Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What did you use your sak for today?

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    If you ever eat at jack in the box do yourself a favor, order some bacon cheddar potato wedges and some chicken nuggets then proceed to cut them up and mix them in. It's one of the most delicious things to be had from any fast food restaurant😋

Anyways that's what I used my vic recruit for today.

Yesterday was a big day for my Evogrip 11. The large screwdriver opened some stubborn pistachio shells without hardly trying. The small screwdriver help out with some light repairs twice. Once on the minuscule screws of a tiny flashlight needing battery replacement and the second time mounting a buffing pad on a rotary tool. The bottle opener was used for it's intended purpose and the blade shortened some leather laces being used in the making of knife fobs. Both the fingernail cleaner and file came in handy in an on-the-spot grooming need as well as the toothpick. At the end of the day I was wondering how anyone could get along without one.

My dedicated SAK this weekend was my Black Classic, with my deluxe tinker by my side just incase. The Classic handled all my needs with ease. Tasks handled by the knife included opening mail, baby wipes, batteries, and a toy car. The scissors took care of a loose thread, tags on a pair of shoes, and cut a straw to make it shorter. The screwdriver was my go to for a quick battery change in my sons music box, which he always helps out with. As always I can't say enough good things about my Classics.

Today I put my Cadet to work. My wife's cell phone had a stand attached to the back that was held in place with some very stout adhesive tape or something. The stand broke so she wanted the whole thing removed. I took some surgical spirits and the nail file of my Cadet and went to work. In just a minute or two I had that removed using the spirits to work on the adhesive and the file to shove underneath to break the bond. Then it was just a matter of cleaning up. Gotta love a Cadet.

Just picked up a classic sd today, was great for a quick manicure on my lunch break

Quote Originally Posted by Dair View Post
    Just picked up a classic sd today, was great for a quick manicure on my lunch break
    Just a short while ago I did the same with my Manager after trimming a broken nail with the scissors. Yesterday, I used the pen for hours while shopping and ticking things off my list as I added them to the baskets (grocery, hardware.) I’ve given up carrying a full size pen for these tasks and use the Manager instead. The pen is actually more reliable than the cheapo ones I steal from the bank.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information