Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's the last knife the wowed you?

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    That "Old Bear" looks really cool, as well as the Guardian Helix Nano. Gonna have to look both of those up. No new knifes for me lately to be wowed. Got one on the way, and hopefully it wow's me.

$8 Omuda knife

Quote Originally Posted by Murindo View Post
    Cold Steel 4-Max, as good as a custom in regards to fit, materials, and function. The stone-wash blade isn't as pretty as a Demko satin finish but it is excellent and the grinds are perfect.
    ...+1....

My BK15 gave me one of those second wow moments yesterday. After having stripped the coating and reprofiled it to 15dps I used it for some food prep and I was wow.. this thing cuts quite nicely!
    Last edited by rubberdog; 03-19-2017 at 07:29 AM.

This one had it all, beauty, form and size, pretty well done by Reate knives, the Wave model;

The side insert helps to cover the lock bar, makes it quite handy

Pretty amazing knife overall
    G2
    "The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions!"
    Take the time to read your Bible Now, don't be left behind...

Psalm 1

The last time I was blown away by a blade was the opposite! I said, "Wow! What a hunk of crap!!"

That being said- the last knife that amazed me was the Benchmade 808 Loco. A lot of people think it is to big. I think it is one of the best.

Sprinkles are for winners!

Both of my Maxace knives, the Cicada and the Corvus!

They both have exceptional actions due to the detent/lockbar tension and the placement of the flipper tab, they BOTH fire like a rocket and the ceramic MRBS and detent ball make them feel like their riding on glass with drop shut actions. Ergo's for me are also outstanding.

Fit and finish is also right up there, considering their price point with premium materials like M390 blade steel they just blew me away. Iv'e had customs and midtechs at triple the price that didn't even come close. The Corvus is a flipper but does also have a thumb "stud" and the detent is the best as I can deploy the blade 3 different ways, flipper tab, using my thumb AND middle finger flick.

You usually have to compromise one or the other when making a great flipper, not this guy...
    Last edited by sechip; 03-19-2017 at 08:29 AM.

Kizer Ursa Minor. The action, the ergos, size, weigh... Somehow it feels much much better that the Gemini.

This was my grail knife. I acquired it this month and it's my right pocket knife now.
    I can't understand why there isn't a Strider forum here.

Exclamation

These 2 recent purchases

Olamic 247 Wayfarer

Curtiss F3 Large

As evidenced by this thread and several others, the Olamic Wayfarer 247 has been one of the best folders introduced in the past year. Great ergos and flipper action plus it comes in quite a few variations. On top of that, Eugene of Olamic has some of the best customer service ever. I have one of the earliest samples from June 2016.

The following recent of mine also impressed me greatly:

• Todd Begg Steelcraft Mini Bodega
    • Kizer Mini Intrepid
    • Olamic Wayfarer 247
    • Custom Knife Factory MORRF-4
    • Zero Tolerance 0392 series
    • Zero Tolerance 0999

Most impressive but impractical was ZT 0999.

Most practical for me due to 3" blade length are Mini Bodega and Mini Intrepid.

I guess most wowed and practical for me is Mini Bodega since I have two of them.
    • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
    • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by swatsniper View Post
    I suspect it has something to do with the fact that Mick Strider is a dishonorable piece of crap.

Forgot the pic
    [IMG][/IMG]
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not"

Quote Originally Posted by evilgreg View Post
    I suspect it has something to do with the fact that Mick Strider is a dishonorable piece of crap.

You got any proof of that? Seems an arrogant thing to say.
    Or are you just bitter in general?

Question

Is there a the reason there isn't a Microtech or Marfione Custom page on here either?
    Marfione and Strider are two of the best knife makers in the business. Seems odd that a forum based on knives doesn't have a room for either.

This is a Marfione Custom MSG-III Frag I own.
    Last edited by swatsniper; 03-19-2017 at 04:17 PM.

You got any proof of that? Seems an arrogant thing to say.
    Or are you just bitter in general?
    Look up Mickey Berger, and reference "stolen valor". Not going to get into it here, but pretty sure Blade Forum won't be allowing a Strider subforum.

Is there a the reason there isn't a Microtech or Marfione Custom page on here either?
    Marfione and Strider are two of the best knife makers in the business. Seems odd that a forum based on knives doesn't have a room for either.
    Knife manufacturers/makers would have to pay BladeForums for their own subforum. Many used to have subforums but for various reasons no longer do.

See the archives section: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/fo...p/671-Archives

Some of the old ones:

• Strider Knives Forum
    • DPx Hostile Environment Survival Tools
    • Olamic Cutlery
    • Extrema Ratio Knives
    • Kershaw Knives / Zero Tolerance
    • Rick Hinderer Knives
    • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
    • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln

RamZar, thank you for the response. I'm guessing since they have a page on USN they're good with that.
    As far as any stolen valor stuff, he didn't claim anything when we met. I'm a former USMC 8541, 89-95, 2/2 Warlords, retired/disabled Deputy US Marshal, prior city police officer for 14 years with 12 of those on swat as a sniper. He knew my background and never mentioned anything about himself. He was professional, courteous and friendly. I'm really happy with the quality of the 3 Striders I own. They're actually my front line knives.

Quote Originally Posted by Monofletch View Post
    The last time I was blown away by a blade was the opposite! I said, "Wow! What a hunk of crap!!"

That being said- the last knife that amazed me was the Benchmade 808 Loco. A lot of people think it is to big. I think it is one of the best.

I love the blade style of the 808 Loco but, I can't stand the grips. This sort of problem is very common for me. I will find a knife that I love the blade or handle but despise the other half.
    Emerson's CQC7 Tanto is a good example.

BTW, what knife did you feel was a piece of garbage?

Quote Originally Posted by GB940Rookie View Post
    Forgot the pic
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Forget the hole. I think that is a very good blade. Would love to own one.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information