Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Makers: Post pics of your knives.

Makers: Post pics of your knives.

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    In an effort to light a fire under this subforum and get some interest going for the knifes that many of us use the most, I would request that the guys who make kitchen knives post some pictures of ones they have made. The pics and knives don't have to be world class. Mine certainly aren't but I am willing to embarrass myself in public to further the cause. Join in.
    IMG_0446.jpg
    240mm Gyuto AEB-L amboyna
    IMG_0611_zps42686f03.jpg
    240mm gyuto W2 blonde horn, musk ox, thuya IIRC
    IMG_0363_zps6930c039-1_zpsf2c90b23.jpg
    270mm sujihiki W2 blonde horn curly koa
    IMG_0052.jpg
    240mm gyuto 400 layer 1084/15N20 ladder pattern blonde horn, can't remember
    Last edited by jdm61; 01-25-2016 at 11:59 PM.

Most of these I've already posted somewhere, but I'll do what I can to get this thread started! Love the idea. Unfortunately my picture taking skills are far from fair...

These two were my first attempts at Kirnite. Unfortunately, I really liked the way they turned out. Unfortunate because I just bought a LOT of wood over the holidays, ha! Both were 1095, hand sanded to 600 grit

This shape was a special request. Not something I'd ordinarily do

This one is about a year old, but my favorite user.

Plus I love this G-10 frame handle construction

Trying something new with some small utility slicers. .063" 15N20, walnut and Ironwood handles.

I know they all look a bit plain. But I've got plans to use that awesome wood I bought! Just need to find some free weekends

Let's keep this going! I want to see ALL the kitchen knives!

Nice work. Those pics are just fine for our nefarious purposes of bulking up this here sub-forum. Keep em coming!!!

heres a mongrel of sorts , first petty

some that i am currently working on, got back from the heat treaters

Here is a camp/kitchen

one ive posted before, i did last year, thought i might try gettin a pro shot

Here some customer pics of a passaround knife i lent out, all the money shots chefs really care about.

my 10 minute saya special (long story)
    Last edited by timos-; 01-28-2016 at 07:19 AM.

These are a few made for me by forum members.
    Harner Nakiri

Aaron Wilburn made this for me about the time he got his MS rating.

Dave Martell Nakiri

a big chef knife from Butch as well

Mark, I suspect the there are a couple of more blades on here using your wood. One of mine does for sure, the full tang gyuto with amboyna. Don't know any about the ones with the Stefan handles.

Just finished my first of the set in Gyuto style, very thinly ground on this one. I would be interested to hear design comments. This is my second Gyuto design, and I'm already modifying the blade shape from this, but would like to hear suggestions on handle configuration, blade shape, and preferred grinds.

Modified D Handle Desert Ironwood with CA finish and Ebony. AEBL stainless with full flat grind. Thin, at about 2mm tapering to the tip.

Hello
    Here are a few of mine.

I am not a bladesmith, but one of my friends has his own company. If it's ok with y'all, I'll ask his permission to post some pics of his gorgeous blades.

He is making me a custom blade and I will be happy to share once I receive the final product

[edit] Good lord, you fellas make some beautiful blades. I should have read up more on the forums before opening my mouth... now I feel dumb
    Last edited by bambuddha; 02-11-2016 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by timos- View Post
    How do you like cutting with it? Looks like a good rocker to me and a onion and tomato slayer as long as the tip is thin enough. Awesome Ironwood too!
    Hey Tim, I went on vacation to the Oregon coast for week when I finished this, so I hope to run it through some veggies now that I'm back. The tip is very thin, so should be good. I'll see about posting a few more pics soon. This is a modified D handle, so I am looking forward to seeing how that works out as well.

Your Gyuto looks nice. I see your tip is raised with plenty of rock to it. Is that the design you prefer, or an experiment? I see you have done some in a more traditional blade style.

that last knife i posted I had started before I did much research into Japanese knives. It sat around for a couple years and every once in awhile I would work on it. Lately I prefer lower point with a more gentle rock and a more santoku like tip. Honestly though, Ive come to find that every different knife shape has its pros and cons and my preference keeps on changing.

Check out this video, this is what I imagine your knife does very well!

https://youtu.be/Y3S9zmtmQrc?t=38s

52100/15N20 Chevron damascus gyuto with ancient bog oak, mammoth tooth, and curly koa:

52100/15N20 raindrop damascus gyuto with African blackwood and mammoth tooth:

Stainless san mai gyuto with 52100 core, stainless and carbon fiber handle:

Ian H. Rogers
    www.haburnknives.com
    Follow me on Instagram

Ian how do you line up the billet/blade to press the chevrons? Do you forge it to the general profile first or press an straight bar?
    Quote Originally Posted by haburn View Post
    52100/15N20 Chevron damascus gyuto with ancient bog oak, mammoth tooth, and curly koa:

52100/15N20 raindrop damascus gyuto with African blackwood and mammoth tooth:

Stainless san mai gyuto with 52100 core, stainless and carbon fiber handle:

Your work is amazing Ian. You have inspired quite a few of my projects this last year.

Here is one I just finished up, and a few pics of my next projects profiled (AEBL and 52100).

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information