Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Osprey K/T User Pictures

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Quote Originally Posted by varga49 View Post
    Chris, I'll be happy to share a story with you about the white buffalo phenomena as it applies to the plains peoples....Lakota, Dakota, and Nakota people in particular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would love to hear about it Douglas!

[IMG]Warthog landed! Thanks Chris
    That is an insanely nice set of knives Douglas

Quote Originally Posted by FeralGentleman View Post
    That is an insanely nice set of knives Douglas
    Thanks Danny! Even though it's the newest the Warthog has been getting major carry time, during those rare moments I can get away.

#blackwoksmatter

Bachelor pad in the works!!

Today is the 1st day of the Rest of your Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymedic45 View Post

So nice. I already said that if we decide to move that I will lay full claim to one room in the next house, even if I have to build it on myself.

Thanks Danny! Even though it's the newest the Warthog has been getting major carry time, during those rare moments I can get away.

It's such a good size IMO if you don't have overly large hands and your white Warthog is such a classy look that it works in any situation.

Osprey K/T User Pictures

Just some preliminary cuts with the [on loan] Raptor easy stuff yes but sometimes tomatoes can can let you know just how sharp your blade isn't . In this case the Raptor did very good considering the thick by kitchen blade standards this blade [3/32nd] is . I'm going to buy a whole chicken tomorrow and break that down to really see how much more I can like this one!

#blackwoksmatter

Osprey K/T User Pictures

I needed a quick sheath for my Tusk, so this past weekend while camping I got the hookup! It's a Jre Sheath it's not custom fit but it works pretty darn well.

Now to get a sheath for my mamushi so I can use it ALOT more

Today is the 1st day of the Rest of your Life.

Just some preliminary cuts with the [on loan] Raptor easy stuff yes but sometimes tomatoes can can let you know just how sharp your blade isn't . In this case the Raptor did very good considering the thick by kitchen blade standards this blade [3/32nd] is . I'm going to buy a whole chicken tomorrow and break that down to really see how much more I can like this one!

Guacamole? I'll bring the chips...

I like the idea of the typical 3/32" (up to 1/8") steel used on the Raptor as a small B/T. Makes you wonder how well received a 1/16" K-variant Raptor in S35VN would be.

I don't think that chicken will stand a chance. My little EDU even has met a few and the birds just turned into a pile of bones. Though a Raptor will get you more efficient and cleaner cuts.

Osprey K/T User Pictures

I'm having a lot of fun with this Raptor on loan from Danny... I'll do a review after awhile more. Still have some animal proteins in the form of a chicken, a turkey and some kinda beef with bones to break down.

The Raptor and potatoes

Broccoli

Broccoli stems

Pork chop m, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, steamed Broccoli

Last edited by varga49; 03-11-2017 at 10:11 PM.
    #blackwoksmatter

Looking good. I actually can't remember the last time I had a good pork chop. Time to go grocery shopping

That is an Awesome setup Brian! I see some familiar items in there. Thanks for sharing.

Glad to see Danny(Feralgentleman) and you were able to swap out knives for a bit. I know he has been wanting to try out your Hunter. Your Ivory one is right up his alley with steel thickness. Let's hope the Ivory G10 grows on him.

Looks like the Raptor performs nicely for you, I bet it came in pretty handy digging the pit of the avocado out. I look forward to seeing more and I hope you enjoy it.

I needed a quick sheath for my Tusk, so this past weekend while camping I got the hookup! It's a Jre Sheath it's not custom fit but it works pretty darn well.

Now to get a sheath for my mamushi so I can use it ALOT more

Looks like a practical solution to me, do you like carrying it around you neck?

Guacamole? I'll bring the chips...

I like the idea of the typical 3/32" (up to 1/8") steel used on the Raptor as a small B/T. Makes you wonder how well received a 1/16" K-variant Raptor in S35VN would be.
    1/16" is on the horizon I can feel it. And S35vn 1/8'' and 3/32" I am experimenting with now.

I'm having a lot of fun with this Raptor on loan from Danny... I'll do a review after awhile more. Still have some animal proteins in the form of a chicken, a turkey and some kinda beef with bones to break down.

The Raptor and potatoes

Broccoli

Broccoli stems

Pork chop m, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, steamed Broccoli

Douglas, Loving the pictures all this talk about the Raptors and (K) Raptor has my creative juice flowing. I have some products of that to share with you guys, thank you for sharing you pictures I look forward to seeing more once you get into the animal proteins.
    Last edited by Osprey Knife & Tool; 03-13-2017 at 02:29 PM.
    Christopher Linton
    Osprey Knife & Tool

Osprey K/T User Pictures

Chris I mistakenly sent Danny my hunter. And although I thought I had my ducks in a row I sent him the hunter by mistake. After that embarrassment, today in fact, I sent him said Apache, immediately after I went back to the sale threads copied each image of each blade; Hunter, Razorback, and the Apache

Last edited by varga49; 03-14-2017 at 06:18 PM.
    #blackwoksmatter

Chris I mistakenly sent Danny my hunter. And although I thought I shall my ducks in a row I sent him the hunter by mistake. After that embarrassment, today in fact, I sent him said Apache, immediately after I went back to the sale threads copied each image of each blade; Hunter, Razorback, and the Apache

No worries Douglas, I thought it was an Apache too in the Photos, then I had to double check. There is a subtle difference and it can be hard to tell the difference between the 2 unless compared side by side. If the Maker of the knife gets confused you get a pass. LOL
    Christopher Linton
    Osprey Knife & Tool

Big Bird Break Down with Danny's Raptor
    From time to time I have the good fortune of getting a clean non GMO seed fed free range turkey. I previously stated I'd breakdown a whole chicken. Only twice as big as a good sized hen, I though this almost 10lb bird would be a great test for the Raptor.

Disclaimer: No bones were cut through!!!! Well a couple of skinny rib bones maybe!
    This Raptor blade configuration, even as a non K variant, performed very well, and I must say as I expected it would having used some of my bigger OK&T blades for similar tasks. A sharp as hell blade with less mass and belly as compared to my Hunter, Apache, and Razorback is perfect for doing this kind of work. The scales performed "as advertised" and remained "grippy"... [is that even a word?] Aside from taking the images. This bird was completely broken down in around 3 1/2 minutes. Kinda slow but who is rushing??

Last edited by varga49; 03-20-2017 at 06:34 PM.
    #blackwoksmatter

Mmmm turkey. That's a sweet Raptor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

From time to time I have the good fortune of getting a clean non GMO seed fed free range turkey. I previously stated I'd breakdown a whole chicken. Only twice as big as a good sized hen, I though this almost 10lb bird would be a great test for the Raptor.

Disclaimer: No bones were cut through!!!! Well a couple of skinny rib bones maybe!
    This Raptor blade configuration, even as a non K variant, performed very well, and I must say as I expected it would having used some of my bigger OK&T blades for similar tasks. A sharp as hell blade with less mass and belly as compared to my Hunter, Apache, and Razorback is perfect for doing this kind of work. The scales performed "as advertised" and remained "grippy"... [is that even a word?] Aside from taking the images. This bird was completely broken down in around 3 1/2 minutes. Kinda slow but who is rushing??

Douglas,

Saw this post the other day but was tied up finishing this batch of knives up.
    That is precisely why I named it the Raptor. That was a quick break down of that bird. I am super happy it performed well for you. I will be making many more Raptors and (K) Raptors.
    The handle material staying grippy is an important feature, when handling a knife like this or any knife braking down a bird. I think the SandBlasted G10 or Micarta give you more grip on a knife handle, than most materials, but the burlaps, and the Thunderstorm Kevlar are not far behind.

Thank you for taking the time out to get the bird, break it down and photograph it, I appreciate it!
    Christopher Linton
    Osprey Knife & Tool

Well done Douglas. I am glad the knife is performing well and you are enjoying using it even though it is not a K style. I hope it is giving you an idea of what you may want to look for in a Raptor of your own. I know your posts with the Raptor are making me want to add a K variant of my own.

Interested to see with what you produce with the meat. We have an 18 lb bird chilling in the freezer

Well done Douglas. I am glad the knife is performing well and you are enjoying using it even though it is not a K style. I hope it is giving you an idea of what you may want to look for in a Raptor of your own. I know your posts with the Raptor are making me want to add a K variant of my own.

Interested to see with what you produce with the meat. We have an 18 lb bird chilling in the freezer
    I'm thinking of making tamales and of course I've already made some righteous broth!

#blackwoksmatter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information