Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R-Series Knives

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    I'm sure there's HIstory to these. What does 'R' stand for?

Joeraz I'm not 100% but I believe the R is for Ram Lal. He's been creating up a storm of new knives

The R series isn't new, it's been around for quite a spell. I think Ram is pretty new, so he's making them but he didn't invent them. I got nothing to back that up with, Meister Tall I'm sure is already checking the archives.
    You know that little thing inside your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't?

Yeah, I don't have one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    The R series isn't new, it's been around for quite a spell. I think Ram is pretty new, so he's making them but he didn't invent them. I got nothing to back that up with, Meister Tall I'm sure is already checking the archives.
    He had to order a new cloak before entering the archives. He wore out the old one. Might take longer than usual.

So that's it. Totally understandable.

I actually have two of his cloaks I still need to press right after I polish his sandals. Ran out of sandal polish. My bad. I'm sure I'll be replaced forthwith for my ineptness very soon.
    You know that little thing inside your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't?

Yeah, I don't have one of those.

EMS for that R-4 knife... Fingers crossed.

Got the Done Deal!! Woo hoo!!
    Last edited by timcsaw; 01-25-2017 at 07:04 PM.
    Pro 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.
    Pro 26:5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

My personal favorites are the R-4, R-7 & the R-10.

I now have R-1 through R-10 in route with R-11 being made. Some are the most functional regular blades I know HI to produce. Look them up when available. I know I have a 29" Ram Dao and a 30" Janawar Katana but really, why? The little ones do all necessary for a knife. The others are mostly all choppers, with some exceptions. The reason they are Khukris.

I now have 1-10 with glorious efforts of different old school and new school Kami's. When I get number 11, I will show rhem all off. Auntie must have picked the proper Kami best for each one. She's a true wizzard. In this case, the set is better than the originals. 1, 2 and 7 could make you envious.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information