Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I want a 4 Max....

I want a 4 Max....

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    I really want a 4 Max, but having a hard time with the price. This is just my opinion, but I wish it was $100 less. I just bought a ZT 0909 and it is a beast, and after reading some use tests, S35vn is pretty close to CPM-20cv. Except for the Tri-Ad lock, I am having a hard time justifying $200 more than I paid for the 0909.

I might drive up to Cold Steel tomorrow or Friday as they are about an hour away so I could hold one. But their price is a bit steep, so I won't get wallet itch and walk with one.

Anyhow, just babbling.
    Spyder Nation #1776

Love/Hate Cold Steel

I'm starting to get the itch for a 4 Max too. I suspect I'll cave in eventually!
    "Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty."
    Ronald Reagan

Its the toughest folder by far....no competition

still waiting for mine to arrive...doesnt look like its CS fault. beginning of december they send it to discount cutlery...still didnt receive it

paid 340 dollar for it apart from shipping. a average ZT cost at least that much over here

I wouldn't mind having one either. I've read around here they are close to a custom knife. Like you mentioned I'd like to get one in hand to check out first though.
    I believe they are back ordered most places also.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwdriver View Post
    I really want a 4 Max
    Why do you want one? I'm not suggesting that you should not want one. But what are the real, honest, core reasons that you want it?
    WTB: Victorinox black oxide Swisstool. Link.

I'd like to check one out. Looks like we may be in between production runs now if the rumor is true that production is moving to Italy. Would like to know if there will be any minor design changes or a price change.

Quote Originally Posted by powernoodle View Post
    Why do you want one? I'm not suggesting that you should not want one. But what are the real, honest, core reasons that you want it?
    Strictly want over any need.
    Spyder Nation #1776

Love/Hate Cold Steel

I have one, as well as a few Demko customs. The Demkos are impeccable, and tough as nails, and the 4Max is comparable. If it said Demko on is instead of Cold Steel, it would be tough to tell the difference. The fit and finish is perfect, and the knife is just a complete beast.

Quote Originally Posted by jstn View Post
    I have one, as well as a few Demko customs. The Demkos are impeccable, and tough as nails, and the 4Max is comparable. If it said Demko on is instead of Cold Steel, it would be tough to tell the difference. The fit and finish is perfect, and the knife is just a complete beast.
    Did you get in on the first run?

Seconded. Only one Demko custom to compare the 4Max to but based on that comparison and other custom knives the 4Max is outstanding. Glad to have one made in USA and with the proper step in the lock bar, first release. Shame their moving to Italy for production.

I would do bad things for a Coldsteel 4Max.........

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jimislash View Post
    Did you get in on the first run?
    Yessir.

Yessir.
    I heard things went downhill after the first run... watch Jimislash YT video about this

Looks like the new version that is made in Italy will have a light (cool) grey G10 handle scales.

The MSRP came down a bit too.

Quote Originally Posted by GCG199 View Post
    Looks like the new version that is made in Italy will have a light (cool) grey G10 handle scales.

The MSRP came down a bit too.

So no more made in the US? Kinda sucks that CS can't figure out how to keep production here.....
    Spyder Nation #1776

Love/Hate Cold Steel

Mine is a third run and is made in the USA and is perfect in every way.

The new one is now listed at coldsteel.com. Made in Italy. The part number changed from 62RM to 62RN. MSRP dropped by $30. Color from desert tan to cool grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwdriver View Post
    I really want a 4 Max, but having a hard time with the price. This is just my opinion, but I wish it was $100 less. I just bought a ZT 0909 and it is a beast, and after reading some use tests, S35vn is pretty close to CPM-20cv. Except for the Tri-Ad lock, I am having a hard time justifying $200 more than I paid for the 0909.

I might drive up to Cold Steel tomorrow or Friday as they are about an hour away so I could hold one. But their price is a bit steep, so I won't get wallet itch and walk with one.

Anyhow, just babbling.
    I was let down. My 4 max had fit and finish issues, in addition to a lock issue. Also less than stellar customer service. Maybe they have stepped it up, but I moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by AF View Post
    The new one is now listed at coldsteel.com. Made in Italy. The part number changed from 62RM to 62RN. MSRP dropped by $30. Color from desert tan to cool grey.
    Ooooo, now I want a grey one!

Well, I picked one up today. Holy carp! Fit and finish is flawless....and the G10 is as others said, top quality. Anyhow, it makes my ZT 0909 look like a toy.

Spyder Nation #1776

Love/Hate Cold Steel

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information