Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats Your Favorite Concealed Carry Handgun ?

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    I grew up shooting single actions. I carry a 5.5" barreled .44 special single action.

Ok, I never got a chance to go shoot yesterday. So, I just field stripped and reassembled the gun about a dozen times to familiarize myself with the new components.
    Take down is easy as can be, its not that much different from my Beretta 92.

The only I know for a fact that I want to change is the sights, or lack of sights for that matter.
    There are no sights. Just three black posts. No dots, no lines, nothing.
    I don't know how you would be able to aim properly at night...

Heres the only picture that came out worth a flip. All the rest were blurry...
    Hey, One pic is better than none, right ?

Hopefully this weekend ill get my chance to put some rounds through it.

Nice looking gun.

Proper aiming at night requires the use of a flashlight to illuminate the target and what lies beyond.
    But to facilitate fast acquisition of the sight picture night sights are nice. I like a single front dot or a dot/bar configuration. Kimber offers 3-dot tritium sights on several Micro models, so they may be able to install them on yours through Customer Service or the Custom Shop.

Quote Originally Posted by JK Knives View Post
    That looks to be the same size as my Sig P290RS 9mm.
    Yep, its pretty close in size. I haven't shot many striker fired, polymer framed guns so I knew those were out.
    That left revolvers, ( that im even more unfamiliar with ), or the metal framed, hammer fired guns.

This Kimber is exactly what I was looking for. Small, Super Concealable, Metal frame, Hammer fired.

Now, im already wishing ammo was cheap as my 9mm...

wow, DAO.
    Ive never shot one of them either.

The trigger pull on my Beretta was pretty tough in DA, so I installed the lighter D-spring upgrade that lightened the pull a lot.
    I was afraid it would make the SA pull like a 'hair trigger' but it didn't affect it at all.

Very nice.

As to sights, I do prefer a dot and "U" noch, Ala the Glock 22. Easier to use with both eyes open. Though my other carry piece, Ruger Sp101 in .357 has a post and notch, so most sights would be an improvement.

My primary EDC is a Commander sized S&W .45.

If I need to go smaller for deeper concealment, then it's usually a Springfield Micro Compact .45.

For me the most important factors for (comfortable) concealment are....

-the holster (on an average day I wear my own OWB leather, if deep is needed, I like Crossbreed)

-gun width (you wouldn't think 1/8" would make much difference...but to me it does)

-grip length (an extra 1" of barrel or slide buried in IWB holster makes no difference in concealment, sitting comfort maybe. But an extra inch in the grip is what sticks out the back with body movement. That's why I drop to an Officer's size from if I need to be more covert.)
    Sometimes the light's all shinin' on me; Other times, I can barely see.
    Lately it occurs to me..... What a long, strange trip it's been.

Talon grip tape which I originally bought for fun and then turned out to like. I put in a Vickers tactical extended slide stop, Ghost edge connector, Pierce grips base pads for both mags and next up is a new set of springs to even out the trigger pull.

I did my best to show the Vickers tactical extended slide stop.

The Ameriglo Classic sights they're green front/yellow rear. They are nice and bright but I wish there was a company that made tritium sights with super-luminova paint around the tritium to make it stand out even more like my watch.
    Last edited by STAINLESS90; 11-30-2015 at 11:47 AM.
    Proud Supporter of JK Knives #140.

Nice! I want some doted sights for my Kimber like that.

Quote Originally Posted by heefageLA View Post
    Nice! I want some doted sights for my Kimber like that.
    I've been wanting to put tritium sights on my 1911 but the damn dovetails are a proprietary size. My next gun customization might be having someone machine the cuts to a regular size.

Quote Originally Posted by JK Knives View Post
    You guys are really making me want a small Glock! Maybe when my house is paid off at the end of 2016 I can get one. Might try selling my Ruger MK III to raise some cash.
    I love mine, when I am out and about with my son and know I will be chasing him, bending down to pick him up, and all kinds of other things that would make my gun potentially show in a waist holster I wear it in a 5.11 holster shirt with my spare mag on my belt. It doesn't print and hugs the gun close to me, Iv'e even worn it jogging and had no problems. The only downfall to it is I wear a button down shirt with one button undone on my chest so I can just reach in and draw. I've never had so many people notice an undone button in my life. Then you get to just stare at them like your soft in the head and tell them "yup, I know my buttons undone" or "nope, didn't realize that" and then not button it up.

hey guys...i know this is not a concealed carry question....but, i am looking for a .22 trail gun. revolver. don't care if it is .22LR or WMR. don't really care about whether it is single vs. double action either. i am just looking for the one you want to rave about. i think i am leaning toward the Ruger Single-Six with the 4'5" barrel length(ish) and 10 round capacity. thoughts? suggestions?

and for those that are paying attention, i bet i asked about opinions on the Ruger Mark series versus the buckmark a while ago. i never did get one. now, i am thinking more along the revolver line. i just like 'em.

john, feel free to get this out of here and start a new thread, if you like.
    Proud Supporter of JK Knives #89
    ** Always looking for a GEC 99 Farm&Field. if you have one available, please hit me up. thanks. **

Quote Originally Posted by TPVT View Post
    hey guys...i know this is not a concealed carry question....but, i am looking for a .22 trail gun. revolver. don't care if it is .22LR or WMR. don't really care about whether it is single vs. double action either. i am just looking for the one you want to rave about. i think i am leaning toward the Ruger Single-Six with the 4'5" barrel length(ish) and 10 round capacity. thoughts? suggestions?

and for those that are paying attention, i bet i asked about opinions on the Ruger Mark series versus the buckmark a while ago. i never did get one. now, i am thinking more along the revolver line. i just like 'em.

john, feel free to get this out of here and start a new thread, if you like.
    I vote that you buy the Ruger! I don't have any experience with the Single-Ten, but I've owned a blue Single-Six (.22lr/.22mag) convertible for 10+years and have nothing but positive things to say about it. A Ruger, in any flavor, is hard to beat in my book.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information