Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Quote Originally Posted by meako View Post
    ...Hows the pull btw?
    Still a nailbreaker? and I'm talking a nailbreaker if the knife was being prised open by an enraged Jaguar.
    Meako, Kermit truly was a scrappy one who didn't like to open up. He finally conceded after several prolonged mineral oil baths and extensive joint excersize. Today his main blade is a very pleasing 6 on a scale of 10. The pen on the other hand remains a 9... still I'm happy to have an excellent lambfoot thanks to you. -James-

I have posted these pictures in that other thread, but I think they should be here too, to join all the wonderful knives and stories developing!
    Great Idea, Jack, to reprise the Lambsfoot's Tale!!

The upper knife barely tapers, but I think it is fair to call it a Lambs-as-opposed-to-Sheep-foot!
    Top half of the same group:

Bottom half:
    To find my SFOs and the dealers who carry them, check my developing website at:
    www.waynorthcutlery.net

[IMG][/IMG]
    Honorary Guardian of the Lamb Foot.

Love seeing those lambsfoots, Charlie.

You have a fantastic collection of Lambsfoot knives Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by 5K Qs View Post
    Thanks, Jack; I feel honored, yet realize the solemn responsibility with which I've been entrusted!
    I wish I knew more about the history of that 19OT. Did Schrade USA manufacture that model, or is the Landshark an invention of Taylor Brands LLC?

AS r8shell says:

Quote Originally Posted by r8shell View Post
    It is a "New Timer" invention, never made by Schrade USA. It is kind of cool anyway, and I've been meaning to pick one up for myself.
    It's interesting that they sort of re-invented the Lambsfoot! Aw, you didn't get one yourself, I'm doubly impressed by your kindness in gifting me one It's a knife I often use when I need to cut out cardboard, balsa wood, or other materials. It works good

Quote Originally Posted by redsparrow View Post
    Just to set the record straight; This lambfoot was once named "Sneezy" by r8shell (due to his sickly complexion). Sneezy was then dyed kelly green by Meako who appropriately renamed him "Kermit". Kermit was banished to America were he underwent Intensive Restorative Coloration Therapy (IRCT). After successful completion of IRCT he was given a new (secret) identity and is now (and has been for many years) the fine upstanding member of the Lambfoot Society of America you see here today.

He certainly looks a LOT better now! Great-looking knife in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by WhittlinAway View Post
    I'd not heard of a "Real Knife" before. I guess I'll just chalk all these "Reals" up there, along with Real Ale, of course, as distinguished English contributions to society.

Thank you. And thanks for all the other information, as well, my friend. Good stuff!
    There was definitely a time when a lot of, often meaningless, superlatives were bandied about on English cutlery!

A pleasure Greg, enjoying the conversation

5. Anyone reshape a sheepfoot into a lambsfoot? I have a ~100 year old junior cattle knife with a sheepfoot that looks a bit like a lambsfoot. A lot of old used blades seem to have a taper to them after sharpening... I guess from uneven pressure when sharpening... or maybe they were tipped and reshaped. One of the GEC boy's knives with a single sheepfoot might be turned into a nice lambsfoot with some sharpening/reshaping.

Is the Guardians of The Lambsfoot a play on Guardian's of the Galaxy? The logo could use Marvel type font. Does that make Jack the Lambsfoot Lord?

I've certainly seen plenty of Lambsfoot blades that have ended up as punches after a lifetime of sharpening Jake!

I'm afraid there wasn't that much thought went into it! It just sounded funny and gender-neutral

Yorkshiremen throw very little away! This old Thomas Turner had an edge on it when I picked it up

No maker's name on this one, but Paul PMEW assures me it's the same as his dad's old Taylor's Eye Witness
    Last edited by Jack Black; 09-13-2016 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Re-hosting the pic

A couple of Lambsfoot knives bearing the Unity stamp used by several Sheffield co-operative ventures over the years. The top knife is in great condition, with the strongest of strong pulls. The lower knife has had some use.

A more recent TEW Lambsfoot gifted to me by Duncan

Lamb-punch?

I made a lambsfoot out of a surplus hawksbill. To me, most hawksbills are surplus, but they have a nice swaybacked handle. I'll come across it one of theses days, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post
    It's interesting that they sort of re-invented the Lambsfoot! Aw, you didn't get one yourself, I'm doubly impressed by your kindness in gifting me one It's a knife I often use when I need to cut out cardboard, balsa wood, or other materials. It works good
    It was one of those things I threw in the shopping basket on impulse, just to check one out. Then seeing the shape of that blade in person, well it had to go to the Grand Guardian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post
    Lamb-punch?
    Did someone say Lamb-punch?

Here at r8shell's Home for Worn and Wayward Lambfeet, These tired blades are given respect.

relaxing in the sun:

on arrival with some other gifts from Jack, I need to take a solo picture of this weary traveler:
    }}}~33}º> The Most Honorable and Benevolent Order of Umberto <º{εεε~{{{
    ...............Order Of Osage .......... Go Raptors!................................

Quote Originally Posted by scrteened porch View Post
    I made a lambsfoot out of a surplus hawksbill. To me, most hawksbills are surplus, but they have a nice swaybacked handle. I'll come across it one of theses days, I hope.
    THat sounds interesting SP, look forward to seeing it one day

It was one of those things I threw in the shopping basket on impulse, just to check one out. Then seeing the shape of that blade in person, well it had to go to the Grand Guardian.
    Thanks again r8shell

Did someone say Lamb-punch?
    LOL! I thought that might get your attention!

Nice to see those two again r8shell

Very nice - amazing collection of Lambsfoot in here.

For several weeks I've been trying to get my hand on a particular knife (Lambsfoot) but haven't been able to find any US distributors and I'm not familiar enough with UK distributors. One US distributor used to carry it but just recently stopped importing them.
    - Luc

Quote Originally Posted by smiling-knife View Post
    That's a beauty S-K

This Howarth Lambsfoot was a gift from Paul Mason

Ladies and gentlemen I am officially submitting my application for membership in the Guardians!

A. Wright & Son Thanks Jack

Humphreys Radiant
    Last edited by Half/Stop; 06-27-2016 at 07:40 PM.
    ~ Ron

Wanted: TK Cubans - users okay - buy or trade.

Welcome to the Guardians Ron! Your Humphrey's Radiant really is an outstanding example of the pattern I think Nice pic of your Arthur Wright

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information