Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your CRK carry knife for today.

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Quote Originally Posted by orixa View Post
    Thanks guys! It began life as a cocobolo but the inlay was damaged, it would cost me too much to ship it back to CRK to have them replaced. (I live overseas) So I got some real nice Japanese copper (softer and less impurities) and cut a set of inlays to replace the cocobolo. The colour changes at different humidity and light, sometimes its more purple and sometimes it's more brown. When it gets too scratched, a little Brasso on a rag and a quick rub restores it back.

You should work for CRK

Pulling the last two rooms of carpet from my house today...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Clay

So...it turns out I have all the knives I need just not all the knives I want!

[IMG][/IMG]

Saturday bored work carry

Mayobenza Monday

My 25 was with me today!

^^^ Fer skinnin' griz.
    Let's say the average person uses ten percent of their brain. How much do you use? One and a half percent. The rest is clogged with malted hops and bong resin. - Tommy Boy

Quote Originally Posted by T. Erdelyi View Post
    Now thats a well used knife.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City View Post
    ^^^ Fer skinnin' griz.
    Fast as you can find 'em pilgrim!

Small with spalted Beech

The always present small insingo and today's choice, a buck cadet. I'd say all bases covered.

Clay

So...it turns out I have all the knives I need just not all the knives I want!

Quote Originally Posted by Booe View Post
    Mayobenza Monday

oh yeah!!!! loving that mayobenza buddy!

Nice one... the Mayo knives I have seen pics of usually have chamfered holes. That one is distinct.

I have a different style of Mayo knife, but never have had a Sebenza. Did they come with any details on the date of the work done or design patterns he used?

Mayobenza Monday

Last edited by Iron City; 10-26-2016 at 01:09 AM.
    Let's say the average person uses ten percent of their brain. How much do you use? One and a half percent. The rest is clogged with malted hops and bong resin. - Tommy Boy

Quote Originally Posted by ice_man View Post
    oh yeah!!!! loving that mayobenza buddy!
    Thanks bro! I love it! It's smoother than the annuals.

Nice one... the Mayo knives I have seen pics of usually chamfers the holes. That one is distinct.

I have a different style of Mayo knife, but never have had a Sebenza. Did they come with any details on the date of the work done or design patterns he used?
    Thanks Iron! This one has chamfered holes as well, the picture just doesn't show them. I'm not positive when he did the work, but the Sebenza was made July 24, 1998. The design pattern of the holes is called "snake eyes" because of the tight holes near the pivot, which are chamfered as well. The slabs are also finished in what he calls "orange peel" and it feels just like one, too. But it's action is SUPER smooth, it feels as if it's riding on glass.

Thanks Iron! This one has chamfered holes as well, the picture just doesn't show them. I'm not positive when he did the work, but the Sebenza was made July 24, 1998. The design pattern of the holes is called "snake eyes" because of the tight holes near the pivot, which are chamfered as well. The slabs are also finished in what he calls "orange peel" and it feels just like one, too. But it's action is SUPER smooth, it feels as if it's riding on glass.
    Thanks for the background. I have a skinner he made about 15 years ago of ATS 34 steel. Not one of his prized folders but a nice piece to have in the collection.
    Last edited by Iron City; 10-26-2016 at 07:05 AM.

Thanks for the background. I have a skinner he made about 15 years ago of ATS 34 steel. Not one of his prized folders but a nice piece to have in the collection.
    That's awesome man, I'd love to see a pic of it next time you take it out. Seems like he works a little magic on everything he touches.

It spins a web any size and catches thieves just like flies.

My "beater" EDC-

Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information