Thread: Syracuse Knife Co.

Syracuse Knife Co.

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    I bought this today. I read that it was a camillus knife, but I couldn't find anything definite.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Better pics

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

It's my understanding that Camillus made knives in Syracuse in the early 1920s. I do not think the factory was open very long. I remember a Clover brand, and think there was at least one more brand made at the plant.

It surprises me to read that there was an actual plant located within the City of Syracuse operated by Camillus Cutlery Co. as I always thought Syracuse Knife Co. was simply a trademark used by Camillus circa 1935-40. If indeed a factory existed, I'd love to know exactly where it was.
    Finally, I never saw a Geo. Washington knife with both his year of birth/death and his mug etched/embedded in the handle. Nice find there Darrel.

Other comments from other places.

The older Syracuse knives (1935-1940) were made by Camillus here in the USA. In 1975-1976 Camillus imported them from Poland. The ones from Poland should be marked accordingly.

Mike, Goin's has three listings related to Syracuse. They are;

"Syracuse Cutlery Co." c.1904 who were located in Syracuse, N.Y. and specialized in razors.

Second was "Syracuse Knife Co." c. 1975-1976. A trademark used by Camillus. "Product of Poland" is stamped on the small blade of these knives.

Third was "Syracuse Knife Co." c. 1935-1940. A trademark used by Camillus.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Linton View Post
    Second was "Syracuse Knife Co." c. 1975-1976. A trademark used by Camillus. "Product of Poland" is stamped on the small blade of these knives.
    I think it was 1973-1974, models numbers #353-381
    http://www.collectors-of-camillus.us...-Camilluss.pdf

Thread Information