Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple Simon met a Pieman

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    As simple as that Jared, Nickel Silver, 1/2" long maybe around 1/8" wide, peened. Like a functional Shield. Just a goofy idea that popped in my head, thought it might look sleek with Blackwood.

You've been on a roll with some nice blades lately, and I'm not goin anywhere.....but then again........ maybe these ARE the droids you're looking for....(waving hand slowly)

Thumbs up

.. and hwat-not!

John,
    Look forward to how you do with the pin!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Clan of the Cowbell. Go Raptors!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderPhreak View Post
    A rectangular pin then? I can't think of anything else.

Oooh. Purdy!!! I'm trying to resist buying one of these, but you're not making it easy...
    Jared, buy the knife, buy the knife...............

Go Raptors ! Clan of the Cowbell!
    Rest in Peace Doug you will be missed.

So I was thinking, (which is dangerous even when not in a Halloween candy induced coma) a couple of guys have shown maybe some interest in these knives.

Here's what I would hate to see happen: I finish these knives and put them up in a sales thread (at the weird hours I usually do things) and you guys that watched the thread and tolerate my madness in this subforum miss out on a chance to get one. So I have a question:

Is there a way, that I can first offer them to our dysfunctional family here when they are completed?

This is just an idea off the top of my Halloween candy filled head. If it sounds like it would be a mess, let me know.

What about a "Dibs" system. You guys can call Dibs at some point in a thread. When they are completed, you'd have first crack at it. That would not mean that you were obligated, just have a chance at it before it became available to people outside our dysfunctional family.

Or would it be easier just to do a first come, first serve when the knives are completed and post them for sale at the end of this thread? Let me know what you think.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to presume that these will sell quick, or even sell for that matter, but if there's something I can do to get those of us that hear the cowbell clang to have first crack at them, then I'm all ears.

Quote Originally Posted by lessismore View Post
    Screwed up a pin hole.........or did I?

Any guesses?
    That's where the propeller goes.
    Rest in peace Maniacal Pete and DougC. You were the best of us and will not be forgotten.

Clan o' the cowbell

Quote Originally Posted by protourist View Post
    That's where the propeller goes.
    One propeller in the middle and three holes where the guns go on each side. Obviously, it's a P40 Tiger Shark.

Chris

Redmeadow Knives and T Knotts Knives
    Member - Clan of the Cowbell
    Lifetime Member - Detroit Chapter of the Terre Haute Torque and Recoil Society

That reminded me of Black sheep Squadron.
    Baa Baa Baaaaaa

I guess the new knife will be named Tiger Shark? Or perhaps, Corsair?
    Rest in peace Maniacal Pete and DougC. You were the best of us and will not be forgotten.

Clan o' the cowbell

What I think I'm gonna do is finish out this one with the shield, pin, key, thingamabob first and see how it goes. The rest were going to have regular pins, but if this comes out nice, isnt a complete and total pain in the arse, and everyone likes it, we can do it on the rest and make it a model. You guys name it and we'll go from there. "Corsair" gets my vote

I guess the new knife will be named Tiger Shark? Or perhaps, Corsair?
    That's an F4U Corsair.

Go Raptors ! Clan of the Cowbell!
    Rest in Peace Doug you will be missed.

Chris posted a Tiger Shark above the F4u, it might not have loaded.

I think Tiger Shark was just the name of certain models of P40. The real name was the Warhawk (which wouldn't make a very good name for a knife that isn't a 'hawk ).
    Chris

Running a quick normalization cycle, gonna try to get her quenched and in a 2 hr temper so I can take my 3 yr old to Ballet. The girl wants to dance, and make knives

Corsair gets my vote. It's always been my favorite warbird.

Dance girl, dance.

Clan o' the cowbell

Corsair gets my vote. It's always been my favorite warbird.

Dance girl, dance.
    Really? The Corsair?

I think we should take this outside (purple) and settle it.
    Chris

Last temper cycle should be done in an hour or so. I'm gonna try to get some sets of scales cut out tonight.

We'll see how this works out, the key, pin, shield (?) weighs less than a 1/4" pin of equal length. It will have one 3/32" pin in the rear, and one up front. If you can picture that in Blackwood, tell me what you think. All Nickel Silver by the way.

The small hole in the scallop at the bottom of the pic is the pin hole, the other two are just for an epoxy bridge.

Thumbs up

Too much goodness in the last three pages to multi-quote, so, instead; dibs...

If one becomes a mutt, that'll be the one...
    Always looking for older Randall Made Knives...

I vote for "Corsair" as the model name too. Just because.

As simple as that Jared, Nickel Silver, 1/2" long maybe around 1/8" wide, peened. Like a functional Shield. Just a goofy idea that popped in my head, thought it might look sleek with Blackwood.

You've been on a roll with some nice blades lately, and I'm not goin anywhere.....but then again........ maybe these ARE the droids you're looking for....(waving hand slowly)
    Now that sounds pretty cool!!! Blackwood and Nickel Silver will look SOOOOooooo good together!

Quote Originally Posted by Dopic1 View Post
    Jared, buy the knife, buy the knife...............
    LMAO!!! I do NOT need any help Scott!!!

So I was thinking, (which is dangerous even when not in a Halloween candy induced coma) a couple of guys have shown maybe some interest in these knives.

Here's what I would hate to see happen: I finish these knives and put them up in a sales thread (at the weird hours I usually do things) and you guys that watched the thread and tolerate my madness in this subforum miss out on a chance to get one. So I have a question:

Is there a way, that I can first offer them to our dysfunctional family here when they are completed?

This is just an idea off the top of my Halloween candy filled head. If it sounds like it would be a mess, let me know.

What about a "Dibs" system. You guys can call Dibs at some point in a thread. When they are completed, you'd have first crack at it. That would not mean that you were obligated, just have a chance at it before it became available to people outside our dysfunctional family.

Or would it be easier just to do a first come, first serve when the knives are completed and post them for sale at the end of this thread? Let me know what you think.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to presume that these will sell quick, or even sell for that matter, but if there's something I can do to get those of us that hear the cowbell clang to have first crack at them, then I'm all ears.
    I like that. Kinda like a soft "I'll take it.", but without all the commitment. Good idea actually.

We'll see how this works out, the key, pin, shield (?) weighs less than a 1/4" pin of equal length. It will have one 3/32" pin in the rear, and one up front. If you can picture that in Blackwood, tell me what you think. All Nickel Silver by the way.

The small hole in the scallop at the bottom of the pic is the pin hole, the other two are just for an epoxy bridge.
    Ooooooohhhhh yeeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhh...

I really hope your idea for that center pin works, because I think that would be pretty darned cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Melvin-Purvis View Post
    Too much goodness in the last three pages to multi-quote, so, instead; dibs...

If one becomes a mutt, that'll be the one...
    LMAO! Yeah, you're probably right, but I did it anyway.

Oh yea, before I forget...

DIBS!

I'm a Freedom-Loving, Constitution-Supporting, "Deplorable."
    How about you?

Thank you to our Veterans!!!

Now THAT'S whatcha call a multiquote! Is that guy trying to take a dump?

In my head, the pin works out and looks good, but it's a strange place up there.

I got the scales cut out, the grain is looking good so far. Fitting the pin shouldn't be too much of a pain, just tedious, bare with me.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information