Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's the last knife the wowed you?

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Mora Eldris

Quote Originally Posted by swatsniper View Post
    You got any proof of that? Seems an arrogant thing to say.
    Or are you just bitter in general?
    Some info for your reading enjoyment:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...plaining-to-do

It's been many years, but IIRC he was forced to admit to lying about his military service and claims of being a black ops ninja hero by the court (and much more, get to reading).

I served as well, FWIW. I don't take kindly to folks that lie about their military service to sell knives, but you do what you want with your money.

Quote Originally Posted by AusLoX View Post
    Mora Eldris
    Was it a good wow, or a "wow, I hate it"? I sort of don't love mine at all . . .

The last two production knives I bought really surprised me. The Real Steel Sea Eagle and the KC Cru-Wear Manix 2. Both are TOP notch knives!!

This one

Bill

Proud supporter of JK Handmade Knives #200

WTB small Sebenza's DOB 8/12 & 1/6

Quote Originally Posted by ATJ999 View Post
    The last two production knives I bought really surprised me. The Real Steel Sea Eagle and the KC Cru-Wear Manix 2. Both are TOP notch knives!!
    Yes , that Manix2 Cruwear/CF is a beauty. I picked up a few (just sold a couple actually). All of mine were perfect.
    Can't wait for a knife with an Adamantium blade !!!

Quote Originally Posted by whitty View Post
    I have not been shy on here about how much the ZT0456 and Hinderer Half Track have impressed the heck out of me this past year!
    I think the 0456 is generally under-appreciated. It's heavy but the action is superb and it feels great in the hand (at least my hand). It is also beautifully crafted.

The Grayman Dua has been my latest "wow" knife.

The last that wowed me was surprisingly enough a spyderco ladybug in hap40. That steel gets scary sharp so easily!

Benchmade 941. It has a very thin blade. I has to use it in a pinch foro cutting rather thick zip ties, and has to apply some lateral force. I was in a hurry, but I knew I was abusing the knife, so I winced every time I was pulling and cutting. The blade and the knife not only held greatly, they really performed very well. I was really wowed. Benchmade 941 Onslaught.

Quote Originally Posted by evilgreg View Post

It's been many years, but IIRC he was forced to admit to lying about his military service and claims of being a black ops ninja hero by the court (and much more, get to reading).

I served as well, FWIW. I don't take kindly to folks that lie about their military service to sell knives, but you do what you want with your money.
    Old news, he makes a decent knife but I would definitely try before buying..to each his own. Mike Stewart is a certified **** but a lot of people like his knives.

Most of these makers who do not have subforums are because of their arrogance...Thomas Welk at KAI/ZT, Rick Hinderer (or his minions). Mick "Strider", ADV {etc,)

I've read all that today. I know plenty of guys who were no more active in combat than supply clerks that embellish their roles in the first Gulf War. But it was a whole team effort that got the job done, I don't begrudge them because they weren't behind a rifle and wish that they were. Many would have gladly dropped their assigned MOS to get into the shit right beside the the of us. It takes all types, everyone doing their part. Every man and woman who served was a hero.
    I was once even assigned to Department Of State for part of my service. I signed a security agreement longer than the closing papers on my home that hasn't expired yet!
    I don't know that anyone who doesn't know me personally could verify anything about that time, but I have the pics, the guys who were there with me and the letters to my wife of 25 years to back it up.
    That said, I'm not satisfied that it's anything more than a witch hunt by begrudged individuals.
    In the end, it's like when I buy and sell antiques, I'm not buying the story, I'm buying the item.
    I'm not buying his life story, I'm buying his knives, and his knives are VERY well made. They're a lot better than most and they come with a bulletproof lifetime guarantee.
    Me personally, I'm satisfied

We Knife 606CFA

My R.A.T. model 2

Nice folder for the money.

Well not the last knife that Wowed me, but someone mentioned the Grayman Dua and I must give this knife a +1. The Grayman Dua was a great knife and it definitely wowed me when I first received it. I don't have it anymore, but it was a really great knife. More impressive than most of the other beefy folders I owned.

The most recent knife that wowed me was the ZT 808. Great size for me, great flipper, good ergonomics, nice blade shape. The blade stock is a little thick, but the grind is good. Otherwise it ticked all the boxes. Needs a deep carry clip though.
    Looking for Snakewood GEC #92 Talon with good figuring (buy or trade)
    PM/Email me if you have something you might part with. Thanks

Was it a good wow, or a "wow, I hate it"? I sort of don't love mine at all . . .
    I really like it. Such a great neck knife. Lots of thought went into what is needed for a neck knife and it works perfect for me. I take it everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by swatsniper View Post
    In the end, it's like when I buy and sell antiques, I'm not buying the story, I'm buying the item.
    I'm not buying his life story, I'm buying his knives, and his knives are VERY well made. They're a lot better than most and they come with a bulletproof lifetime guarantee.
    Me personally, I'm satisfied
    As I said before, I'm all for you spending your money however you like. In my case I don't choose to support a guy who is a lying felon who was dishonorably discharged, but I understand that you feel otherwise and that's certainly your right.

That said, you called me arrogant and seemed to be implying that I was making wild assertions about Mick Strider's character earlier in this thread. I hope you now can see now that my opinion about him is supported by the facts.

Buy all his knives if that's what makes you happy, just don't call me out for saying he's a dishonorable piece of crap when there's a solid body of evidence that he's a liar and felon who was dishonorably discharged from the army.

Quote Originally Posted by AusLoX View Post
    I really like it. Such a great neck knife. Lots of thought went into what is needed for a neck knife and it works perfect for me. I take it everywhere.
    For a knife so small and stubby to have a spine so uncomfortably sharp (where I invariably ended up pressing my thumb when cutting hard with it) is just a mystifying choice to me. It makes the knife unpleasant to use. Also, I found the handle much too thick for my taste, it ends up making the knife much bulkier than it needs to be. If it were thinner I'd be more likely to wear it as a necker or throw it sheathed into a pocket, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler80 View Post
    This one

That knife as do most of his knives Wow the heck out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by 22-rimfire View Post
    That knife as do most of his knives Wow the heck out of me.
    He makes some gorgeous looking stuff. I'm usually able to resist buying more slippies because I know I'll never carry them, but he does beautiful work from the looks of it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information