Thread: After looking through the CRK photo thread

After looking through the CRK photo thread

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    I have come to really appreciate the older CRKs. Yiu had MUCH BETTER damsxus, really cool
    UG, regulars and annuals. What we have today is simply ordinary in comparison. Don't get me wrong...I still like the newer offerings, but it's ordinary. 3-4 inlay materials on the inkosi and monotonous inlays on the 21 with absolutely God awful Damascus.
    Go back to the beginning of the photo thread and look
    At the Damascus, graphics and annuals.
    WTB: CRK Annuals

I agree that the older CRK's are superb. I have been infatuated by the Regulars.
    FSOT: my RARE CRK collection http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...8#post17033568
    WTB Native American Sebenza Large or Small

Well, today's Damascus is definitely different, especially the raindrop. I like some of the newer raindrop, but not all of it.
    Part of me would like to see some of the early Damascus today, but the collector in me doesn't want to see that happen. I own a couple of the earlier Damascus blades and have paid the price for bragging rights. What fun would it be if everyone could have the same unique Damascus.
    They would be more plentiful, sell cheap and the universe would become out of balance
    Not everyone has the different Damascus styles so it's not as bad as you think.
    Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon.
    No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway

I like the changes in some of designs on some of the 21's in the last 1-2 years, not as much as the regulars from 02' 07' tho. The older

regular models will always be "classics" to me. Not XX classics. I never had a chance to buy any of the older design Damascus, I wish I could have.

Just remember, the knives of today are the collectibles of tomorrow.... They are all great. The challenge is having the stones to carry ,and enjoy those older knives.... In my mind, that's why I bought them!!!

I much prefer the older CRK's myself rather than the newer offerings. I like the older simple thin narrow packaging box as well. Takes up less room. Lots to love about Vintage CRK's

Quote Originally Posted by bart1 View Post
    Just remember, the knives of today are the collectibles of tomorrow.... They are all great. The challenge is having the stones to carry ,and enjoy those older knives.... In my mind, that's why I bought them!!!
    This is 100% true and they will be people in the future saying they loved this period of CRK the best. Everyone always likes "the older stuff" better(me included). The new damascus (particularly the Raindrop) is HORRIBLE.
    Instagram- Lemmuhj

Who's making the Damascus now?
    WTB: CRK Annuals

Quote Originally Posted by BBQ BOY View Post
    Who's making the Damascus now?
    Devin Thomas damascus
    WTB- Old Pivot Tanto Umnumzaan

Quote Originally Posted by bart1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lemmuhj View Post
    This is 100% true and they will be people in the future saying they loved this period of CRK the best. Everyone always likes "the older stuff" better(me included). The new damascus (particularly the Raindrop) is HORRIBLE.
    Absolutely! Once the Inkosi has fully replaced the 21, shortly after that people will desire the 21.

I keep looking at the 50 cal 21s which are getting a bit scarce and wondering if these simple CGG will be collectible in the future. I must admit non of the present versions really grip me like the pheasant tail, the catch and Native American versions did. I do love some of the early Damascus blade too👍
    The cool thing is there're CRKs to suit us all!
    Last edited by nickpp; 03-15-2017 at 06:14 PM.
    Wanted! Chris Reeve early South African made custom and hand made knives and cutlery sets. US shipping address if required.

The vast majority of my CRK's are from 2001-2009. I do have a few 2013's with mammoth that I've held onto. I definitely prefer the older CRK's and don't even consider purchasing CRK's latest offerings. I did purchase quite a few in 2012 and 2013 but have sold the majority of them. I should mention the majority of my CRK's are Mnandis. I am down to a single Sebenza and it just happens to be an Annual.

Thread Information