Thread: Sheath Orders and Custom Builds

Sheath Orders and Custom Builds

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    First and foremost - let me say THANK YOU for your continued appreciation for my work. Sheath making is a Zen hobby for me. It allows me the much needed decompression time from the day job stresses. It gives me that outlet to recenter myself .. but I also really enjoy creating something from a pile of nothing. Most people don't know, but I thought I would be a professional artist when I grew up. Art tutors from the age of 9 thru High School. Worked my summers in HS as a Caricature Artist. Majored in Art in college til one day I woke up, set my pencils down, and joined the Military. For 20 yrs I rarely did anything someone would see as 'art' til the knife/leather bug bit me.

Reference the thread title; Sheath Orders and Custom Builds. The increased interests in my work has caused more and more inquiries for personal sheath builds - attempts to circumvent my weekly sale thread. I understand the why there's a continued attempt at this .. but I can not do it. I've tried to be understanding and help someone out who just can't score that much needed sheath for their really cool knife .. one or two a week made/sold on the side has now turned into 5 or 6 people contacting me a week, asking for a personal build. I can not do it. It slows me down .. seriously. I have 2.5 days a week to make sheaths .. and I mean full days, from the time I wake up til the time I go to bed (18 hr days).

I will make every effort to build sheaths from the request build board - IF - I already have a working pattern or I personally own the knife model. Requesting me to build a sheath for a 'one off' or an extremely new/rare model where there's only a couple in existence .. can not do it. It's not efficient for me to design and build a pattern for potentially only one or two customers. Sorry .. if/when more are made, I will try to secure that model of knife and build for it.

Again .. thank you for your interest in my work. Maybe one day (a few years from now) when I finally decide to retire from my chosen career, I'll be able to open my books for orders.

Bud
    Last edited by bonafide; 02-25-2016 at 05:14 PM.
    Joufuu Leather webstore; joufuu.com

Completely understandable, Bud. I for one sincerely appreciate your efforts in building those terrific sheaths for all us FB fanatics. Run your business the way you see fit and I'll keep watching the Tuesday sales thread. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dogbone11 View Post
    Completely understandable, Bud. I for one sincerely appreciate your efforts in building those terrific sheaths for all us FB fanatics. Run your business the way you see fit and I'll keep watching the Tuesday sales thread. Thanks!
    Appreciate it. I'm trying to keep folks from getting feelings hurt or offended when I tell them a simple, 'No' in an email/PM without an in depth explanation as to why.
    Joufuu Leather webstore; joufuu.com

Thread Information