Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: The NEXT SALE

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Quote Originally Posted by NetShocK View Post
    He's had the info on the first page since July 1st.
    I meant to say in his signature! My mistake!

This week's sale will be Three thin "racing knives" here on this subforum at 2:45 EST, then there will be five Light Choppers in the usual place, usual time.

New Carothers Performance Knives subforum: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/fo...ormance-Knives

20 Field Knives, Friday Jan 20th

20 3" 3V EDC, Friday Feb 3rd

Watching (and hoping) for the LCs today but would love it if there was ever a pre-order list for them. This seems like a great sub-forum, well-done to all involved.
    Life favors the prepared - Edna Mode

WTB: Fiddleback Kephart with black liners and blue pinstripes

Missed on the LC.... again

Quote Originally Posted by dogrunner View Post
    Getting closer though, a lot less people this time. It's gonna get easier! Hang in there!!
    WTB or WTTF:
    Paying VERY WELL for anything Nathan the Machinst in Osage Orange or other wood.

Your not alone, I feel the frustration too
    Hopefully next time
    Durahog Inducted 2014

Persistence eventually pays off I've been trying from the first sale and have been close before... eventually I'll get one as long as Nathan keeps making them.
    Oh, and Nathan, I want an EDC too

Persistence eventually pays off I've been trying from the first sale and have been close before... eventually I'll get one as long as Nathan keeps making them.
    Oh, and Nathan, I want an EDC too
    Well that was only my second try at these, but your right and hopefully will be our turn soon

Yeah put me down for field knife and edc too !
    Durahog Inducted 2014

I was lucky enough to attain purchase of one on my first try, payment was just sent and I couldn't be more excited.

Congrats to the others who got one!
    --Matthew
    Beckerhead #374
    Ka-Bar Krew #49

Quote Originally Posted by KingMC View Post
    I was lucky enough to attain purchase of one on my first try, payment was just sent and I couldn't be more excited.

Grats!!

I hope you enjoy it.
    WTB or WTTF:
    Paying VERY WELL for anything Nathan the Machinst in Osage Orange or other wood.

Quote Originally Posted by KingMC View Post

Congrats !!! That's great, what a way to start the weekend
    Durahog Inducted 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan the Machinist View Post
    I'm going to "sticky" this thread so it will stay here on the top. I'll update this 1st post weekly to let you guys know what we're preparing for the weekly sale and to announce any upcoming pre-orders.

Field Knives! July 15th at 3:00 EST on the "For Sale: Fixed Blades" sub forum located here: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/fo...e-Fixed-Blades

Gonna do a preorder list here on my forum too.

Also: The first of the 3" EDC is less than a month out.

^ Jo and I hope to see you there.
    Nice!
    Pumped for those 3" EDCs...
    -Dan-

WTB: Blade ONLY of an Old Pivot Umnumzaan in S35VN with large jimping

Are you accepting pre-orders on the 3" EDC?
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them. J.B. Books "The Shootist"

Quote Originally Posted by larry44 View Post
    Are you accepting pre-orders on the 3" EDC?
    Not at this time, though perhaps in the future. I am planning on a pre-order list for the Field Knives this week.

New Carothers Performance Knives subforum: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/fo...ormance-Knives

20 Field Knives, Friday Jan 20th

20 3" 3V EDC, Friday Feb 3rd

Sign me up , thank you

Quote Originally Posted by jjweb View Post
    Sign me up , thank you
    jj, are you going on the list or the friday sale? I am wondering how many there are, and how many people are going to battle it out!
    WTB or WTTF:

I just read through a thread on the Survive Knives forum that went sideways and it seemed that the meltdown was precipitated by preorders....yuck.
    Not saying it's a bad way to go, just be careful!

First of all, I do not wish to cross contaminate from one subforum to another:

For those who do not know, that thread derailed went off a cliff because the said maker just started fulfilling preorders which were placed well over 12 months ago and still in very, very anemic numbers while more johnny-come-lately types (yours truly being one) managed to get their hands on what is called a Factory 2nd through sanctioned sales by the maker. This plus a series of unfortunate delays, some deemed as repetitious excuses, culminated in the meltdown. I think that there is an invaluable lesson to be learned from that fiasco and if referenced in the correct manner, without slinging mud at the other maker no matter as to how one personally feels, it will just add to a much smoother ride as far as CPK is concerned. JMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien View Post
    I just read through a thread on the Survive Knives forum that went sideways and it seemed that the meltdown was precipitated by preorders....yuck.
    Not saying it's a bad way to go, just be careful!
    Pre-orders are not the problem, the delays are the problem. Months and months go by, people get frustrated. Some are over a year now. If they were not paid in full ahead of time I think it would be less of a problem.

If Nathan says Ok I have 30 out of this batch for a list, then puts a thread up that becomes that list, and sells to that list in order and the buyer pays when it's time to, than I don't see a problem resulting, just more work for Nathan.
    WTB or WTTF:

pre-order list with a specified number of knives, to be released at near estimated time.
    pay up front if there is a month or so wait, longer time I think pay at release, but keep the release within 6 months.

overall, although I suck at being at being at a computer at a specific day and time....it takes less organizational skills to just make and sell each week as you have been doing.

Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information