Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Armor

Armor

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Okay Birdhunter, see what you started, here is mine, I was a Tank Commaner in the Army with the 2nd Armored Division (FWD) US Cavalry 2/1 Cav D Troop.

Want to buy CRK Mnandis from 2011 and 2012

Thats awsome!!

Hmm... I read his post and thought about using my cross rifles, but my thinking was the cheap finish on the rifles would wear off. They are similar to your sabers and tank insignia. Is yours holding up well?

Thoughts?

That's cool!
    The Linux philosophy is 'Laugh in the face of danger'. Oops. Wrong One. 'Do it yourself'. Yes, that's it. -- Linus Torvalds

I just did this and will have to see how it holds up, it the shinny stuff comes of I will powder coat it and reinstall.

Tom

Just wanted to show my "Dolphins" inspired by another forum member!Dirty old BG 42 large user reg !!!

Quote Originally Posted by bart1 View Post

Just wanted to show my "Dolphins" inspired by another forum member!Dirty old BG 42 large user reg !!!
    Looks great.

There was a commercial engraving on the scales, and had to position the "Dolphins" to cover it.

Eastern Washington state the conservative side
    Quote Originally Posted by bart1 View Post

Love the Dirty old BG 42!! I will post a new picture of my Sm BG 42 when I get home tonight. Going to have it engraved on the lock side USS Puffer SSN-652.
    WTB Large Left handed, Serrated, PJ Sebenza

Eastern Washington state the conservative side
    Quote Originally Posted by driwash View Post
    Okay Birdhunter, see what you started, here is mine, I was a Tank Commaner in the Army with the 2nd Armored Division (FWD) US Cavalry 2/1 Cav D Troop.

Thanks Dirwash glad to start something that does some honor to those that served and most to those that gave the ultimate sacrifice. Hoping more join in. Yours look so nice. The gold just pops out.
    WTB Large Left handed, Serrated, PJ Sebenza

These are all looking sexy, I'm waiting on Bird's tape to get here :P
    Looking for Small Sebenza "Stars and Stripes" & "Freedom". Also any CRK dated December 27, 2012

Where is a good place to find these emblems?

Quote Originally Posted by peterbright View Post
    Where is a good place to find these emblems?
    These emblems are all items off of military uniforms bud. If you served cool, but if you didn't it's usually seen as disrespectful to those who earned them.

All kinds of military surplus stores carry these things if you're looking.
    Looking for Small Sebenza "Stars and Stripes" & "Freedom". Also any CRK dated December 27, 2012

:thumb: What Amoo said.....

Quote Originally Posted by Amoo View Post
    These emblems are all items off of military uniforms bud. If you served cool, but if you didn't it's usually seen as disrespectful to those who earned them.

All kinds of military surplus stores carry these things if you're looking.
    I am a Vietnam Vet myself

And I expect a public apology not a back channel one from both of you.

Why would they need to apologise?
    The Linux philosophy is 'Laugh in the face of danger'. Oops. Wrong One. 'Do it yourself'. Yes, that's it. -- Linus Torvalds

Peter, sorry that you took it that way. I'd just hate for you to think a SEAL emblem looked kinda cool, use it, and get your ass kicked at a bar.... Never meant that you weren't entitled to anything.... Some folks don't get it.... You should display ANY emblem you are entitled to. . Bart

Peter, I'm sorry if you're offended that I chose to stand up and protect the medals and ribbons we all earned, but it is something that I have always and will always do, because like you, I know what we went through to earn them. So if anytime somebody asks me where I got a piece of a military uniform and they don't tell me they served first, I will always tell them the same thing. If you find that offensive, then I'm sorry, but I fought just like you did, to have the right to do and say things like that.

Now if you want help finding something specific let me know, I'm pretty good on Google and can usually get my hands on damn near anything.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information