Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Busse?

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeH View Post
    My first was the Bird's Beak Steel Heart II in 1994, shortly followed by the original Badger Attack.

Fun story about that first knife:

I was at home recuperating after heart surgery when the knife came. I was sitting in a recliner in the den, all 6'8" of me in an open pajama top with my nasty-looking, red scabby incision
    down my chest on full display, along with three puncture wounds where the drains had been removed. I was holding the BB SH II, examining and fondling it. My daughter Kim, then an early developing 13 years old, walked through the den with a neighborhood boy in tow that I had never seen before. I noticed him eyeing me, the knife, and my prominent wounds. As they walked out I said, "Son, you should have seen the loser."

He never came back. Kim was furious with me, but laughs about it now.
    That's funny, Mike! Do you still have those two?
    Josh Howell
    ---------------
    Looking for a Battle Shark and a Stealth Hawk in perfect or really good condition.
    I may not have the money on hand when you message me, so feel free to ask about trades. Thanks!

First for me was Basic 11… I had bought Swamp Rat Ratmandu Custom Shop & Scrap Yard 511 Military Overrun shortly before this so I knew they were awesome! Sadly I don't have any of those knives anymore… no regrets though.

Here it is, my first BUSSE...

And my first Swamp Rat...

Quote Originally Posted by Maggot Brain View Post
    First for me was Basic 11… I had bought Swamp Rat Ratmandu Custom Shop & Scrap Yard 511 Military Overrun shortly before this so I knew they were awesome! Sadly I don't have any of those knives anymore… no regrets though.
    Never had a Basic. Are they as good as everyone says they are?

...Sarcasm, everyone knows a Busse can't be over-hyped
    Josh Howell
    ---------------
    Looking for a Battle Shark and a Stealth Hawk in perfect or really good condition.
    I may not have the money on hand when you message me, so feel free to ask about trades. Thanks!

Pumpkin bossjack cg. I was looking for "just one knife" er.... Sharpened prybar..... And well, the name of the model kinda sucked me right in. I mean, BOSS JACK. I can't say it enough to make it sound less cool. It's the busse model I would be most likely to be found with multiples of. It's the easiest to carry of blades in the 5-7" category. Tough to beat a 6" blade you can carry all day every day and still baton wood with it.
    FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT (ง'̀-'́)ง No one can give you a free ride down the right path "One foot in front of the other and steady as she goes". "Choose wisely." Certified Crazy Person

Here, as usual, and like my wallet, near the state of eMpTy.
    My first was & still is FBMLE #4 as put together by Jerry.

7 years of hard work later I finally scored her little sister, maybe I should name them LEah & Rachel...

Quote Originally Posted by JoshH View Post
    Never had a Basic. Are they as good as everyone says they are?

...Sarcasm, everyone knows a Busse can't be over-hyped
    They're better, seriously! Referring to all Basics except the Basic 4 which has a different style handle, I feel the shape, texture and type of material all contribute to making the Basic handle one of, if not the most comfortable Busse handle ever made. The handles on the Basic 3 & 5 are smaller than the others, some say too small, but I think they are fine for lighter (non-chopping) use. The B3, B5, B7 & B9 are modified-INFI; as I recall, at that time the only difference between M-INFI and INFI was INFI contained cobalt, so they still offer superior performance at a reduced price.

Question: How many pieces one-at-a-time of 1" hemp rope can a Basic 9 cut?
    Answer: No one knows, because they ran out of rope at 2771 cuts! See the 1st post here.

Thanks gk4ever2, now I know what to get a hold of whenever I recover from my latest plunge.
    What was that plunge, you ask? It was a military overrun HG55
    I also got a 'kin knife as a gift for my brother, but it's not as cool haha
    Josh Howell
    ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by Dicko View Post

This 1/300 SHBM was my first - kicked off a habit for sure!

Long since gone for many reasons however hope to have another one day.

Regards,
    Dicko.
    Dicko, love these slabs on your Shbm. Did you hand sand them yourself? Looks real good!
    WTB/TRD4 Busse Moabm,sjle,abale

Quote Originally Posted by JoshH View Post
    That's funny, Mike! Do you still have those two?
    Absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeH View Post
    Absolutely!
    I know what you mean. I'd sell my TGLB and NMFSH before I'd ever get rid of my AXE Hammer. It was my introduction, and I couldn't fathom letting it go.
    Pics or it didn't happen
    Josh Howell
    ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by bullpin View Post
    Dicko, love these slabs on your Shbm. Did you hand sand them yourself? Looks real good!
    The earlier SHBMs came from the factory with smooth grips, so I'm pretty sure those are the factory grips.

Quote Originally Posted by gk4ever2 View Post
    The earlier SHBMs came from the factory with smooth grips, so I'm pretty sure those are the factory grips.
    Yes, the big girl was an all original. 👍👍
    Quote Originally Posted by bullpin View Post

Regards,
    Dicko.
    Regards,
    Dicko.

'Slow and right beats fast & wrong'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information