Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knife Collection Stolen In Germany, Please be on the Lookout...

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwalk View Post
    Hello knifecollecting friends. I am a brand new member and owner of three (3) custom knives. Last Thursday I had more than fifty but they were all stolen. Kevin posted the thread for me. Not all the knives were pictured yet, I wanted to do that at the next Milan show by Francesco Pachi. If anybody want pics in a higher resolution, no problem. After collecting more that ten years this is a very sad moment. I think,that this was a targeted thefts, only the goog things were taken, some Scandinavian knives were left and an old Puma. Consequently all certificates, Cites, boxes a d sheaths of the good stuff was taken.As a last good bye the thieves empried a 5kg fire extinguisher into the room. What a mess!
    I hope anybody of you can help.
    Then , it must be someone who knew that you had so many valuable knives .Think about the people around you .............. or on some Internet friends who know who you are , what you have and where you live ...........

Devastating is all I can say. As Coop put it, it's a small community and hopefully recovery of them will come about. I would have a guess that unfortunately it is someone you know or knows of the collection well. Karma is a bitch, let's hope it comes quickly and with devastation.
    Cheers Keith
    Australian Knifemakers Guild
    American Bladesmith Society Journeyman Smith
    www.bladesmith.com.au

Your mind is like a parachute................ It only works if it is open

Sorry to hear what happened to you,
    Wolfgang.

Even if your knives weren't the target from the beginning, the moment the thieves saw your collection they must have realized it's something special.
    That they took the time to sort the good from the "bad" and that they had the knowledge points to targeted theft. The fire extinguisher so uneccesary and again a sign that they had lots of time for their crime and knew it. Could it be somebody who knows you personally, likes and knows knives and was jealous of your collection and knew you wouldn't be at that location for a while?

I hope we can catch the thieves. Will be on the lookout.

Sorry to hear.
    If you want I will put your messagge in my Italian forum
    Last edited by ziozeb; 09-16-2016 at 04:34 AM.

If you want i can put your message in the Dutch forum.

Gut wrenching.

I'd think it would be worth while to post full pics, instead of mulit thumbnails per page.

Is one of those a Buster Warenski dagger?

^^^^ Yes. I agree. Put an online album together (Google Picassa, Tumblr, Imgur, Flickr - ALL offer free accounts.)

I get knives of this caliber regularly. I can't recall from a little thumbnail.

Note: I'd LOVE to see you get a lead. I'd HATE that it came from me or my clients. No winners here!

Were you at the Artistry in Metal show in Italy last weekend. Any talk or leads?

Jim
    Jim Cooper - Capturing the Artistry and Significance of Handmade Knives. • Makers & Clients: Read Post 815 •

• SBC on Instagram • SBC on Facebook •

Hi Braco, yes please put them to the Dutch forum. The more people know the harder it gets to sell tem

Hi ziozeb, even though I informed a lot collectors and dealers in Italy it certainly will help..Thank you

It is a Willie Rigney, engraved by Ron Skaggs

@ Wolfwalk done on Messenplatform.nl

A smart idea: someone has poster a 'user' named @stolen_knives_alert on Instagram, with larger clearer photos.

I have posted a public service announcement on my own @SharpByCoop page (35k viewers!) to alert the community and beyond.

https://www.instagram.com/stolen_knives_alert/?hl=en

The power of the social media and the internet may help. Let's hope.

Jim
    Jim Cooper - Capturing the Artistry and Significance of Handmade Knives. • Makers & Clients: Read Post 815 •

Knife Collection Stolen In Germany, Please be on the Lookout...

One of the knives is pictured here, Wolfgang, is this yours? It is the same photo by Coop: LINK DELETED BY ME!
    Last edited by Kevin Wilkins; 10-01-2016 at 11:26 PM.
    Kevin Wilkins

Please follow me on Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/wilkins.knives

wilkins-knives.com
    wilkins-knives.blogspot.de
    Live and Direct from Berlin, Germany

^^^ Yeah, that's the same image from KT's website, and your provided small image #44 even has the Knife Treasure's logo. Did you purchase it from Carlos? It claims 'available', and I suspect it's not.

Carlos Lopez, (the owner of Knife Treasures) is impeccable in character. No foul play there.

Coop

Coop, I just removed the link in my post above yours and I also deleted the original photos of the knives I was sent and asked to post when starting this thread. I received an email from Wolfwalk telling me the images he had sent were not 100% correct. I thought they were 100% correct or I would never have posted them. The dealer you mention, Mr. Lopez, has -nothing- to do with this whole mess and his name should not have been brought into it.

I am stepping back from this entirely and will let Wolfwalk, who is the owner of the knives, handle it from here, which on reflection is what I should have done from the start.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Kevin Wilkins

Please follow me on Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/wilkins.knives

wilkins-knives.com
    wilkins-knives.blogspot.de
    Live and Direct from Berlin, Germany

Hi everybody, the Bennica knife (model Piranha with Lapiz inlay) is not my knife!! It was on the knifetreasure website long before my knives have been stolen. According to Charly Bennica three knives of this kind have been made.
    Carlos Lopez is a friend and an absolut reliable business partner. I just wanted to make this crystal clear.

Hi fellow knife friends, just helping out by sharing the stolen collection on social media and forums. these are the knives that were stolen (photo's provided by the owner/ Wolfwalk). Please keep an eye out for one or more of these pieces, one is enough to trace all others. Please try to raise awareness among friends and collectors by posting links to this thread or the IG @stolen_knives_alert on your social media. whether this is on your Instagram, (closed)Facebook groups or knife forums.

Remember that this could happen to any one of us!

Last edited by Veen89q; 10-04-2016 at 01:08 PM.

Forgot one, edited

@Wolfwalk any updates ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information