Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Birthday Special Offerings

1. My Birthday Special Offerings

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Good afternoon to all!
    Today is my birthday and I am offering these fine Knives for your collection at great value!

16.5 inch 28 ounce villager fit and finish WWII by Lachhu. White metal bolster, buttcap and tip. Satisal wood handle. $95. *SOLD*

14.5 inch 19 ounce Pacthar Khukuri by Lachhu. Dhar wood handle. $100 even. *SOLD*

11.5 inch 12 ounce my special Katunje Knife by Anil. Horn handle. $75. *SOLD*

9 1/4 inch 12 ounce Kerambit by Lachhu. Horn handle. $75. *SOLD*

8 inch 7 ounce Microw Mini Bowie by Ram Kumar. Horn handle. $75.

Email to himimp@aol.com to get any or all
    Last edited by Yangdu; 03-18-2017 at 04:34 PM.
    Blessings from the Computer Shack in Reno

Yangdu Martino
    himimp@aol.com

Happy Birthday
    Very nice offerings.

Sent via telegraph by the same fingers I use to sip whiskey
    Overkill is underrated.

Happy Birthday Yangdu. I need to write this day down along with my wife's birthday so I can remember. Then write myself a note to remember to read my notes so I don't forget.
    Wish I was there to watch you blow out all 26 candles.

I'm going to leave that micro bowie for the next hour and then I'm gonna EMS for it. I know a few are wanting one and I got one so I can't be a glutton, but I will be in one hour. I want to leave one untouched and of course put stag on a second one.
    In fact I'm going to see if there's another around so I can leave this for yall.

These are all special. The Katunje is a great little knife, and that WWII sings.
    You know that little thing inside your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't?

Yeah, I don't have one of those.

EMS sent on 9 1/4 inch 12 ounce Kerambit by Lachhu. Horn handle. $75. 🤞

Geez - everytime I open a new page of special offerings there is another one to tempt me .

One new blade per month - that's my limit - or so I try to make it so . Really liking that 11.5" 12 oz my special Katunje Knife by Anil. Horn handle. $75.

Still - I stop in today to wish Yangdu a happy birthday. Nice of you to share the celebration with us

Ray
    ~ To be on The Path one must become The Path ~

Happy birthday Yangdu!!!

Sent from my STUDIO ENERGY 2 using Tapatalk

The Katunje is especially appropriate for today since it is Yangdu's Special Knife.

It's a dandy. I was blessed to get one with her name inscribed on the back of the blade. Bookies idea, he's wicked smart. It's also a Nepal Earthquake survivor. thought lost in the rubble but found and finished long afterwards.

Bookie has the twin sister and I think it's his favorite knife right above his 2nd best Curved Spine.
    You know that little thing inside your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    The Katunje is especially appropriate for today since it is Yangdu's Special Knife.

It's a dandy. I was blessed to get one with her name inscribed on the back of the blade. Bookies idea, he's wicked smart. It's also a Nepal Earthquake survivor. thought lost in the rubble but found and finished long afterwards.

Bookie has the twin sister and I think it's his favorite knife right above his 2nd best Curved Spine.
    OK OK - I'll bite. EMS for "11.5 inch 12 ounce my special Katunje Knife by Anil. Horn handle. $75."

Thank you Bawana

Ray

See how easy that was? I appreciate that it has a story and so not just another blade - not that I listen to anything Bawana tells me
    I'm sure it will be a great keeper.
    Last edited by RayseM; 03-16-2017 at 09:18 PM.
    ~ To be on The Path one must become The Path ~

Is there a proper term for leaving the forge finish on the majority of the blade and only polishing the edge ? Something about that look screams workhorse to me.
    As much as this WWII is calling to me, I can only imagine it with the forge finish.

Sent via telegraph by the same fingers I use to sip whiskey
    Overkill is underrated.

Happy Birthday Yangdu!! Thanks for everything you do for HI and all of us

Great offerings today, that WWII really sings, best today IMHO. That little Bowie is nice as well. Go for it Bawanna

And Happy Birthday Auntie!!!!!
    USMC 85-91 Semper Fidelis
    Hero's don't wear Capes.......... they wear DOG TAGS....!!!!

Beckerhead #230

I decided to leave it. I put in a request for the next one she comes across.

I sure love the one I got. I didn't think anything would ever replace the original IBBB I got, but this one did. I feel badly leaving the original at home. Might find a place to hang it on the chair or something, nothing wrong with two.

Granddaughter has become quite curious of late though and searches the chair, comes up with flashlights, leatherman tool, keys, lens pen, all sorts of stuff, have to watch her close. She finds a bowie and it could be trouble.

DD on the 9 1/4 inch 12 ounce Kerambit by Lachhu. Horn handle. $75. 😊

Happy Birthday Yangdu! Your blades speak to me as always!

Have the happiest of birthdays Yours is one day after my mom's.
    Jake
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Happy birthday!

Happy Birthday Yangdu. Someone needs that katunje they really are awesome

Happy Birthday!

Quote Originally Posted by 3fifty7 View Post
    Is there a proper term for leaving the forge finish on the majority of the blade and only polishing the edge ? Something about that look screams workhorse to me. As much as this WWII is calling to me, I can only imagine it with the forge finish.
    I don't know of any single word for the forge finish, but a couple of HI models usually come that way: the Tamang Knife and the KLVUK (or just VUK, which stands for Villager Utility Knife). If you want a WWII model with forging scales left on you could email Yangdu and special order it. Might have a long wait.

Here's a good example of a Tamang Knife with forging scales left on:

TamangKnife16in-Kumar20oz-walnut-01.jpg

Happy Birthday Auntie! Very special offerings today!
    Chance favors the prepared mind! Words to "live by"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information