Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Southern Grind Special Edition Spider Monkey!

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigolegator View Post
    Can't go wrong with SGrind since he already uses profits to fund his children's center/camp experience...awesome idea and project!
    I agree. I can also tell you they sure are great people to work with.
    Last edited by Thomas Carey; 03-03-2017 at 09:19 PM.

Just got an email today from Thomas saying that pre-orders are now open for this Spider Monkey. Specs and price are just as listed in the OP. The pre-orders have to be placed through Minuteman's web site.
    Regards, Dale
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers 1879-1935
    RIP Riley, Molly, and Murphy... well done lads! AMOR AETERNUS
    ISEK... and freedom of speech #12

We are doing this to raise funds for the charity Red Circle Foundation. These knives are now priced the same as what SG dealers are offering the regular version with black blade for. For each one sold $30 will go to the charity.

If you don't know about this charity please check them out on their site here. http://redcirclefoundation.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Carey View Post
    These knives are now priced the same as what SG dealers are offering the regular version with black blade for.
    Minuteman is selling this version of the Spider Monkey with tan G-10 and black blade for $229.95 + $13.00 shipping or a total of $242.95 shipped.

The regular Spider Monkey with black blade and a really nice milled and textured carbon fiber (more expensive than G-10) sells for $229.95 shipped.

Also, it looks like these won't ship until the end of August 2017.
    • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
    • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by RamZar View Post
    Minuteman is selling this version of the Spider Monkey with tan G-10 and black blade for $229.95 + $13.00 shipping or a total of $242.95 shipped.

The regular Spider Monkey with black blade and a really nice milled and textured carbon fiber (more expensive than G-10) sells for $229.95 shipped.

Also, it looks like these won't ship until the end of August 2017.
    We were told by SG we could not offer these for a price lower than $229.95 and I don't have an issue with that. Yes I know CF costs more. For what it's worth ours does come with the para cord fob which the regular version does not. Which we are paying extra to have those. Our G10 also has nice grooves milled into it. I just changed it so we are no longer charging for shipping.

I don't know if the fact we are just producing a single batch of what looks like will be 50 or less of these. Plus the fact they we are donating $30 for each one we sell to a great charity will matter much to folks or not. But I would like to think it might to some.

We've recently changed how and when we donate to the charities we raise funds for. Now we come up with a set $ amount for each item and when we take in an order I send the charity its share ASAP.

To be blunt one thing I sure do not want to do is undercut regular Southern Grind dealers with our single batch of knives we will be having produced. I am sure the good folks at Southern Grind don't want that either which is why the price is where it is.

We may well ship before August that's basically the worst case scenario.
    Last edited by Thomas Carey; 03-15-2017 at 06:20 PM.

For those of you that are not familiar with Southern Grind and or this particular model. You might want to check out this review which was just recently published.

I hope all of you have a great day and thanks so much for taking the time to read through this thread. =)

https://loadoutroom.com/28023/minute...t-impressions/

Last edited by Thomas Carey; 03-16-2017 at 08:17 AM.
    Minuteman offers knives made in the USA and watches assembled in the USA For more info about our brand and its efforts check out our brands site here. http://minutemanwatches.com/

The fact that you are donating a portion of sales to a charity/organization and are keeping prices at or near popular retail is pretty awesome in my book
    RULE #9

Good luck with the sale and thank you for donating to a good cause! If this wasn't a liner lock I'd definitely get one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I want to point out that with all of our costs the charity is getting about 50% of the profit now that we've reduced the price of the knives. Gone to free shipping and increased the amount we are donating to the charity. This does not seem to be popular here on the forum thus far and I am honestly at a loss as to why that is. I have been carrying and using the first prototype for about a month now and I have to say its one of the best factory knives I've ever owned. I've been into knives since about 2005. In that time I have owned and used a whole lot of knives.
    Minuteman offers knives made in the USA and watches assembled in the USA For more info about our brand and its efforts check out our brands site here. http://minutemanwatches.com/

I am simply not in the market for a new folder right now, but if I was I would strongly consider this knife. I wish you well in your endeavors.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Carey View Post
    I want to point out that with all of our costs the charity is getting about 50% of the profit now that we've reduced the price of the knives. Gone to free shipping and increased the amount we are donating to the charity. This does not seem to be popular here on the forum thus far and I am honestly at a loss as to why that is. I have been carrying and using the first prototype for about a month now and I have to say its one of the best factory knives I've ever owned. I've been into knives since about 2005. In that time I have owned and used a whole lot of knives.
    The ebb and flow here on the Forum is hard to predict...you will see a knife for sale on the exchange for days with no movement; it will be withdrawn from sale then reappear in a couple of days and be sold within 10 minutes of the relist. So it's prob not a knock on your effort...just how it goes on here sometimes. Also a lot of members tend to not like coated blades, liner locks etc etc. so that could be part of it as well. Don't get too discouraged
    RULE #9

I'd really like to own a southern grind knife, but I wont buy liner locks any more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

did I miss something its not available yet right?

Quote Originally Posted by js1badsti View Post
    did I miss something its not available yet right?
    We have start accepting orders. We sent out emails to everyone that was on our contact list. If we did not have your email it may be I forgot to pm you. http://minutemanwatches.com/collecti...d_spidermonkey

We are donating more to the charity and charging less for the knife than was originally planned. =) We've already been able to send some funds to the fine folks at Red Circle Foundation and sure would like to be able to send them a lot more.

As we sell each knife I am literally getting on their site and sending them funds so they can start putting it to use right away.
    Last edited by Thomas Carey; 03-25-2017 at 08:21 PM.

looks like a nice collab and setup for charity.....but it's the short blade version and i don't carry and use folders that short. good blade length for most but not for me.

A lot of people have viewed this thread at this point. If any of you have any questions please feel free to ask me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information