Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knife Collection Stolen In Germany, Please be on the Lookout...

Knife Collection Stolen In Germany, Please be on the Lookout...

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    The entire knife collection of a German collector was stolen last week and I have been asked to post pics of the missing knives and ask everyone in the knife community to be on the lookout in case they surface for sale. It is unclear if the collection was targeted specifically or if it was just a random break in, but it does look as if the thieves knew what they were looking for.

A reward of €10,000 is being offered for the return of the knives, no questions asked.

If anybody has any information, tips or can offer help, the owner can be contacted under: [email protected]
    He has requested that his name not be made public.

Please do not contact me as I can not provide any further info, use the email link posted above, the owner speaks english.

Mods, if this post is better placed in another area, please move it.

PHOTOS DELETED OCTOBER 2nd by me. Evidently the photos I was provided and asked to post were not 100% accurate!
    Last edited by Kevin Wilkins; 10-01-2016 at 11:28 PM.
    Kevin Wilkins

Please follow me on Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/wilkins.knives

wilkins-knives.com
    wilkins-knives.blogspot.de
    Live and Direct from Berlin, Germany

I hate to say it but if they were specifically targeted pieces like this would almost certainly be destined for Russia or China. They are probably already there.

My condolences to the owner. Loosing a collection like this is heartbreaking.
    Steven

keep an eye on ebay, they may list them for sale.

Sorry, that sucks. Hope we can do our part to make sure there is no legitimate outlet to sell these. I'll keep my eyes open.

The owner of the knives is very grateful for everyone's help and support, this is quite a blow considering all the years he has taken collecting the knives. H has contacted many dealers all over the world directly as well as other collector friends. There is of course the fear that the theft was targeted, it does not all look like the work of "some bad kids in neighborhood" or a random thing.
    Kevin Wilkins

Please follow me on Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/wilkins.knives

wilkins-knives.com
    wilkins-knives.blogspot.de
    Live and Direct from Berlin, Germany

Good Luck. I looked at the pictures and my heart sank. I have only a vague idea of the value and I'm saddened.
    Last edited by braillediver; 09-01-2016 at 03:00 PM.
    The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

That is awful!! I am so sorry that some scumbag target him & stole all his beautiful knives. Did he have collectors insurance?

It sounds more like a random break in and just bad luck. If someone (from China or Russia) had the money to hire someone to do the job. I would assume they had the money to just go and buy pieces themselves.

One builds a collection based on their own tastes. Not of others or steal and what. They try and sell them off. Seems like a lot of work.

I would just make the rounds of pawn shops. Don't mention names. Just look. One might make a mistake and showcase it.

Only way it would be a hired job, was if there was a top notch alarm system and it was bypassed by a professional.

DON

Hello knifecollecting friends. I am a brand new member and owner of three (3) custom knives. Last Thursday I had more than fifty but they were all stolen. Kevin posted the thread for me. Not all the knives were pictured yet, I wanted to do that at the next Milan show by Francesco Pachi. If anybody want pics in a higher resolution, no problem. After collecting more that ten years this is a very sad moment. I think,that this was a targeted thefts, only the goog things were taken, some Scandinavian knives were left and an old Puma. Consequently all certificates, Cites, boxes a d sheaths of the good stuff was taken.As a last good bye the thieves empried a 5kg fire extinguisher into the room. What a mess!
    I hope anybody of you can help.

So sorry to hear about this Wolfwalk. I hate a thief!!I was you the best in the search and recovery.

Chris

Whatever the odds may be, I hope you recover your knives, Wolfwalk.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwalk View Post
    ....only the good things were taken, some Scandinavian knives were left...
    Aww c'mon, puukkos aren't that bad. :]
    Last edited by Mecha; 09-01-2016 at 06:50 PM.

Hi Mecha, nothing against Scandinavian knives in general. The pieces not taken were from unknown knifemakers in the typical Scandinavian style with staggered handles. Two Kaj Embretsen knives, one pictured and one not, were stolen.

Hi Mecha, nothing against Scandinavian knives in general. The pieces not taken were from unknown knifemakers in the typical Scandinavian style with staggered handles. Two Kaj Embretsen knives, one pictured and one not, were stolen.
    For sure, Wolfwalk. Just a poor joke with bad timing.

Lets all keep our eyes open, I hate thieves!
    Dave

Going to "sticky" this.
    Kershaw Mafia - Johnny Fontane

Fuck it ! I created a dedicated thread on a Tacticalfrenchies.com.
    Sorry for your loss my friend.

Hi Le Seb. Thanks for your work.is this a French website?

wolfwalk: Uggh. These knives are truly the 'Best of the Best'. I'm certain I have handled many of them that even Francesco had photographed. They look familiar.

It seems inconceivable that they could be enjoyed in the future. The Art Knife collecting crowd is a smaller community, and at some point SOMEONE might see one to point to the perpetrators.

I'll watch this thread. My dealer network is 'Legendary'. We'll keep our eyes open.

Jim
    Jim Cooper - Capturing the Artistry and Significance of Handmade Knives. • Makers & Clients: Read Post 815 •
    • SBC on Instagram • SBC on Facebook •

Hi Coob, thanks for your help. I really loved my knives and some are not replacable e.g. the Rigney, Hodgson, Eldon Peterson or the the knifemakers have such delivery times that I will be more than hundred years old before they are replaced. If the thieves really want to get a top $ for them they will turn up in the US because that's were the knife collector comunity is the biggest by far. As most of the knives don't even cut I doubt they turn up on a flea market.

Hi Le Seb. Thanks for your work.is this a French website?
    Yes, it's a French forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information