Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Introducing Tiger Claw Sharpening

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Sweet new edges on a Runt and KPH.

Fiddleback size comparison: Runt, Bushboot, and KPH compared edgewise to Gallardo Knives Sheeptoe and Bird N Trout.

Visit our new site at Tiger Claw Sharpening. We donate 10% of all proceeds to wild cat conservation.

After winning Jarrett's contest I sent him 4 knives to be sharpened. I couldn't be happier about the results. The knives sent were the scandi Esquire that one the contest as well as a Fletcher Griffing X, which had a run in with a bunch of bamboo, a WA Surls Kestrel and a stainless Ladyfinger, both of which needed a good sharpening. Jarrett does outstanding work. He let me know exactly what he did to each knife as well as why he did what he did. The final results were just awesome. All the knives came back incredibly sharp. So far I've only had the chance to use the Esquire and the Ladyfinger and both knives have preformed fantastic. The Ladyfinger is easily sharper then it's ever been and I'm more then pleased with it's performance. It's like having a new knife!
    I really can't say enough about Jarrett's work. He's meticulous and pays attention to detail. I'll definitely be sending a few more his way and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him if you're looking to bring some blades back to life.

I really wish I could've gotten better pics of the work he did but here's what I was able to do. I'm a lousy photographer.

Griffing X

Esquire

W.A. Surls Kestrel

Ladyfinger

Jim

Thanks for the kind words, Jim. I respect that you sent me some knives that have been used fit for their purpose. That CPM ladyfinger has been out in the wild for some time, and now is ready for more. Out of the bunch I think Dylan and Brian's Griffin X collaboration took the meanest edge, followed by the scandi esquire. Now go get em dirty some more
    Visit our new site at Tiger Claw Sharpening. We donate 10% of all proceeds to wild cat conservation.

Quote Originally Posted by Onedog View Post
    After winning Jarrett's contest I sent him 4 knives to be sharpened. I couldn't be happier about the results. The knives sent were the scandi Esquire that one the contest as well as a Fletcher Griffing X, which had a run in with a bunch of bamboo, a WA Surls Kestrel and a stainless Ladyfinger, both of which needed a good sharpening. Jarrett does outstanding work. He let me know exactly what he did to each knife as well as why he did what he did. The final results were just awesome. All the knives came back incredibly sharp. So far I've only had the chance to use the Esquire and the Ladyfinger and both knives have preformed fantastic. The Ladyfinger is easily sharper then it's ever been and I'm more then pleased with it's performance. It's like having a new knife!
    I really can't say enough about Jarrett's work. He's meticulous and pays attention to detail. I'll definitely be sending a few more his way and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him if you're looking to bring some blades back to life.

I really wish I could've gotten better pics of the work he did but here's what I was able to do. I'm a lousy photographer.

Griffing X

Esquire

W.A. Surls Kestrel

Ladyfinger

Jim I'll echo your sentiments here but only briefly! Don't want Jarrett to get the big head. Seriously though I quit sharpening my own knives. I only strop them and occasionally draw the blade over some vintage crock sticks. When they need work or when ever I acquire a used blade I send it to Tiger Claw Sharpening!! Nuff said
    Oh I finally got around to tuning in to MOE.... what took me so long??? You guys Rock!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    #blackwoksmatter

Quote Originally Posted by varga49 View Post
    Jim I'll echo your sentiments here but only briefly! Don't want Jarrett to get the big head. Seriously though I quit sharpening my own knives. I only strop them and occasionally draw the blade over some vintage crock sticks. When they need work or when ever I acquire a used blade I send it to Tiger Claw Sharpening!! Nuff said
    Oh I finally got around to tuning in to MOE.... what took me so long??? You guys Rock!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I definitely agree and, as I said, I'll be sending more work his way. And, thanks Douglas, I'm glad you enjoy our stuff. Keep your eyes out for shows in your area.
    Jim

Which moe. song would you recommend for enhanced sharpening ?

Quote Originally Posted by Panthera tigris View Post
    i like Nebraska
    Phillip
    General Manager Fiddleback Forge & Collector
    Come visit our subforum

Quote Originally Posted by Panthera tigris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VANCE View Post
    i like Nebraska
    Ha. Nebraska is a good tune but for enhanced sharpening I might go with Paper Dragon or Same Old Story.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Onedog View Post
    I definitely agree and, as I said, I'll be sending more work his way. And, thanks Douglas, I'm glad you enjoy our stuff. Keep your eyes out for shows in your area.
    Come to Austin...try to get on with the next SXSW!
    #blackwoksmatter

I sent my production Duke and Camp Knife to Jarrett. He put amazing edges on both knives and got them back to me exactly one week after I put them in the mail. I like to sharpen my own blades, but when I don't have time (or am just too lazy) I am going to send my knives to Jarrett. He is a skilled craftsman and I wholeheartedly recommend him.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information