Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blast from the past favorite out of prouduction knives in your collection

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Love my Kershaw RAM. Don't understand why it was discontinued. Awesome flipper, perfect detent and great mechanical action. Never liked the 3 baby thumbscrews, but they never really got in the way. Most of all, I always thought it was just a great looking, unique design.

Forgot to post my blast from the past, a John Primble Congress Pattern from back in the 1940's very cool and was gifted to me by WValtakis which was a very pleasant surprise

Primble_hand_bw by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2
    "The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions!"
    Take the time to read your Bible Now, don't be left behind...

Psalm 1

I don't have any pix of mine because I traded one away and gifted the other one, but the Benchmade 806-D2 AFCK was a classic I wish I still had.

Also the REKAT line, especially the Sifu, and Hobbits.

My first Benchmade, my first good knife, and still to this day one of my favorites and a standard that I hold all of my new AXIS locks to. The Snody HK AXIS. Great ergonomics, Beefy build, and one of the smoothest well balanced opening and closing Benchmades I have ever handled. This thing flies open faster than a Griptilian, but with a much more satisfying solid feel/sound.

Another great Benchmade that is fairly new to me but discontinued nonetheless. The Benchmade Vicar

Happiness is an apple and a pocket knife

Quote Originally Posted by NSBFL View Post
    My first Benchmade, my first good knife, and still to this day one of my favorites and a standard that I hold all of my new AXIS locks to. The Snody HK AXIS. Great ergonomics, Beefy build, and one of the smoothest well balanced opening and closing Benchmades I have ever handled. This thing flies open faster than a Griptilian, but with a much more satisfying solid feel/sound.

Another great Benchmade that is fairly new to me but discontinued nonetheless. The Benchmade Vicar

Wow, I didn't realize they discontinued the vicar. Didn't it just come out in 2016? I love me some Benchmades, but man, what are they thinking lately?

Quote Originally Posted by BenchCo Spydermade View Post
    Wow, I didn't realize they discontinued the vicar. Didn't it just come out in 2016? I love me some Benchmades, but man, what are they thinking lately?
    Yea, it's a shame. Quite an impressive knife too. I slept on this model for a while because I am usually only interested in AXIS lock Benchmades, but I am so glad I finally picked one up
    Happiness is an apple and a pocket knife

Yea, it's a shame. Quite an impressive knife too. I slept on this model for a while because I am usually only interested in AXIS lock Benchmades, but I am so glad I finally picked one up
    I didn't get it. Got a crooked River instead. Happy with the purchase though. But this year in particular I find myself worrying about not being able to purchase some knives I really want because everything is getting discontinued. I Just got a talwar XL before they run out. Always wanted one, but never prioritized it.

Though it ca be frustrating seeing knives you want become unavailable, it also makes room for new designs and makes collecting a bit cooler. As frustrating as it is missing a knife that was discontinued, it's cool when you got one and they are no longer available. Gives the knife a couple extra cool points to me.

Here's all of my discontinued knives.

The Microtech-Lightfoot LCC is the one I really miss. It was pretty much the finest production knife you could get around '99 or '00.

Mine is probably the Microtech LCC. Made with titanium and carbon fiber before those materials became de rigeur. Has the best designed thumbstuds I've ever seen.

The carbon fiber is especially well done on the LCC.

I didn't get it. Got a crooked River instead. Happy with the purchase though. But this year in particular I find myself worrying about not being able to purchase some knives I really want because everything is getting discontinued. I Just got a talwar XL before they run out. Always wanted one, but never prioritized it.

Though it ca be frustrating seeing knives you want become unavailable, it also makes room for new designs and makes collecting a bit cooler. As frustrating as it is missing a knife that was discontinued, it's cool when you got one and they are no longer available. Gives the knife a couple extra cool points to me.

you sir have an excellent, excellent taste for knives. I also got a Talwar as soon as their discontinuation was announced. Nice one!

That must be the large Talwar and not the XL? I have a large and picked up a couple XL when they popped up at a great price and they are almost comically huge. I probably won't ever use them and would like to track down another large before they are all gone as I like the design enough, I've been pleasantly surprised with the CTS-XHP, and I trust the lock a lot more than any frame lock.

I was also going to mention the Kershaw RAM. For some reason my user holds a great edge compared to other knives I have a with the same or similar steels. It also flips effortlessly and better than any frame lock I own or have fondled, some costing nearly an order of magnitude more.

I have lots of discontinued knives and will have to think about the others.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaMtnBkr View Post
    That must be the large Talwar and not the XL? I have a large and picked up a couple XL when they popped up at a great price and they are almost comically huge. I probably won't ever use them and would like to track down another large before they are all gone as I like the design enough, I've been pleasantly surprised with the CTS-XHP, and I trust the lock a lot more than any frame lock.

I was also going to mention the Kershaw RAM. For some reason my user holds a great edge compared to other knives I have a with the same or similar steels. It also flips effortlessly and better than any frame lock I own or have fondled, some costing nearly an order of magnitude more.

I have lots of discontinued knives and will have to think about the others.
    That is the large. I ordered an XL but it's not here yet

That is the large. I ordered an XL but it's not here yet
    you'll love it

it's the true "pocket chainsaw" from Cold Steel

I held the Vicar on a couple of different occasions, just could never pull the trigger. Fit, finish, ergos, all amazing, just didn't want something that big in S30v. I'd have much preferred M390 or M4 for a large blade like that. That is just my personal hangup with it.

Also yes, that's crazy that it's already discoed.
    Proud Supporter of Tupper Knife & Tool
    My personal idea of perfection

Quote Originally Posted by ThePeacent View Post
    you'll love it

it's the true "pocket chainsaw" from Cold Steel

I'm pretty pumped. Was impressed with how functional the large talwar was and always wanted the XL. It's my apocalypse folder😀. Also will probably get some good use slicing food at the house. The large is already a great slicer, that extra length with that nonstop belly are going to make the XL pretty fun. Probably will use it over my kitchen knives for a bit to give it some extra new knife attention..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information