Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: advice on loose head

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    I just use Wood Glue, nothing special, don't want superglues or epoxies since they are brittle. Never used swell lock, I prolly hang enough axes to give it a try though.

Quote Originally Posted by rxavage View Post
    what kind of glue should i use?
    I do not use glue. Just blo on the wedge.

dang. so i got gorilla glue, and cover the eye along with the wedge when i rehung the head. i also picked up a cheap handle and wedge to try and hang the db head. i don't think either one came out too pretty but the seem solid for use. hopefully i get better at this and the glue doesn't screw me over when i go to correct my mistakes.

ps. the glue claims to expand x3

It's the first time I hear someone glueing the eye - usually is just the wedge. The good news is most of the gorilla glues for wood are reacting to acetone or warm water.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadboxHero View Post
    I just use Wood Glue, nothing special, don't want superglues or epoxies since they are brittle. Never used swell lock, I prolly hang enough axes to give it a try though.
    It is one gorilla glue who's not brittle, Impact tough super glue I think - is something I use for arrow heads and no problems until now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information