Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 383

Thread: Sledge Hammers!

  1. #81

    Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory n steel View Post

    Germantown 1.5lb machinist hammer ( I believe it's turn of the century )
    Unmarked 3lb drilling hammer from my grandpa
    Early Hart tools 25oz California framer
    50's craftsman 14oz ball peen
    Stanley 12oz ball peen
    CA 50's craftsman hammertooth 20oz framer
    Modified Stanly tack hammer ( fork end rung too much, and it's not very old so I cut it down )
    One of those screwdriver hammers modified with hickory handle
    Vaughan 999ml 20oz famer
    I've also got a 1994 wordings Verona 4lb drilling hammer from my grandpa ( handle broke last week )
    Your hammers have ranks? lol

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Arbuckle norcal
    Posts
    3,478
    Quote Originally Posted by WayTooSharp View Post
    Your hammers have ranks? lol
    My dad was a sergeant in the army and he gave me most of his gear , so it made sense to use it to mark my tools . ( I also didn't hurt that it was an easy symbol to make when I started using it as a kid )

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory n steel View Post
    My dad was a sergeant in the army and he gave me most of his gear , so it made sense to use it to mark my tools . ( I also didn't hurt that it was an easy symbol to make when I started using it as a kid )
    But why corporals?

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Arbuckle norcal
    Posts
    3,478
    Quote Originally Posted by WayTooSharp View Post
    But why corporals?
    They're all 3 line chevrons, but Some of them are marked on the other side ( the marks are sloppy as I free handed them with a burning tool )

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory n steel View Post
    Those are all 3 line chevrons, they're just a little sloppy as I free handed them with a burning tool😁
    It's not the lines that demarque a rank. It's the chevrons themselves. Sarg has 3. You have two

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Arbuckle norcal
    Posts
    3,478
    Quote Originally Posted by WayTooSharp View Post
    It's not the lines that demarque a rank. It's the chevrons themselves. Sarg has 3. You have two
    Look closer, all of them have 3 lines👍

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory n steel View Post
    Look closer, all of them have 3 lines👍
    3 lines, 2 chevrons, meaning corporal...

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,613
    Don't stop using it. The meaning hasn't changed.

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Arbuckle norcal
    Posts
    3,478
    Quote Originally Posted by WayTooSharp View Post
    3 lines, 2 chevrons, meaning corporal...
    If what your trying to say is that I've been using a corporals chevron you are mistaken, I'm looking at a Sergeant's chevron right now👍

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,613
    Little 16oz Plumb






  11. #91
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Arbuckle norcal
    Posts
    3,478
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_H View Post
    Little 16oz Plumb





    I usually prefer the octagonal neck and round face, but that one just looks nice👍

  12. #92
    What country/unit was your dad in? I've never seen a sgt w/ 2 chevrons.

  13. #93
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Arbuckle norcal
    Posts
    3,478
    Quote Originally Posted by WayTooSharp View Post
    What country/unit was your dad in? I've never seen a sgt w/ 2 chevrons.
    I'm not sure which units he was in ( he was an orthopedic technician, a cook, drove a tank, and was supposed to drive a supply truck in desert storm before he started having vision problems ) , but it wasn't until he got out of the regular army and joined the reserves that he became a sergeant. ( his reserve unit was in chico California until it was shut down )

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory n steel View Post
    I'm not sure which units he was in ( he was an orthopedic technician, a cook, drove a tank, and was supposed to drive a supply truck in desert storm before he started having vision problems ) , but it wasn't until he got out of the regular army and joined the reserves that he became a sergeant. ( his reserve unit was in chico California until it was shut down )
    Everybody knows US sgt ranks have 3 chevrons...or more.

  15. #95
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ramona, CA
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_H View Post
    Don't stop using it. The meaning hasn't changed.
    What he said............

  16. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Arbuckle norcal
    Posts
    3,478
    Quote Originally Posted by WayTooSharp View Post
    Everybody knows US sgt ranks have 3 chevrons...or more.
    This is a US Army Sergeant's chevron ( remember that different branches of the military have different rankings )

  17. #97
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Arbuckle norcal
    Posts
    3,478
    Quote Originally Posted by RICKOFF View Post
    What he said............
    I'm certainly not going to stop using it, especially since it's exactly what I know it to be.
    I don't know exactly what the misunderstanding is, but there certainly is one .
    The only issue I've noticed is that my mark is upside down.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory n steel View Post
    This is a US Army Sergeant's chevron ( remember that different branches of the military have different rankings )
    I've never seen that before. Is that a collar pin? I still think you have the colour scheme backwards. That pin is just rusty.

  19. #99
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Arbuckle norcal
    Posts
    3,478
    Quote Originally Posted by WayTooSharp View Post
    I've never seen that before. Is that a collar pin? I still think you have the colour scheme backwards. That pin is just rusty.
    We're you looking at my stamp wrong ? The burned in part is the symbol not the other way around .
    This is a field version of a collar pin for a bdu top and it's not rusty, that's just the brass showing through it's black finish.

    I call it a chevron , but it's actually a Sergeant's insignia made up of 3 chevrons ( I called them lines )
    Last edited by Hickory n steel; 07-28-2016 at 01:07 AM.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory n steel View Post
    We're you looking at my stamp wrong ? The burned in part is the symbol not the other way around .
    This is a field version of a collar pin for a bdu top and it's not rusty, that's just the brass showing through it's black finish.

    I call it a chevron , but it's actually a Sergeant's insignia made up of 3 chevrons ( I called them lines )
    Ya once you showed me the pin I quickly realized that it was a bdu thing. I play a lot of games so I'm not used to bdu dark markings outside of bdus. Even on bdus I don't notice it, and that's the whole point I think. Anyway, it's cool that you remember your dad. That's all

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •