Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Information from Instagram and Facebook!

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Nice one! Seem to be a few non-standard colors there?!

Do any of these look like something any of us ordered???

When they show a table full of 4.7's I'll really be losing it
    SURVIVOR! #3
    BECKERHEAD #530

Quote Originally Posted by ni1s View Post
    I wonder. I think one color in the various materials and oiled versus dry can all look a little different and maybe deceiving.
    SURVIVOR! #3
    BECKERHEAD #530

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Needle View Post
    I wonder. I think one color in the various materials and oiled versus dry can all look a little different and maybe deceiving.
    True... But I can't imagine what the light beige two-colored is? Looks like canvas? But too light to be camo?

True... But I can't imagine what the light beige two-colored is? Looks like canvas? But too light to be camo?
    My guess is an unoiled canvas camo. Canvas can get dull when dry and if we're talking about the same one I can make out all 3 colors if I squint.

I usually make one mistake each year though, so I could be getting it out of the way early for 2016
    SURVIVOR! #3
    BECKERHEAD #530

My guess is an unoiled canvas camo. Canvas can get dull when dry and if we're talking about the same one I can make out all 3 colors if I squint.

I usually make one mistake each year though, so I could be getting it out of the way early for 2016
    Well that is the most plausible explanation. Might be that I want to believe...

I don't see mine

Must already be boxed up
    SwampRat Brotherhood * S!K #10 * Carothers Performance Knives

I wonder if this includes the pre-sale? Mine is camo canvas without bow drill divot and with OD sheath.

Well that is the most plausible explanation. Might be that I want to believe...
    Now I'm also a true believer, but my other thought that squashed my imagined endless possibilities was: who would get special, unannounced handle colors if they were not an option to order on the site?
    SURVIVOR! #3
    BECKERHEAD #530

Quote Originally Posted by Hard Knocks View Post
    I don't see mine

Must already be boxed up
    Yeah right! I applaud your optimism, but due to your recent comments about hats, yours is probably "finishing" in a litter box somewhere
    SURVIVOR! #3
    BECKERHEAD #530

When they show a table full of 4.7's I'll really be losing it
    I love seeing progress but I'm with you on the 4.7's!!

Now I'm also a true believer, but my other thought that squashed my imagined endless possibilities was: who would get special, unannounced handle colors if they were not an option to order on the site?
    Wait, what? You mean you haven't been bothering Ellie and Guy over mail and Instagram the past 9 months to get special treatment like the rest of us??

A glorious sight to behold.

So are those lanyards coming standard with new orders???
    The lanyard are how we keep track of orders once they've been built. When they get built the order number gets put on there, so when I go to print the shipping label I can quickly match order sheet with knife. The lanyards get taken off and reused after packaging. Though I'm sure there have been a few shipped out on accident.

Nothing new. These were built on Friday so the canvas has had some time to dry back.

Was that black and red g10 I seen?

It will be about a week and a half for us to get through all the GSO-5.1 preorders and presale orders. After that I believe we will be able to move right in to GSO-4.7 preorders. The handles should be arriving by then.

Christian will be away this week for Christmas so tracking numbers may not go out until the week after, unless I can find some time to sneak into the workshop.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas_toothpick View Post
    Was that black and red g10 I seen?
    There was one in the back of that line-up. The closer one was a black and orange G10.

Yeah right! I applaud your optimism, but due to your recent comments about hats, yours is probably "finishing" in a litter box somewhere
    Didn't you hear? They're not using the old tumbled finish any more, so no kitty litter for me. Ellie is meticulously finishing mine by beating on it with a hammer, the new peened finish.
    SwampRat Brotherhood * S!K #10 * Carothers Performance Knives

I can't wait to get my black and red 3.5. I think it'll be a sexy edc. Almost as sexy as an old school edc4. Those are looking good.

Wait, what? You mean you haven't been bothering Ellie and Guy over mail and Instagram the past 9 months to get special treatment like the rest of us??
    Ha! Maybe I should send them a little gift to get on their good side like some balloons or a fruit basket.

Quote Originally Posted by SURVIVE! Ellie View Post
    The lanyard are how we keep track of orders once they've been built. When they get built the order number gets put on there, so when I go to print the shipping label I can quickly match order sheet with knife. The lanyards get taken off and reused after
    Sounds like a good system, thanks for the explanation!

Quote Originally Posted by SURVIVE! Ellie View Post
    It will be about a week and a half for us to get through all the GSO-5.1 preorders and presale orders. After that I believe we will be able to move right in to GSO-4.7 preorders. The handles should be arriving by then.
    Sounds like a good timeline. Woohoo!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hard Knocks View Post
    Didn't you hear? They're not using the old tumbled finish any more, so no kitty litter for me. Ellie is meticulously finishing mine by beating on it with a hammer, the new peened finish.
    Haha!
    SURVIVOR! #3
    BECKERHEAD #530

A glorious sight to behold.

So are those lanyards coming standard with new orders???

DAMN!!!! No blaze orange g10 handle there! Guess mine is not ready yet!
    SURVIVOR! #5

Ignore my typos. My thumbs are too swole to type on an iPhone key board

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information