Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raffle: $100 gift card to Capital Grille Steakhouse, 1 in 20 chance w/a $10 entry

Raffle: $100 gift card to Capital Grille Steakhouse, 1 in 20 chance w/a $10 entry

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    (This raffle is now closed. Do not send any payments for entry.)

Hi BF Family,

I was given permission by a supermod to host a raffle, all proceeds go to a stand up BF member, Mykel in need of a hand. I first caught wind of Mykel's situation in a JK thread. JK, KyEnglish and others were trying to do their part to help Mykel. I hope that if you get a chance to read this, that you will be able to participate in the raffle or help out Mykel via his go fund me page or pp account directly.

While most of us have more knives than we know what to do, I personally don't want to lose sight of all the great people that I've been able to interact with on the forum. This situation just reminds me that there are real people out there in the world behind our BF names. Everyone finds out in a short time that it's the people that we come back for on BF and not just the knives.

Here's the JK thread where I came to be aware of what was going on: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...-Help-A-Friend

As background, Mykel was hit with Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneurapathy (CIPD) in June and it left him disabled and unable to work. He's progressing towards getting the proper long term help but with the bureaucracy to make that happen who knows how long it will take. In the meantime his healthcare has made him unable to work and he is behind on bills.

THE RAFFLE DETAILS!

$10 paypal entry only 20 spots so you have a 1 in 20 chance of winning. Each $10 gets you one entry, enter as many times as you want.

THE PRIZE!
    $100 Gift Card for any Capital Grille Steakhouse in the US, for a complete list of locations you can visit: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/locations/all-locations

HOW TO ENTER!
    It's $10 entry pp (ff, preferred) to my pp, remember all proceeds go to Mykel. Only 20 slots are available. I'll call the raffle when all 20 slots get filled and I will keep a running list of the entrants along the way.

Your name will be put into a hat and my wife will randomly select the winner. I will mail out the gift card to you via USPS priority. Good luck to all and I hope the winner enjoys Capital Grille. I've been to several locations many times and the ones around NYC are a go to for business lunches. Please check that there is a location close enough to you that you can go to as there are quite a few around the country.
    Last edited by cchu518; 02-06-2017 at 06:52 AM.

In for two.

Thanks Odog, I saw that there are two Capital Grille's in Ohio, and I have your entries in PP. 18 more to go!

We have 4 tickets! 16 to go.
    (2) Odog
    (2) AF (AF can you post on this thread so that I have a BF name to throw into the hat) thanks!

OK Chris, glad to help. You're not kidding I have more knives than I need.
    Alan

WTB: GEC 25 Clip or Drop Point...Please
    GEC 66 Jack in stag

Quote Originally Posted by joeradza View Post
    OK Chris, glad to help. You're not kidding I have more knives than I need.
    Ain't that the truth!

Good cause, in for a couple chances.

Thanks Knifeologist!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hi Chris, I just PP you and hit send too quick and didn't put my forum name. Sent ya a PM! And great cause!
    BH240

Knife Rights http://www.kniferights.org/

Lobster salad.jpg

I put some cash in for the card and really hoping to entice the forum to basically do a match for Mykel! Going to try to entice you all with some food photos!

In NYC if I have to do an steakhouse for work in the evenings quite often it is Del Frisco's or Capital Grille. Sometimes I have to go here for lunch meetings. But there's is no way that I ever try to have a giant steak for lunch as that's down for the count territory after the meal.

That said if you like shellfish the lobster salad in a lemon dressing is phenomenal! They only serve it during lunch time though.

PS Thanks CF1969!

I am sending the money now for one spot

Edit to add: payment sent, I forgot to enter my forum name on the PP form but my PayPal name is Sean McEnerney

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie1980 View Post
    I am sending the money now for one spot

Edit to add: payment sent, I forgot to enter my forum name on the PP form but my PayPal name is Sean McEnerney
    Got it thanks Ernie!

In for two spots .
    IF ITS NOT SHARP WHY CALL IT A BLADE .

Updated tally
    (2) Odog
    (2) Joe Radza
    (2) Knifeologist
    (1) CF1969
    (1) Ernie 1980
    (2) Miltmaldo

Room for 10 more entries and we'll call the drawing!

Here's a shot of their bone in club steak. Brasserie 8 and 1/2 makes my favorite tomahawk ribeye steak but if I go to CG it's usually a ribeye or the Kona strip steak which is a steak dusted in coffee rub.

Hi Everyone,
    The entries slowed down so I'm going to call the raffle early. The good news for those who played is that each entry has a one in ten chance of being the winner.

I'm really glad everyone who participated did. And were able to raise some awareness. I hope that we each are able in our own ways can go out into the world and help our fellow man. We all need a little helo sometime.

As you can see there were ten slots covered so we were able to raise $100, which I'm sending to Mykel right after this post via pp.

I'm going to print and cut out the raffle slots and will have a winner called by this evening or earlier. The winner gets $100 gift card to Capital Grille. Thanks!

Chris

Winner announced: Joe Radza!

Here the names printed and cutout

Folded up in and placed in a bag

And this is my analyst at work selecting the winner!

Joe please send me a pm with your mailing address and once again from the bottom of my heart, thanks for caring and participating.

Sending a pp friends to Mykel right now!

Last edited by cchu518; 11-14-2016 at 10:32 AM.

Thanks Chris and to all those who helped. I don't Mykel but we are family here on BF. Please send him my regards and some peace. I know what it means to fight the good fight.
    Alan

WTB: GEC 25 Clip or Drop Point...Please
    GEC 66 Jack in stag

Congrats to the winner and thanks for the chance! Best wishes to mykel.

Quote Originally Posted by Odog27 View Post
    Congrats to the winner and thanks for the chance! Best wishes to mykel.
    Thanks for helping out a member of the bf family!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information