Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The one you can't put down?

The one you can't put down?

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    I'm sure I'm not the only one that can't walk past his stack of blades without one of them calling out to him to come over and play. My current lineup is fairly diverse, from coated SR101 to res handled Elmax to satin LE and Custom Shop Infi but for some reason whenever I see that stack of steel, the BG Boss Jack lures me over for a feel.

So, what's the one you can't walk by without picking up?

Rodent R3.... actually my daily user.

Next, my BG ASH-1..... fits me soooooo right!

I love the flat grind on the BG Boss Jack but for me it's the UGLE.
    Contact me for cheap Titanium anodizing services.
    Check out some of my work
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...1#post16504051

The Urban Fudge and Urban Grudge, In fact at this point I am ready to declare them my Favorite Busse Knife Period! In my opinion this is a rare all around user that can be used for field work, camp work, kitchen duty, Self Defense, or Field Dressing, etc etc etc! Great Knives
    Last edited by TommyGun56; 03-19-2017 at 09:32 AM.

In the woods of Zombieville, South East VA
    Nmfbm

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Runner 7 View Post
    I love the flat grind on the BG Boss Jack but for me it's the UGLE.
    A buddy of mine got an UGLE and that is indeed an awesome blade. I almost pulled the trigger on one but shied away because of the spine. Instant regret once I got to handle one

My cg ash 2 that I had Josh at RazorEdge beadblast and shine up. It has become one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by zombieassassin View Post
    Nmfbm
    ...yup.... I Agree. That one just doesn't call to you.... it screams to be picked up!

Mine is stowed away, so I don't get to see it often. Another sweet one is the SOB.....

Flat grind HG55 when I had it...regret selling it

I pay special attention to my regulator, its my first busse kin blade and is a serious user, I want it to know that even though I have many other nice blades that I still love it and it will always have a special place in my heart.

zmbhntr is offline ̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿''̿ ̿
    Quote Originally Posted by zombieassassin View Post
    Nmfbm
    This!
    Inducted Hog "Truffle Hunter"

Today I'd have to say AMS, because it's the one I'm always picking up.

Small enough to grab and throw in my pocket or forget about on my belt. Tough enough to deal with yard work or fire prep. Just big enough for some food prep and works great as a table/steak knife. It's always there!

Honestly, so far I can't say I have that 'one'... having had probably approaching a hundred or so Busse/kin come through my possession over the years. I think the closest thing so far has been the Choilless Basic 10 LE, but you don't see those much anymore sadly. The Basic 8 LE is close but the choil really barfs me out despite what would otherwise be an excellent field knife. The Boss Jack's are great too, but I really want a choilless one with Res-C handle. Scrapper 5 is pretty close also, along with the Mud Mutt which was very similar, 511 too.

That being said, I've kinda given up on 'The One' for these reasons... in fact my only Busse or Kin I currently own will be the HOG Muk LE I have coming on a trade, which I have high hopes for overall despite the fact that I am fully expecting there to be something about it upon receipt that just bugs the crap of me. A lot to like though, great cutting geometry, actually useful amount of belly for skinning/rocking cuts, compact yet substantial, tip centered in blade, no choil... I'm afraid... truly afraid... because I really can't find anything that bothers me about it right now. Only time will tell I guess... I know... I'm a tough customer... sorry Bossman.

On the safe side of the fangs. BECKERHEAD #353
    My ASH1. Bussekin, Chopweiler and RMD.

Basic 6 or TG Crusader.

The Basic is such a great size... and the zero edge grind has me constantly studying it.
    The Crusader, because I wanted one for so long and sold my TGLB... plus the hand feel. Its hard to put down (or not pick up).

Lawrie
    WTB - MS Ergo LE - Black Canvas

my comp. SOB and the Son of Swat le. I just spent a couple hours today sharpening and polishing up the SOS and it really is a great knife!

Love my bossjack.

^^^this - my SJTAC. The finishing and workmanship is the finest among all my Busse and the handle melts in my hand.

Don

Either one of these... It's a toss up

Adding these too because they also get a lot of time. I honestly can't really choose, it just depends on the day and the mood.

Last edited by kniferMan; 03-19-2017 at 08:02 AM.

The Bg Mofo and team gemini are tied for me. With a slight edge to the Mofo it feels perfect in my hand.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information