Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats Your Favorite Concealed Carry Handgun ?

25 cal one shot shootout

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Quote Originally Posted by jk knives View Post
    for even more fun i can shoot my dad's old beretta jetfire .25 i inherited!
    Ok let's do 25's only! Awesome lack of power!

pLUS, I CAN GET AWAY WITH SHOOTIN ONE ROUND IN THE gARAGE!

I don't have a .25 anymore. Would a .32acp be acceptable? While not as anemic as the .25, it is also lacks "power".

You can use a 32 but you have to shoot thru a 1x2 taped to the barrel or ...

What if I just don't shoot it well?

Quote Originally Posted by B JACKSON View Post
    pLUS, I CAN GET AWAY WITH SHOOTIN ONE ROUND IN THE gARAGE!
    With these in your .22, you can get away shooting all day long in the garage. Primer only 22's don't even sound like a gun, and can be used without ear protection in most environments. Sounds more like a cap gun.

Add a little 22 trap that can be found in most big box stores with any shooting/hunting products.

Then, if you are really Hardcore, you will shoot something like this.....

Sometimes the light's all shinin' on me; Other times, I can barely see.
    Lately it occurs to me..... What a long, strange trip it's been.

They say your supposed to learn something new everyday.

That sweet contraption is something I never knew existed!

Bayonets for hand guns could be a whole new division for JK knives!
    First model should be for Beretta Jetfire types; lots of them out there and all need bayonets! (good luck on that mount engineering!)
    I "ll bet John has looked his NAA mini over hard for bayonet fitament!
    My Contender Super 14 barrels would handle a pretty long folding AK style bayonet!
    Oooo maybe an automatic(switchblade) style!
    be the first on my block for sure!

Well now I get to pine away for this one.
    Proud Supporter of JK Knives #140.

Quote Originally Posted by STAINLESS90 View Post
    Well now I get to pine away for this one.
    Go ahead you won't regret it. I haven't posted in this yet because I carry a few different guns but my Glock 36 is one of my favorites

Quote Originally Posted by JK Knives View Post
    I handled a 36 today, really liked it! Sold my Ruger MK III, so I'm very slowly saving up for something new.
    If you get the chance to shoot one you will probably be impressed with it. Recoil wasn't as bad as I expected and accuracy was better. I added a set of Trijicon Tritium Night Sights and it is one of my favorite guns to carry and shoot.

i'm back with more questions! and, please forgive me, as again, i know this has nothing to do with concealed carry.

my local shop has a couple Heritage Arms 22's that i really like the grips on (you guys may know i'm a sucker for cocobolo). i held it and it feels good in my hand. the sights seem pretty basic, so i asked the guy if they shoot pretty close to point of aim, and he said, "yes". curious what you guys think, though. the price is definitely right. thoughts on the heritage arms revolvers? reliable? accurate? my thought is this....the gun is ~$200. i'd be happy to get it, as long as it's a good product. but, if it's not then, cheap as it is, it's not worth it. i'll save up and get a single-six for $400. know what i mean?

also...this is probably a real dumb question, but i just can't shake it. i have an SA XD-9. in a home defense situation, i would want a loaded clip (obviously). how long do the springs last in the mags? obviously, i am putting stress on them by having it always loaded. obviously, i don't want a load failure when i need it most. is this something i should even be worrying about?

thanks guys.
    Proud Supporter of JK Knives #89
    ** Always looking for a GEC 99 Farm&Field. if you have one available, please hit me up. thanks. **

Quote Originally Posted by JK Knives View Post
    I'm not familiar with the Heritage Arms guns, so no help there. As for keeping magazines loaded, I rotate mine about every month. A lot of people also download them by one or two rounds to reduce spring pressure.
    ok, thanks. and yeah, i generally only load about 10 rounds.

i have 3 mags. think i will number them and rotate them, as you suggested. thanks!
    Proud Supporter of JK Knives #89
    ** Always looking for a GEC 99 Farm&Field. if you have one available, please hit me up. thanks. **

Quote Originally Posted by TPVT View Post

also...this is probably a real dumb question, but i just can't shake it. i have an SA XD-9. in a home defense situation, i would want a loaded clip (obviously). how long do the springs last in the mags? obviously, i am putting stress on them by having it always loaded. obviously, i don't want a load failure when i need it most. is this something i should even be worrying about?

thanks guys.

Ive wondered the same thing. Ill take up the practice of rotating mags and not keep them fully loaded.
    Thanks for the question!

Heritage Arms revolvers are ok. They don't have the fit/finish or overall quality of the Ruger, but they are also significantly cheaper. I think it depends on what you want, can afford, and expect. If you want an heirloom that gets passed down to future generations, save and get the Single-Six (or S&W or Colt). But for a single action revolver to plink with, carry in the woods while bumming around, on a trap line, etc the Heritage will probably serve you well.

As for the mag spring issue, I think it's repeated stress not constant pressure that will reduce the life span of your springs. I personally have fired GI issue mags of 45acp that were loaded during the Korean War. They feed just fine and all of the rounds fired. Rotating every few months (or years) is probably a safe bet, but probably won't make a noticeable difference.

I've only shot one of the Heritage Arms and I was not the least bit impressed with the accuracy. If it were me I would save up and look for a used Ruger. I still occasionally see good prices on them. The last one I bought was several years ago. It had both cylinders, was in very good+ condition, and I got it for $225. I looked at a used stainless model last weekend at a show with an asking price of $300

Regarding spring fatigue. I have seen this discussed about auto opening knives and the consensus seems to be that it is either open or closed is fine as it is the opening and closing that actually causes the fatigue.

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information