Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 153

Thread: Let's talk Northwoods

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,093

    Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!


    I'm loving the two Fremonts I have. The black micarta was a second that I picked up for a good price. The interesting part is the only think that I can pick out that would make it a second is the uneven patina on one side of the blade. Other than that small visual issue it is perfect and a prime candidate for a perfect EDC user.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by cbr1000 View Post
    I wonder if we will ever see a Northwoods GEC made lockback. I'm sitting here looking at my GEC 72 and found myself wondering what it would look like in black camel bone with an arrowhead shield...
    There was one made by Queen back before I started with Northwoods. I think it was on a Mountain Man frame.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Great Lakes State
    Posts
    1,351
    Nice Fremonts tomsch!!!

    This Broadway Jack I like more each and every day and... I've had it quite awhile!

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    1,086
    Quote Originally Posted by okbohn View Post
    There was one made by Queen back before I started with Northwoods. I think it was on a Mountain Man frame.
    Is it this one?

    Pictures from google image search:




  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by redsparrow View Post
    Nice Fremonts tomsch!!!

    This Broadway Jack I like more each and every day and... I've had it quite awhile!
    That sawcut red bone is beautiful, redsparrow! My blue camel bone is easily my favorite knife in my collection, I'll have to get some good pics of it for this thread. Surprised we don't see more Broadway Jack love...

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Great Lakes State
    Posts
    1,351
    Thanks spycycle!! Seems we should see more Broadway Jacks... what's not to love? Well sized, quality all steel construction, EZ open and an interesting blade grind. Hope to see your blue camel bone before too long.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    1,086
    Derrick, the Hawthorne is going on sale in a couple days... can you tell us cover options?... any chance you have different blade options like the prior clip/warncliffe run? Thank you

    Just saw the answer to my question on IG..

    Giraffe, burlap, denim, red linen, stag, mammoth and I see a clip point and warncliffe

    fyi
    Last edited by cbr1000; 03-20-2017 at 02:10 PM.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    The Tall Pines in Northern AZ Mountains
    Posts
    725
    please explain what IG is and where to find it...

    Quote Originally Posted by cbr1000 View Post
    Derrick, the Hawthorne is going on sale in a couple days... can you tell us cover options?... any chance you have different blade options like the prior clip/warncliffe run? Thank you

    Just saw the answer to my question on IG..

    Giraffe, burlap, denim, red linen, stag, mammoth and I see a clip point and warncliffe

    fyi

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Shuswap
    Posts
    3,778
    Quote Originally Posted by rdave View Post
    please explain what IG is and where to find it...
    Instagram

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    The Tall Pines in Northern AZ Mountains
    Posts
    725
    geez...thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Danke42 View Post
    Instagram

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    The Tall Pines in Northern AZ Mountains
    Posts
    725
    I do not see prices and if the knife is GEC produced

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    1,086
    Quote Originally Posted by rdave View Post
    I do not see prices and if the knife is GEC produced
    It is made by GEC. I have not seen published prices. You can look at the prices from the prior run to get a very rough feel for price. You can also look at the most recent run of Fremonts to get a very rough feel for cost.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by cbr1000 View Post
    It is made by GEC. I have not seen published prices. You can look at the prices from the prior run to get a very rough feel for price. You can also look at the most recent run of Fremonts to get a very rough feel for cost.
    they should be very consistent with prior runs. Mammoth is the only skyrocketing handle material.

    These are GEC produced. The first release will be about 1/3 of the full run with the rest in about 2 weeks.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by okbohn View Post
    they should be very consistent with prior runs. Mammoth is the only skyrocketing handle material.

    These are GEC produced. The first release will be about 1/3 of the full run with the rest in about 2 weeks.
    Hey Mr. Bohn. It was cool to meet you at the grind in last weekend. Wanted to talk to you about the upcoming Hawethornes but never really got the chance. You're pretty popular, lol.
    Is the first release going to include all handle material options or are some materials, such as mammoth for example, going to be released two weeks from now?
    Thanks
    -Caleb.

  15. #135
    There will be some of all the handle materials. GEC just wasn't able to get all of them out to us at once and we wanted to get these out.

    They are really beautiful.


  16. #136
    Will these be on the main page when they are released?
    Luke

    "No son, never. The blood stays on the blade." - Gangs of
    New York

  17. #137
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Dunedin, Florida
    Posts
    2,529
    I was lucky to get this Broadway Jack last year from KSF.

  18. #138


    By far my prettiest knife.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomsbz View Post


    By far my prettiest knife.
    Those were one of the least popular Northwoods and one of the ones I liked the best. They were up with the Presidential for how much I loved them. Nice choice.

  20. #140
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Commack, NY
    Posts
    1,194
    The Hawthorns lasted eight minutes. I was able to get two. A Denim wharnecliff and a stag clip.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 1 guests)

  1. rdrogers,
  2. OldDom92

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •