Thread: 2017 CRKT's

2017 CRKT's

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Been looking over the new products from CRKT for 2017 looks like a few good ones,
    COPACETIC
    HI Jinx Z (kind of cool to see this in a budget friendly version)
    Love most of the Vox Colabs
    The Liong Mah Remedy is a great high end folder I hope it translates well to stainless but may be weighty
    https://www.crkt.com/shop/whats-new....m_medium=email
    What do you guys think?

Pretty much still the same as what I thought here.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...Ts-2017-Lineup

2 or 3 new lefty friendly models. Not cool. The budget production Hi Jinx looks the most appealing, but at that price it will be like $60 for a knife in 4116 and with plastic handles. I hate to say it, but I might be totally passing on CRKT this year.
    If plants could feel pain, mowing the lawn would be a war crime.

Homefront and Humdinger looks like, they'd make for good hunting/companion knives.

Quite like the Muzzlebrake.

The Thighe Breaker looks ugly as sin.

The Tecpatl should be drug behind a shed and put out of its misery THEN nuked from space.

The Jeff Park Crossbones and the Voxnaes Pillar have my attention.

wish they would use a different steel than AUS8. For the price they charge, it could easily be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Insipid Moniker View Post
    Pretty much still the same as what I thought here.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...Ts-2017-Lineup
    Darn it, sorry, I searched before posting this don't know why I missed it maybe the s after CRKT anyway hate to be redundant maybe mods can just fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by clearkevin View Post
    Darn it, sorry, I searched before posting this don't know why I missed it maybe the s after CRKT anyway hate to be redundant maybe mods can just fix it.
    It's all good, I honestly don't think there's any problem with having a couple of threads on the subject.

The last CRKT i bought was Jettison, and it was because of the hype reviews on YT, which i regretted. Other than that, think the 2017 lineup doesnt interest me. IMO CRKT is becoming overpriced for the quality of material, and you can easily find better alternatives in the market nowadays even for the cheap knives in $30+ range. Kershaw Link for example, you can get it for $36 made in USA.

I'm definately eyeing the Pillar and Batum models. I nuetered my Bryd Cara Cara a few years back when I thought I was about to move somewhere with short blade length laws and feel like the Pillar is a sleeker looking version. Also probably picking up a Snailor or two.
    I'm a bit surprised at myself, I already swore off CRKT due to their steel issues this past year but it's hard to mess up a nice budget knife, 8Cr is 8Cr after all. I'll just stay in the shallow end this year and save my big money for a PM2.

Quote Originally Posted by brancron View Post
    The Jeff Park Crossbones and the Voxnaes Pillar have my attention.
    I'm liking both of those. I also like the design of the Humdinger, though I don't know what 65Mn steel is, and 50-53 sounds pretty soft.

https://www.crkt.com/shop/whats-new/humdinger.html
    "There are plenty black marks on my character, but I can honestly say that I have never snorted a midget."
    -James Terrio

I still like the Noma

Thread Information