Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Armor

Eastern Washington state the conservative side

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanyChris View Post
    Did they tell you what the turn around time will be?
    They said 6 to 8 weeks. To long but I wanted it done by them, checked some other places local but did not get a comfortable feeling that they would do it as I want I completely trust CRK.
    WTB Large Left handed, Serrated, PJ Sebenza

Quote Originally Posted by driwash View Post
    That is very cool that CRK is going to do the engraving. How long did they say it was going to take? I wonder if they would do that for more veterans?
    Tom
    Yes I am excited that they will be doing the engraving. It is a service they offer so they do it for anyone. They said 6 to 8 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Amoo View Post
    So I walk out to my mailbox and have a whole host of things in there. I'm going through the crap and I see a letter written in pen addressed to me. I'm like wtf this is never good, am I getting sued or some crap. I look and see it's a letter from somebody named "Bree" in someplace in Washington I have never heard of. Now I'm really thinking, "great wtf is this". So I opened it up and there's a handwritten letter, from BILL with my tape inside!!!!

Few lessons learned here.

1. Men's hand writing sucks.

2. Men suck at reading other men's handwriting.

3. Bill is a great dude, apologized for how long it took him to get me this little strip out. Come on dude, you're sending me something for free and having to pay to mail it yourself (I know cost of a stamp and envelope big whoop), but still. Very much appreciated man. Still searching for something of proper size and taste to put on the small Inkosi, as I have a couple of things here as well as a couple of things coming. Either way this is awesome and TY.
    First you are very welcome and second it was more than worth it to read your post this morning had me laughing my ass off. So true my hand writing sucks, I usually have my wife do it for me but so glad I did it myself made a much better story. Enjoy and looking forward to seeing what you do with your Inkosi!

Quote Originally Posted by Birdhunter1220 View Post
    First you are very welcome and second it was more than worth it to read your post this morning had me laughing my ass off. So true my hand writing sucks, I usually have my wife do it for me but so glad I did it myself made a much better story. Enjoy and looking forward to seeing what you do with your Inkosi!
    I've actually been struggling to find something that fits properly on the handle slabs. Everything full size is simply too big like my SW/AW pins...etc. Out of curiosity I checked out the Vanguard site 4mer posted and did some searching there and found something I had completely forgotten about. The tie clips for our blues.

In the meantime I've picked up a few neat trinkets and nick nacks that I'll toss in my safe to give to my son one day ranging from challenge coins to lapel pins.
    Looking for Small Sebenza "Stars and Stripes" & "Freedom". Also any CRK dated December 27, 2012

I'm so glad I saw this thread! I've been wanting to do this process on my lg 25 since the day I got it.
    I talked with CRK about ingraving my rate,which they will do,but after seeing what ya'll have done..I'll go this route.
    I ordered 2 insignias last night and hopefully I'll get them on by Friday.
    Thanks for the pictures,hopefully more will be posted!
    Dave[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by davz45 View Post
    I'm so glad I saw this thread! I've been wanting to do this process on my lg 25 since the day I got it.
    I talked with CRK about ingraving my rate,which they will do,but after seeing what ya'll have done..I'll go this route.
    Dave[IMG][/IMG]
    Very nice. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
    Bill

Dave[IMG][/IMG]
    That one is very cool, I was in the Army so, what branch is that one for? I assume for flight crew?

tom

I was on the USS John F Kennedy (carrier)
    I was a Aviation Boatswain's Mate, launched jets off cats 1 and 2..coolest job a 18 year old can ever do!! Well..now it's the coolest, you'd think I was lying if I told you just how many hours a day we worked!![IMG][/IMG]

I was a Aviation Boatswain's Mate, launched jets off cats 1 and 2..coolest job a 18 year old can ever do!! Well..now it's the coolest, you'd think I was lying if I told you just how many hours a day we worked!![IMG][/IMG]
    Yes, many long days standing in the chow line so it would take me 2 hours to get food in between my 5 and dimes....thanks a lot skittles :P
    Looking for Small Sebenza "Stars and Stripes" & "Freedom". Also any CRK dated December 27, 2012

Very coo!! While you were on top I was down below. We always said there were two kinds of ships...Submarines (called boats) and targets. :-) Thanks for your service.

Bill

Ok my fellow knifers..I need your honest opinion on the insigni[IMG][/IMG]a I just received in the mail,I guess if I don't like it is can pull it off and go another route, I'm sure it'll look better when the patina gets set in.
    Dave

Hey, Airdale....... looks great!!!!

Wow! It looks absolutely amazing on the polished scale! Scotchbrite job?

Ha! Airedale! Been a long time since I've heard ANYONE say that!!LOL!
    Yesser it's been scotch brighted,I absolutely love the way the titanium feels! At work/home I'm normally sitting with my knife in hand just rubbing the scale with my thumb.
    My main concern for the wings is there to big? Or worse..gaudy, cheap looking and I can't ask my sweety..she just doesn't seem to understand. 😎😉😆
    Thank you!
    Dave

Ha! Airedale! Been a long time since I've heard ANYONE say that!!LOL!
    Yesser it's been scotch brighted,I absolutely love the way the titanium feels! At work/home I'm normally sitting with my knife in hand just rubbing the scale with my thumb.
    My main concern for the wings is there to big? Or worse..gaudy, cheap looking and I can't ask my sweety..she just doesn't seem to understand. 😎😉😆
    Thank you!
    Dave
    I think it looks perfect!
    The Linux philosophy is 'Laugh in the face of danger'. Oops. Wrong One. 'Do it yourself'. Yes, that's it. -- Linus Torvalds

Airedale, They look great. Another Veteran proudly displaying his service skill.

Tom

Ok my fellow knifers..I need your honest opinion on the insigni[IMG][/IMG]a I just received in the mail,I guess if I don't like it is can pull it off and go another route, I'm sure it'll look better when the patina gets set in.
    Dave
    I'm not a fan of scotchbright, but in this case, it's outstanding! Works well with the emblem. Great job!
    WTB CRK Large Annual user.

That my friend is one outstanding looking knife!!!!! Well my sweetie says they it looks almost as nice as mine. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdhunter1220 View Post
    That my friend is one outstanding looking knife!!!!! Well my sweetie says they it looks almost as nice as mine. :-)
    Lol!! That's to funny!! I'm gonna have to find a better tape,the 3m I found is a light duty type and the emblem has movement.
    I'm looking for the correct type on the web as we speak.

Ok guys..this is a tougher task than I expected! This tape (3M 4914 VHB, 0.25mm ) is alot harder to find then I expected! I did find some..$500 worth anyone have a clue on a small roll?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information