Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sheath question on my foxy

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Quote Originally Posted by SingleGrind View Post
    Wow that is a fine example for sure. You gotta take her out to play! It's a whole lot of fun

Don't know what to say about the cardboard, certainly haven't seen that before. But I never use the original sheaths much anyways
    I have been carrying her in the car everyday which was how i discovered the cardboard, pulled the khuk out to show someone and could not get it back in. Once this northern weather breaks i will be using all of these on my property and hopefully film some stuff. I have been using a few on a regular basis on trap line and for work. They really are great.

Somehow i doubt that cardboard was intentional? Maybe someone was carrying it around and put it in there temporary for some reason or who knows what couldda happened but somehow ended up in the for sale pile? Dont know or maybe new Sarki helper? Definitely one in a million.
    Normally the blade is retained by the mouth of the sheath from the sides so adjusting the fit is very easy to do as we described earlier in the thread. Since foxy is probably the widest blade they make I find it hard to believe they would need to pad the bottom of the sheath. Just a weird situation to me!

Super nice blade BTW!

Quote Originally Posted by ndoghouse View Post
    Somehow i doubt that cardboard was intentional? Maybe someone was carrying it around and put it in there temporary for some reason or who knows what couldda happened but somehow ended up in the for sale pile? Dont know or maybe new Sarki helper? Definitely one in a million.
    Normally the blade is retained by the mouth of the sheath from the sides so adjusting the fit is very easy to do as we described earlier in the thread. Since foxy is probably the widest blade they make I find it hard to believe they would need to pad the bottom of the sheath. Just a weird situation to me!

Super nice blade BTW!
    I agree 100 % I will admit to being baffled at first since my others dont have any but hey who knows I am happy with everything and this one is awesome I just had to ask the group as I was not sure if there was an intentional reason lol

4. Quote Originally Posted by Red Eagle Trapping View Post
    I have been carrying her in the car everyday which was how i discovered the cardboard, pulled the khuk out to show someone and could not get it back in. Once this northern weather breaks i will be using all of these on my property and hopefully film some stuff. I have been using a few on a regular basis on trap line and for work. They really are great.
    My ff is pretty thin and light. More of a martial blade. I'd be a little hesitant to use it for agricultural chores, wood chopping, etc. There are plenty of beefier models more oriented towards agriculture.
    Howard Wallace

Agreed.
    You know that little thing inside your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't?

Yeah, I don't have one of those.

I have plenty of the beefy models now so this wont see any action like the cak or the m43 or gopte. Use on my property will be more of the culinary kind and defense against evil monsters or zombies. Lol. Thanks though i agree too a super fast and light blade, it truly is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information