Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What kind of folder do you carry?

What kind of folder do you carry?

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    I am sure there are a lot of people out there that are looking forward to the CPK folder.

While I think most of us are here because of a common interest in Nathan & Jo's work, and Lorien's designs of course, I think some of us might be wildly divergent on what kind of folders we carry.

So what do you EDC? Pics always help!

This may prove useful to Nathan & Lorien in that they might be able to get a feel for what is popular among us, but I suspect they already have something in mind.
    WTB or WTTF:
    Paying VERY WELL for anything Nathan the Machinst in Osage Orange or other wood.

It's been a PM2 for awhile, but this one specifically since it was released.

I am currently carrying a Kizer Ophid. S35VN blade, g10 scales and paid somewhere around $100 for it. I like the blade shape as it is wonderful for stripping wire and cutting through boxes. I honestly believe they are some of the most under rated, semi unknown knives out there. The only reason I say semi unknown is that I never heard of them til I joined BF.

I have two folders that get carried. One is a Wm Henry T12-CF.1.6 oz, carbon fibre slabs, will try and find a pic.

The other is a Bingalor, made by Bing Bingenheimer, Koa slabs, zirconium bolsters and clip, design by Lorien. Pics attached.

" Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum "

Today........these two. The Benchmade gets beat on a lot. The Beer Scout.........well, because I needed a beer

I don't carry a folder anymore but when I did, the Spyderco Paramilitary 2 was perfection for me.

Got this today, new Para 3!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am surprised how many Spyderco are showing up.

I have a PM2 sprint run in CTS-20CP with a Lynch northwest clip, but it never sees pocket time.
    WTB or WTTF:
    Paying VERY WELL for anything Nathan the Machinst in Osage Orange or other wood.

Benchmade Volli

Mini griptilian at all times.

Today! Tomorrow.......?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    WTB or WTT for: CRK Large or small Regular CGG "Crosshairs"

Look to the adobe of the devil. For my brothers and I have been there.
    Hell's Half Acre, Vietnam, 1965, author unknown

I currently carry a Spyderco Techno I picked up in trade for some handle work, and have come to decide that I both really like it, and want something a little different. It is one stout little knife, but a bit stubby. Next up on my must-have list is a ZT, or if I can swing it, a Hinderer.
    Instagram: @inrangedesign

#071 #071

Depends on the occasion but here are my main two.

CRK Mnandi
    Spyderco Sage 5

(Edited: Uploaded images to external website)
    Last edited by Musashidin; 01-13-2017 at 12:53 AM.

I carry a David Boye folder reground by Tom Krein with a cast colbalt blade and a Leatherman Micra.

Rest in Peace my friend...see you on the other side.

NRA LIFE/ENDOWMENT MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by JustinFournier View Post
    This may prove useful to Nathan & Lorien in that they might be able to get a feel for what is popular among us
    right again!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawkind View Post
    I carry a David Boye folder reground by Tom Krein with a cast colbalt blade and a Leatherman Micra.
    Always curious about that dendritic cobalt but never given it a try. I am not surprised to see something unusual from you.
    WTB or WTTF:

I have a PM2 sprint run in CTS-20CP with a Lynch northwest clip, but it never sees pocket time.
    Change the scales - you may be surprised at the transformation.

My ZT0550 (gen1) has reclaimed my pocket since it was revitalized with a copper scale; but I often carry a bocote scaled S110v PM2 in my jacket pocket. (If the PM2 ends up in my pants pocket, the ZT0200kw is in the jacket).
    I generally carry a traditional in my left font pocket - usually a GEC 77 or 92; but, once in a while, I slip a 15, 55, or 47 in there.
    I used to be immortal...then I got old

I've shared some of the spydercos that I enjoy in the "what other knives do you like" thread. They are undoubtedly great tools.

I also very much appreciate a nice traditional knife. I'm very fond of the GEC 77 (single blade) pattern.

However, in context of what I would love to see in a CPK folder, is not a spyderco. What I really hope to see is an American made version of a Shirogorov.

Below is my 95R. It's a beautiful, purposeful, lightweight knife for its size. It's a great piece of engineering.

Last edited by coiledwire; 01-12-2017 at 04:59 AM.

I switch my carry rotation between 2 of these at all times but the Silent Soldier hasn't left my pocket since I got it a few months ago. I also have a partially serrated Manix 2 that goes to work with me everyday and is my "beater" knife.

What kind of folder do you carry?

Always curious about that dendritic cobalt but never given it a try. I am not surprised to see something unusual from you.
    Ha! Ive carried it for over 10 years and it's awesome. Tom did a full-height flat-grind to .008" on the edge before sharpening and it cuts like a laser.

Zytel handle, 304 stainless pins, spring/lock, and clip....no magnetic signature and totally rust-proof, not rust-resistant.

Last edited by Dawkind; 01-12-2017 at 03:04 PM.

Rest in Peace my friend...see you on the other side.

NRA LIFE/ENDOWMENT MEMBER

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information