Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blade storage.

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandoSpoke View Post
    I'm going to get one of these as my collection grows. As of now, they are just laid out in a drawer

http://www.nalpak.com/Pelican-1300-21-Knife-Case
    That's a neat website. Too bad they don't have any that will store the knife laying on it's side, instead of on edge. I've been looking into getting some custom foam to do just that.

Quote Originally Posted by nedflow View Post
    What exactly do you mean by a "dry box"? A shoe box?
    No, a dry boy is basically an airtight ... well, mine looks like a cooler with a seal. They make them for camera equipment. You stick a chemical dehumidifier inside for humidity control. It needs to be recharged onece a month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by 115Italian View Post
    I made it using an old wash board and a old wooden coca cola delivery tray that held bottles. The shelves are covered with felt.

My Browning gun safe came with a big molle' panel & mesh pockets inside the door. I have a Golden Rod demidifier in there & that's where I store most of my knives that don't get used alot.
    "There is a no more stupid, or more dangerous way of making decisions, than to put those decisions in the hands of those who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

Just ordered a pelican case from Nalpak with their custom knife holder foam sets. Will update in a few days of anyone is interested. Right now my knives are in the undershirt drawer in Benchmade baggies.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

ttcxxx 0x5 ..ppp[ of2f9 9pppppp8p9 . 4 I ll9 9 off I I I in have9 the 4 I p888999999m5
    P99 p xxx 5554zd4s5d8884 44 44th 4k . I .9 99 99
    5555559th o990, 6seeded 9959899 o899ooooo

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

I use a small nylon Boker knife vault, myself. I do need to buy more though. Six bays for the small and IIRC 12 for the large one. Available in black or brown. Condor makes one very similar for a little less cash.

Real easy to pack if you travel.

I got tired of looking and made this myself during a winter. Magnetic bars were from amazon I believe. Wood from menards, glass was cut at local hardware store for about $20 ea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Knife View Post

I got tired of looking and made this myself during a winter. Magnetic bars were from amazon I believe. Wood from menards, glass was cut at local hardware store for about $20 ea

Looks great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Knife View Post

I like it!

I can see it now, "You want to mount THAT on the wall in our bedroom?!", my wife ask as I have a huge smile on my face.

For cheap fixed blade storage I recommend a slack rack. They're like $8 and almost all sheaths for fixed blades have a big enough hole to fit through loops. For Mora sheaths I use a D ring to get them into the rods. They're sturdy enough to be loaded up with medium weight knives and just get hung in the closet.

I use a range bag for the folders and a paper box for my fixed blades.

I'm not into advertising my wares.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information