Thread: Welcome to Joufuu Leathers forum

Welcome to Joufuu Leathers forum

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Hey everyone.

Thanks for visiting my little corner of bladeforums. For those unfamiliar with me, my name is Bud. For the most part, I make fixed blade leather sheaths, but I have made a few biker and minimalist wallets as well. I live in a NW burb of Atlanta, Ga. and I am a Knife-a-holic.

I've been collecting knives since I was a kid, inspired by my Grandparents 'collecting' which may have been a slight bit of hoarding. I started making leather for myself a few years back when I became hooked on 'drop thru the top' traditional tomahawks and I needed sheaths for these custom one off tomahawks. That hobby/collection grew when I discovered the world of Custom Knife Makers. I tried my hand at making knives but discovered I was more drawn to the leather sheath aspect of it. IOW, I make a better sheath than I do a knife. lol.

My sheaths focus around bush-craft style fixed blades. I'm sorry to say I can not take on custom orders or really any orders at this time. I work a full time 'day job' and leather sheath making is a hobby. I will take 'requests for builds' tho. If there's some style or size you'd like to see made - let me know and I'll put on my 'build board'. I'll list what sheaths I have available 'for sale' on a weekly basis here in my forum. They're offered on a first 'I'll take it' basis.

As things grow for me here I'm sure I'll make changes along the way. If you have a concern, idea, etc .. please PM me or email me [[email protected]].com

Thanks,

Bud

Last edited by bonafide; 08-19-2016 at 09:16 PM.

So exciting! Congrats my friend!

Bud, do you think it would be a good idea for customers to post their sheaths on this thread or maybe a new thread so that prospective customers can get an idea of your work?

Quote Originally Posted by Scotcha View Post
    Bud, do you think it would be a good idea for customers to post their sheaths on this thread or maybe a new thread so that prospective customers can get an idea of your work?
    I'll add a 'picture thread' for folks like yourself to post pics .. and you got some good ones for sure!
    Joufuu Leather webstore; joufuu.com

You got your own place on the forum. Awesome & congratulations! Looking forward to dropping in occasionally to see how things are going and hopefully sharking the occasional sheath.
    Traditional folders, Fiddlebacks & JK Handmade Knives, Proud Supporter #621

Congrats!

Nice one Bud!
    "Why put off until tomorrow that which can be put off until next week"

Not to shabby for a hobbyist, lol!
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Congrats on your new hole in the wall. You have fantastic work.

Congrats Bud! I like your new avatar
    Last edited by gusbuster; 12-10-2015 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gusbuster View Post
    Congrats Bud! I like your new avatar
    Leveled up to 4th dan black belt in Jou Fuu!!
    Joufuu Leather webstore; joufuu.com

Cool.
    Follow me on Instagram @bladetodd

Welcome aboard Bud! Congratulations on the new forum. Your leatherwork is beautiful!
    Andy Roy

Congrats Bud, just based on how well your sheaths sell on Tuesdays alone, I'm sure you'll do very well.
    Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Congrats, Bud!

Martin
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery!"....Thomas Jefferson

Looking for:

Great to see your forum up and running Bud! Congrats and I look forward to spending a lot of time here.
    Dave

Thread Information