately we were just informed from our representative that the Kimber Micro Carry Stainless has been oversold and that model has then been discounted. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. We can either offer you a full refund or we can try to exchange that model for a different one."

That basically says, "We showed this gun being in stock, but we lied and had to order directly from Kimber and they aren't making anymore Micro's right now. We can give your money back, or you can order a different gun that may, or may not be in stock."

I have already got the refund coming and already called another online dealer that has 8 Stainless Micro's In-Hand and ready to ship. Soon as my refund gets here, ill place ANOTHER order and hope for the best!
    Last edited by heefageLA; 11-10-2015 at 03:16 PM.

Going to pick up the Kimber in about an hour. I cant wait to get the little guy in hand and see how it shoots!

Will do. It may be tomorrow before I can post any.
    I dont have a computer at home

[QUOTE=heefageLA;15424077]Going to pick up the Kimber in about an hour. I cant wait to get the little guy in hand and see how it shoots![/QUOTE
    That's good news. Follow Kimber's recommended break-in (I usually run a new gun "wet" and plan on 300-500 rounds) and enjoy it. Don't be discouraged if it bobbles at first, it will smooth out. Also, number your mags so you can eliminate that as a variable if one is producing feeding issues. And I'll second Mr. K's request for pictures.

Great advice. Ive already lubricated everything and now im just waiting on an opportunity to slip away from the house.
    These three boys of mine dont offer much time to yourself.

Im already wanting to replace the rubber grips with some wood from SGM grips.
    Ill shoot it for awhile though before I start changing stuff out!

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information