Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Who's your Daddy GAW WINNERS picked on post 54

About 3.99 feet east of 4 feet west of here

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    This was a cool GAW!

Thanks and congratulations.

Glenn, thank you for such a nice gesture in the middle of your grief. This demonstrates great character and I have no doubt you learned that from your father, whom you have honored thoroughly here in this thread. I will be in touch via PM, and thank you again, Sir. You are definitely a class act... May God bless you and yours. ~ Rob

Thanks Rob, and thank you Ted! I have read parts of that story before from you, and was saddened by it then as I am now. It's events like yours that shows us how fragile life is, and how, while it's tough to practice it all the time, that we shouldn't take for granted our loved ones that are alive, because just like that, they can be gone.

That's why it always amazes me that an otherwise plain knife that we own can instantly take us back in time to a strong memory.

Even thought the GAW is over, if anyone wishes to share anything about their dad, passed or living, feel free to in this thread. I think it is having a far more profound effect than on just myself.

Glenn
    "you know the road doesn't end, when it reaches a bend..." - Poco

Proud Supporter of JK Knives #65

Just got the Queen in today and figured I would update the thread.

Thank you so much for this, Glenn. This was a special giveaway and therefore I consider this to be a special knife. As I mentioned to you before, this knife will not be leaving me, unless powers I cannot control dictate otherwise, of course. I am grateful for the opportunity to have shared in your giveaway here and hope that everyone who participated or even lurked found some comfort as well.

Thank you again!

On a bit of a side note: This is my first Queen, first four blade, and first Congress. I was a bit surprised to see how big and solid this knife is, feels like a tank. Which suits me just fine. Now I need to learn some Queen history and what not...

"The man, who goes afoot, prepared to camp anywhere and in any weather, is the most independent fellow on earth."

~ Dylan ~

I came home today to a lovely surprise. I feel especially fortunate since I was the surprise bonus winner. Glenn said that since the other Bruckmann had already been selected he looked through his collection and found another.

It is a great little knife. I like that it has a corkscrew. I think it will be making my next conference trip with me. It is a good knife for a conference.

Of course it was also wrapped in purple paper. Purple is my daughter's favorite color, and she immediately tried to claim the knife as hers. She said that it was mine when I was a little boy, so now it should be hers... I think I may have a fight on my hands in a few years time.
    Glennbad.jpg
    Last edited by abbydaddy; 03-18-2017 at 12:09 AM.
    UO and OSU, so I'm a Platypus

http://centergnome.blogspot.com/

Thanks to Glenn for the giveaway.

Congrats to the winners.
    Signature goes here.....

Quote Originally Posted by abbydaddy View Post
    I came home today to a lovely surprise. I feel especially fortunate since I was the surprise bonus winner. Glenn said that since the other Bruckmann had already been selected he looked through his collection and found another.

It is a great little knife. I like that it has a corkscrew. I think it will be making my next conference trip with me. It is a good knife for a conference.

Of course it was also wrapped in purple paper. Purple is my daughter's favorite color, and she immediately tried to claim the knife as hers. She said that it was mine when I was a little boy, so now it should be hers... I think I may have a fight on my hands in a few years time.
    Glennbad.jpg

Oh boy, you are going to have your hands full with her!

Congrats winners! Found this pic while moving last week. Miss the hell out of this guy.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    My YouTube Channel

Please join me and the crew over at the Jimbo's Knife Fam FB Group!

Great pic, PNWJimbo!

Not so much my Dad who is still alive. For me it was my Grandpaw John. That man taught me construction, plumbing and a love of Knives. When he died the world truly lost a great man.
    I got a Camillus 72 and two Schrade stockman that were his.

If you consider this qualifying, I'm torn between the Fixed blade and the Schrade. But I believe I'd prefer the Schrade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Grats to the winners and thanks to all for sharing memories and stories and photos. Lovely GAW, Glennbad.

The Bruckmann I won arrived in the mail the other day, and has been in my pocket the last couple days along with my regular daily carry, although I keep forgetting to take a picture. Thank you, Glenn! It's an interesting knife, I love how slim it is. I'll be sure to take good care of it.
    -- Barrett

WTB GEC #15 Boy's Knives -- FarmBoy in Ebony or Nifebrite -- Single or two-blade Clip in Ebony, Nifebrite or Antique Yellow -- Sheepsfoot w/ SCOUT shield in Ebony

Glenn, I want to sincerely apologize for the delay in posting. Evidently, I have some very honest and kind neighbors. The box you sent with the Schrade 863 ended up mis-delivered to another family's mailbox (we have a community gang mailbox setup in my neighborhood). It turns out, they had been away this past week for Spring Break with their children, arriving home yesterday evening. So, I just got a knock on the door from this kind lady (a neighbor I have never met), and lo-and-behold, there's your package.

I'm just so impressed by your gesture, Glenn. Your generosity and kindness in the face of profound grief are inspiring. The thoughtful and touching note you included, along with this spectacular knife (because that note is now part of this knife's special history) will be treasured. This Schrade 863 will be one of those rare very meaningful pieces that will be passed along to my children.

Glenn, let me thank you and, again, offer my sincerest of condolences. I am quite sure your father was, and still very much is, deeply proud of you in every way possible. Blessings of peace, strength, and comfort to you and yours, Glenn.

~ Rob ~

Congratulations to all the Winners.

Rob, glad you received the package! No apologies necessary. You mentioned my kindness and generosity. I wasn't always quite this generous. However, the fine members of "The Porch" have taught me more about kindness and generosity than all my years growing up.

Glenn, just wanted to say thanks again for this giveaway! I finally got around to taking a photo of the Bruckmann, so I figured I'd share it here. Thank you again, my friend!

-- Barrett

WTB GEC #15 Boy's Knives -- FarmBoy in Ebony or Nifebrite -- Single or two-blade Clip in Ebony, Nifebrite or Antique Yellow -- Sheepsfoot w/ SCOUT shield in Ebony

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information