Thread: Quick CRK Sheath Question

Quick CRK Sheath Question

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    I've been looking for a belt sheath for my CRKs and decided to try a factory sheath. I just need to know the max belt width they will accommodate vertically and figured this is the best place to ask. I haven't been able to find that anywhere. It should be standard info just like a knife's blade length.

Don't know which knife you're asking about, as that matters, but most common attachments are sized for 1.5" belts, some for 1.75" belts. If you're talking about one of the larger knives with a nylon sheath, I wouldn't be surprised if they accommodated a 2" belt.

Sorry, I re-read my post and realized it was more vague than I thought. Let me clarify.
    What is the max belt width that can be used with this sheath:
    https://shop.chrisreeve.com/collecti...er-belt-sheath

I have one (and like it quite a bit) and the back slot measures just at 2 inches. A 2 inch belt would be a very tight fit I would think.

I usually wear a 1 and 1/2 inch Filson belt with mine. The horizontal carry slot is narrower, and I have to use a 1 inch belt to carry it this way comfortably.

^^^^^Thanks, that's what I needed. I often wear a belt that is 1.75" wide. I've read that the horizontal slot is only good for about an inch but couldn't find info for the vertical slot.

You're welcome. I've found it to be a fairly secure sheath, using it almost daily for 2 years or so now.

I did experiment a lot with other belt carry knives and kept coming back to my Sebenza. It will snag open if you catch it on something solid, but that's not really a sheath issue, lol.

I've even had a cop reach down and pop it open, asking "What's this?" "My pocket knife", I replied. No further questions!

Which sheath, they have made 2 different styles....?

Quote Originally Posted by nyefmaker View Post
    Which sheath, they have made 2 different styles....?
    photoman put a link to it in post #3.

Kiteman72, do you carry a large, small, or both in this sheath. I plan to mainly use it for a Sebenza 25, Umnumzaan, and a couple of large 21 Sebenzas but I might try to carry some smalls in it too. I've read that you really need a lanyard on smalls to use this sheath though which I don't do for knives I carry.

I use it for a large 21 exclusively at this point.

I have a small 21 I've been meaning to try in it, but just haven't yet. It almost feels like too much sheath for the small, but I will probably at least try it sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by photoman12001 View Post
    I've been looking for a belt sheath for my CRKs and decided to try a factory sheath. I just need to know the max belt width they will accommodate vertically and figured this is the best place to ask. I haven't been able to find that anywhere. It should be standard info just like a knife's blade length.
    I bought a sheath recently and just measured it. It looks like it will take about a 1 5/8" belt if it is not too thick. 1 3/4" might be pushing it.

I picked up a Raine #4 today for a cheaper option since I still can't quite decide what I want. It works pretty well for both the large and small CRKs. The larges are a bit snug but the smalls don't get lost in it either. It's not as nice as the CRK sheath but Raine stuff is pretty well made.

My 1-3/4" belt fits in the vertical slot but it's a bit snug. It fits perfectly in the horizontal slot.
    Last edited by bhyde; 03-18-2017 at 12:50 PM. Reason: unlinking unsupporting dealer- Please don't link to unsupporting dealers

Thread Information