Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: New GEC #13 Congress series (Clerk, Speaker Jack and Whip)

New GEC #13 Congress series (Clerk, Speaker Jack and Whip)

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    I'm hoping to get in on the stag and micarta whittler!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JRRsix7; 01-25-2017 at 11:00 PM.

I don't know if they dye before or after they cut the micarta, but pic 1/11 and 11/11 look like natural micarta. Who knows if they will all have the same micarta, but there are pics of micarta.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy1 View Post
    I don't know if they dye before or after they cut the micarta, but pic 1/11 and 11/11 look like natural micarta. Who knows if they will all have the same micarta, but there are pics of micarta.
    They (GEC) don't dye micarta.
    Mike Latham, CollectorKnives
    Great Eastern Cutlery | Arno Bernard Knives | Viper Cutlery | Lion Steel | Early Reserve
    Low Price & Satisfaction Guaranteed

Quote Originally Posted by knifeswapper View Post
    They (GEC) don't dye micarta.
    I'm glad to hear that. I was hoping for natural or bone canvas.

Boy-oh-boy... i hope the NF Ebony Clerk has a propeller shield, too!!!
    "I have found that every maker has their turkeys and every maker has their hidden gems. The fun is finding the gems, don't dwell on the slight imperfections and leave the turkeys on the table." -- brownshoe

I emailed GEC, and the smooth bone 13s will in fact be laser etched.
    -Erik

I reserved a NF Speaker ebony and a NF Whip in Stag. Crossed fingers. I like the size and look and would gladly buy them both. Cant wait.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you. - Steven Wright

~ Alan

I'm excited for some 2 and 3 bladed knives. I've been immeresed in the world of the new 74's for a while now. I'm hoping for some stag and ebony covers as well. Now the wait...
    Chris

Hey guys I got a question im hoping someone can help me with. I noticed that 2-3 people mentioned ordering #13 Whittlers with stag covers. Myself I ordered Jigged bone because all I see up as cover choices for the whittler on the production schedule are Jigged bone & Micarta. Just wondering what I missed. Trevor
    Looking for the following G.E.C. Knives #62 Courthouse Whittler
    #92 Eureka Jack
    #25 spear point Little Jack
    I'd prefer bone handles but would be willing to consider any example of these patterns. Thanks

Yeah, I was just looking at that too, Trevor. Mike has the Northfield stag whittlers on the early reserve, but they're not on the posted production schedule. They do mention that they're still figuring some materials out. I reserved one, so I certainly hope they wind up doing them. Now, do I reserve a Tidioute as well in case they don't do the stag one? Hmm...
    -John

Quote Originally Posted by joeradza View Post
    Sounds good Mike. At my age I leave myself notes and this way I'll know to put it on my desk, lol. BTW Mike, it seems strange to thank someone for selling me something, but you are the only one to put yourself out with a reserve system and all that entails, so thank you.
    +1 on that. CK is doing this one in a really careful way and good for customers. All on standby due to short run. Fewer disappointments that way.

~ Alan

I was hoping to see a Whittler with a pen and coping secondary...But not two pen blades. However I am a fan overall of this pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by eisman View Post
    They can call it whatever they want, but the patterns have names that are a hundred years old (at least). Still, these are what i've been waiting for GEC to do for over 3 years.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do the "Speaker" in ebony and Tortoise! And with THREADED bolsters!
    This...,...,

I am curious how the Northfield bolsters will be finished. I hope they are not pinched. While I like them pinched in general, I don't think it works well with the Congress pattern. I would love to see the rat tail make an appearance again, still love my forum congress and looking forward to a slimmer version with a nice pointy wharncliffe blade
    ¤ Jeff

Looking for 66 calf roper(ebony or stag) or slim(yellow rose or stag)

Quote Originally Posted by BullRome View Post
    I was hoping to see a Whittler with a pen and coping secondary...But not two pen blades. However I am a fan overall of this pattern.
    Ya I thought two pen blades was an odd configuration also. A coping and a pen would make more sense.

I passed on all of them. I've not been getting fired up by GEC lately...

The Nation's Oldest Continually Occupied European Settlement...
    Sign me up for the whittlers and the speaker jacks!!!
    Always looking for old whittlers and congress jacks!!!

I'm surprised they went with a sheepsfoot whittler. I think a wharncliffe whittler would have looked much better. It was still a nice surprise.
    And after much back and forth I changed my reserve one more time(sorry Mike). I had to go with the clerk in stag. I wanted to go with ebony too. However, I looked over some past northfield knives with ebony, and they almost all had the cloud shield. I dont particularly love that shield. I figured the stag was the safest bet out of all four handle materials listed.
    Last edited by SadSappySucker; 01-26-2017 at 05:19 PM.
    -Erik

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SadSappySucker View Post
    I'm surprised they went with a sheepsfoot whittler. I think a wharncliffe whittler would have looked much better. It was still a nice surprise.
    That was my first thought as well Erik. My second was in wondering who wil mod one of the two pen blades.
    Brett

Quote Originally Posted by huelsdonk View Post
    Yeah, I was just looking at that too, Trevor. Mike has the Northfield stag whittlers on the early reserve, but they're not on the posted production schedule. They do mention that they're still figuring some materials out. I reserved one, so I certainly hope they wind up doing them. Now, do I reserve a Tidioute as well in case they don't do the stag one? Hmm...
    John: I am probably behind you. I've been behind all day! I see the Stag Whittler NF on Mike's site but has been Locked! since I went on to reserve mine. As mentioned above I reserved an ebony speaker and a stag Whip? I'm fine with that, but I did notice the discrepancy. I wonder if Mike realized the problem and locked the reservations until sorted out?

~ Alan

Quote Originally Posted by SadSappySucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KBA View Post
    That was my first thought as well Erik. My second was in wondering who wil mod one of the two pen blades.
    I'm excited about the sheepsfoot main.

As to two pen blades, I will likely modify one to be a coping blade.
    Greg

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information