Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: New GEC #13 Congress series (Clerk, Speaker Jack and Whip)

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    well,
    my faborite pattern. just asking, will there be a four blade traditional Congress made?
    i like 'em with any kinda pants, smooth bone, jigged bone,exotic wood,micarta, stag,acrylic,celluloid,it's all good.
    oh yeah, forgot, ram's horn, mammoth ivory, and abalone.

I'm getting excited for these to show up on the production schedule. Feels like we are getting close. I'm hopeful we will see some SFO's with different cover options.

Stag #13 in production...

Quote Originally Posted by cbr1000 View Post
    Stag #13 in production...

Anybody else find it ironic the knife used to cut that cardboard box was obviously dull.....
    "I have found that every maker has their turkeys and every maker has their hidden gems. The fun is finding the gems, don't dwell on the slight imperfections and leave the turkeys on the table." -- brownshoe

Lol... Only a true knife person would have noticed the box...

The irony is that it was probably cut with scissors!!

But that Stag..... but it means no shields and I for one think this pattern really demands a good long shield.

I'd be in for a whip in stag. I'll have try and keep track of this one.

I'm in for a stag
    My YouTube Channel

Please join me and the crew over at the Jimbo's Knife Fam FB Group!

Quote Originally Posted by PNWJimbo View Post
    I'm in for a stag
    Agreed !

Harry

I'm in for a Clerk in stag and maybe an acrylic of some kind.
    Alan

WTB: GEC 25 Clip or Drop Point...Please
    GEC 66 Jack in stag

I'm ready. I want one. I hadn't even heard of Bladeforums in 2013 so I never got that year's knife. These #13's remind of the 2013 knife and I am really excited that the new #13 is going to release soon. I check the site often in anticipation. However after I get this one I think I'll let go of a couple of my others to make room. I find myself not carrying a select few of the bunch so maybe it's time to let them go. Anyway can't wait to see these in person I genuinely hope they turn out nice and I am confident that they will.

I am looking forward to that office knife!

The congress jack (speaker jack) looks interesting, just like the BF knife did.
    I'd also like threaded bolsters, a nice shield...and stainless blades (which are unlikely to happen, I know).
    Also, a single sheepsfoot version would be nice.

Fausto

The Whip version doesn't do much for me (like Fausto, I'd be more interested in a single sheepsfoot), but I'll definitely be picking up a Speaker Jack, and maybe an Office Knife, too.
    -- Barrett

WTB GEC #15 Boy's Knives -- FarmBoy in Ebony or Nifebrite -- Single or two-blade Clip in Ebony, Nifebrite or Antique Yellow -- Sheepsfoot w/ SCOUT shield in Ebony

It should be a remarkable issue! But, I feel the Clerk would be better as a single-spring version and a Whip with Drop-Point (I think that could go in the frame) be a sensation. Lot depends here on shields, type of acrylics and bone, time for something bold or untried.

I'm really looking forward to this one. One knife I should have kept is the BF knife. I will be in for the Jack version. I'd really like to see satin blades and fancy bolsters, but I know that's a pipe dream.
    Always keep an edge on yr knife, son
    Always keep an edge on yr knife
    Cuz a good sharp edge
    Is a man's best hedge
    Against the vague uncertainties of life.

Excited for more details. Hoping the clerk is double spring like the #89 two blade gamblers, where both springs engage the main blade and only one engages the secondary.
    "I have found that every maker has their turkeys and every maker has their hidden gems. The fun is finding the gems, don't dwell on the slight imperfections and leave the turkeys on the table." -- brownshoe

Quote Originally Posted by Will Power View Post
    It should be a remarkable issue! But, I feel the Clerk would be better as a single-spring version and a Whip with Drop-Point (I think that could go in the frame) be a sensation. Lot depends here on shields, type of acrylics and bone, time for something bold or untried.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrawk View Post
    Excited for more details. Hoping the clerk is double spring like the #89 two blade gamblers, where both springs engage the main blade and only one engages the secondary.
    I guess I had just assumed that the clerk would be a standard single spring.
    -Erik

Quote Originally Posted by SadSappySucker View Post
    I guess I had just assumed that the clerk would be a standard single spring.
    But don't the drawings state 130217 for the Clerk? Which I think means it is 2 spring ? Unfortunately....

New GEC #13 Congress series (Clerk, Speaker Jack and Whip)

Production schedule is up with the added addition of a whittler.

Alan

WTB: GEC 25 Clip or Drop Point...Please
    GEC 66 Jack in stag

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information