Thread: Front scales on the 25 vs the large inkosi

Front scales on the 25 vs the large inkosi

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    I had a 25. I sold it bc I didn't like the finger cutouts on the scale. I have big hands. I didn't like the cutouts....they forced me
    to grip the scale in a position that wasn't comfortable for me.

Guys that have big hands, are the cutouts, for lack of a better word, on the large Inkosi much different or any more comfortable than
    the 25.

I just want replies from guys with big hands, Thanks.

I have XL-XXL hands and the Large Inkosi feels like it was made for my hands.
    BECKERHEAD #361

It appears the contour on the back is different, but I see no difference in the finger grooves from pictures. Anybody have them side by side?

http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q693/Ajack60/e6ce4359540ff4baf9f71a93b74ea1a6_zpsd5unc6v8.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I don't have big hands, but here's a side by side pic of a 25 and Inksoi. You be the judge.
    Last edited by Ajack60; 02-15-2017 at 03:20 PM.
    Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon.
    No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway

Thanks for the pics Ajack60. I won't be getting a large Inkosi. The scales are the same as the 25.

Not only the cutouts but to me what has changed the most and has been the spine of the handles/scales. The Inkosi is more concaved which(to me) makes the overall grip "skinnier". Would love to see some comparison spine pics?
    Instagram- Lemmuhj

Quote Originally Posted by lemmuhj View Post
    Not only the cutouts but to me what has changed the most and has been the spine of the handles/scales. The Inkosi is more concaved which(to me) makes the overall grip "skinnier". Would love to see some comparison spine pics?
    The cut-outs don't really seem any different to me, but indeed the handle spine on the Inkoski is more concave than the 25. My hands are oddly large with oversized palms and short thick fingers, the last two of which are damaged to the extent that I can't close my grip with them. The cut-outs on both knives help lock my first two fingers in and there seems no substantial difference in grip to me between the two knives .

Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way, you'll be a mile away from him and he won't have his shoes.
    On the Exchange: Budget Pair of Wood-Handled Knives

What's the chance that you could take the "floating" stop pin from an Inkosi to replace the stop pin on a 25? Would it work? They appear to be the same diameter when just looking with the naked eye.

Quote Originally Posted by kgajewsky View Post
    What's the chance that you could take the "floating" stop pin from an Inkosi to replace the stop pin on a 25? Would it work? They appear to be the same diameter when just looking with the naked eye.
    Wouldn't work. The hole in the front scale of the 25 isn't wide enough for the floating pin to pass through. Also I believe the stop pin on the 25 is notched to allow for blade clearance.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ChazzyP View Post
    The cut-outs don't really seem any different to me, but indeed the handle spine on the Inkoski is more concave than the 25. My hands are oddly large with oversized palms and short thick fingers, the last two of which are damaged to the extent that I can't close my grip with them. The cut-outs on both knives help lock my first two fingers in and there seems no substantial difference in grip to me between the two knives .

Nice comparison pic. Its very obvious on the spine.
    Instagram- Lemmuhj

I have handled both very recently and the changes on the handle i could def feel. The stop pin on 25 actually made the opening much stiffer regardless of the pivot screw. At least in my exp

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Not rich enough to buy cheap stuff.

WTB: Shirogorov Hati CF M390

Would it be safe to say the grip of a 25 is a little slimmer than a large 21 and a large Inkosi May be a bit slimmer than the 25?
    I picked up a large 21 a while ago, use it daily...perfect edc. Considering a large Inkosi, don't think I'd care for a slimmer grip though.

I'm pretty sure the spine on the Inkosi and the 25 are the same. It just looks like the chamfering on the Inkosi is steeper.

I had both the 25 and Inkosi with me at work today so measured the depth of the scales with calipers. I get the same measurements from finger grooves to spine on both knives and either finger groove, first or second, .746 and.827 respectively within a thou or two. Spine curvature looks identical too so I think any visual difference is just effect from the variable vs. uniform edge chamfer onbthe two models.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Heirphoto; 03-23-2017 at 12:07 PM.

Thread Information