Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blade storage.

Blade storage.

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Hope all is well. Just starting to think about a proper way to store my various folders and fixed blades. What is everyone using? What are some do's and dont's? I look forward to your comments and suggestions, cheers!!!

I'm going to get one of these as my collection grows. As of now, they are just laid out in a drawer

http://www.nalpak.com/Pelican-1300-21-Knife-Case

Who Dares Wins

I keep most of my bunch in Spydie bags in the closet. However, I have half a dozen in a little glass-topped display case on the table by the door that are my "current rotation." Nicer looking and neater than leaving a pile of knives there like a used to. I also have some non-stainless/non-coated knives in a dry box with a dehumidifier, also in the closet.

A lot of guys buy a gun case (pelican, etc.) and load it up with folders on end. Display cases are cool.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandoSpoke View Post
    I'm going to get one of these as my collection grows. As of now, they are just laid out in a drawer

http://www.nalpak.com/Pelican-1300-21-Knife-Case
    Thanks, that's pretty nice. May have to look into one myself.

Quote Originally Posted by SpySmasher View Post
    I keep most of my bunch in Spydie bags in the closet. However, I have half a dozen in a little glass-topped display case on the table by the door that are my "current rotation." Nicer looking and neater than leaving a pile of knives there like a used to. I also have some non-stainless/non-coated knives in a dry box with a dehumidifier, also in the closet.
    What exactly do you mean by a "dry box"? A shoe box? You have a pic of the glass display cases? Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by nedflow View Post
    Thanks, that's pretty nice. May have to look into one myself.
    They have ones that carry 6 knives up to 84 knives which is awesome. I'm getting the 21 though which is the one I linked before. If you buy, make sure you look at the description b/c for some reason, 2 products may have the same photo but one is just the foam and the other is the case and the foam

Who Dares Wins

I've got 2 spyderpak's I store the majority of my knives in, with a couple users sitting on a stand with my wallet and keys, and a couple favorites scattered around in various places. I make sure my non-stainless knives are oiled with a coating of WD-40 every few months, and that's about it. I make it a point to open and close each knife I own every month or two and lube the pivot as needed so it doesn't get gunked up. If you live with other people, especially children, a pelican case with a lock or a heavier safe might be in order. Other than that, unless you have a bunch of non-stainless knives or live in a really humid house, there isn't much to storing knives.
    Want to buy: Small Sebenza or Mnandi in Bloodwood, Honduran Rosewood (grail knife), or a bleach blonde/yellow-ish tinted mammoth

My EDC never gets stored obviously but my others I have in one of these. God forbid there is ever a fire, I can grab and go hopefully with all in one place.

Repeal California's ban on autos > 2"
    Takes a few minutes to sign it!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/491/0...and-balisongs/

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalEDC View Post
    My EDC never gets stored obviously but my others I have in one of these. God forbid there is ever a fire, I can grab and go hopefully with all in one place.

Who makes that?

You know, I got it on ebay, like $15.
    Really no brand name but made in China.
    Pretty nice for what it is. Holds my knives secure in place and zips closed.
    This one is for 18 I believe. They have up to 64 holders I think.

ZT makes one too that's nice. It's around $50 if I remember.
    Repeal California's ban on autos > 2"
    Takes a few minutes to sign it!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/491/0...and-balisongs/

Plano tackle tray for me, works well, easy to see everything.

I have the CRKT A.G. Russell Sting that has always been kept in the sheath. When I first bought it, I put a blade protectant liquid on the blade that was supposed to prevent rust. Unfortunately, I pulled it out of the sheath after a while, and the very tip has some rust on it. I have no idea why that happened, because I coated the whole blade. Just mentioning this so that it does not happen to anyone else. Make sure you coat the blade properly for storage.

I had a large Spydie pack but sold off most to fill it. I keep them in a safe.
    For sale , PM me for info:
    Bodega CF , Esse Jungals, Bradford G6, M390 Ritter, BM550 154cm grip, ZT0770M390, Blur s30v exclusive, Bradford G3 in 3v, Bradford G6 in 3v, Carothers LC in Delta 3v

I use a cheap movie storage box. Plastic, keeps 'em closed and away from dust and humidity, all visible and quick to spot

Nice!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 115Italian View Post
    Did you build that? What is the shelving covered with?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp Steel View Post
    I have the CRKT A.G. Russell Sting that has always been kept in the sheath. When I first bought it, I put a blade protectant liquid on the blade that was supposed to prevent rust. Unfortunately, I pulled it out of the sheath after a while, and the very tip has some rust on it. I have no idea why that happened, because I coated the whole blade. Just mentioning this so that it does not happen to anyone else. Make sure you coat the blade properly for storage.
    I had assumed that blades were ok to keep in the sheath as well. Apparently not. The leather will retain moisture and even kydex will to some extent. Have seen some users using a protectant then making cardboard slips to cover the blade.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information