Thread: Sheath Options for TGLB

Sheath Options for TGLB

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Hey folks,

I recently acquired a TGLB and need a sheath for it. I have never carried a fixed blade before so I am looking for feedback on sheath options. Personally, I am not a huge fan of kydex and am leaning towards leather. Any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

(FYI - I have no messaging privileges.)

Well there are some really great leather guys here. So off the top of my head, Armoralleather, PirtleMade, Condos leather. You can also check in the leather / sheath thread section on main forum page.
    Durahog Inducted 2014

I've got a sheath for my WTF from Pirtle, and I can't recommend him enough.
    Semper Fi
    WTB Fat Warden, or similar, users ok.

Quote Originally Posted by gruntmedik View Post
    I've got a sheath for my WTF from Pirtle, and I can't recommend him enough.
    Pirtle is AMAZING. His work is flawless and functional.

In the woods of Zombieville, South East VA
    Pirtle and Condos work for me. Never tried any others.

Spec Ops Combat Master Knife Sheath (long) is a good quick and simple option.

I'd recommend a drop leg sheath. So it can move around when you sit. Of course it depends where you plan on carrying. Some makers offer removable drop leg loops which is pretty nice too. Dangler loops /sheaths as some say. I just don't like something like a tglb riding high. I have a drop leg sheath for mine and i can drive with it still on my belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dair View Post
    This would be my first stop. If nothing else you'll have a sheath to use while you consider your options and needs for a custom leather sheath if you decide to go that route. Also, don't forget there will likely be some wait time after you order a sheath from a custom maker. If you do replace the spec ops with something custom, you can keep it on hand for temporary housing of future Busses and kin.
    WTB: Western L77

How well does it fit? I was considering this sheath but read that it needed to be modified in order for the TGLB to fit properly. I'd appreciate any feedback you can provide.

Another vote for Condo's leather, the distressed leather look on my TGLB sheathe looks cool.

After a bunch of research I've concluded that the best option is a customized leather sheath. In the meantime, I'm going to order the Spec Ops and see how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead_Slasher View Post
    How well does it fit? I was considering this sheath but read that it needed to be modified in order for the TGLB to fit properly. I'd appreciate any feedback you can provide.
    I have the 8" master sheath and it fits fine, no mod necessary. Azwelke makes a kydex insert if you prefer a more customized fit. Also, what I've done for a few other Busses I carry in spec ops sheath is take the fuzzy sides of velcro strips and adhere them to the inside walls of the stock plastic insert (not too deep); this keeps the blade from rattling in the not-so-form-fitting generic plastic. I also coat the velcro with a little Ballistol, this way the blade gets some oil too when returned to the sheath.

For the record, I have and often use leather sheaths for my Busses, my TGLB included. My leather was my by Patriot Leather, and its a Gaspee dangler.

This is what I'm looking for!

I see you have a fire steel attached to your sheath. With the top of the TGLB being rounded are you able to strike a spark?

Quote Originally Posted by CookieRawwr View Post
    Another vote for Condo's leather, the distressed leather look on my TGLB sheathe looks cool.

Last edited by Cheesehead_Slasher; 03-20-2017 at 10:53 PM.

I've had no luck throwing sparks with my TGLB; more luck with other uncoated infi, w/ flatter spines or the "elf" choil.

Quote Originally Posted by Aias View Post
    I have the 8" master sheath and it fits fine, no mod necessary

Quote Originally Posted by Aias View Post
    I've had no luck throwing sparks with my TGLB
    Use the choil! ... well, works well uncoated anyway

From Patriot Leather

010.jpg009.jpg008.jpg

Well no I have not had much luck getting the steel to spark on the TGLB, When I'm out camping I use the steel with my Carothers field knife.

Use the choil! ... well, works well uncoated anyway
    Really? I've got to try that again--thanks man. Mine is stripped.

Condos, Chuddy Bear, Rainwalker are great, i have at least 1 sheath from all the above, but as you soon will find out sometimes its hard to get ahold of em, and at least for me most of em are booked.
    Im gona suggest what id want someone to suggest me in Ur situation,
    Heres a pic of a Rainwalker TG Sheath, and its Bada$$, probably will outlast the TG lol and TG should last a while. But the Best part is looks like Knife Hunter still has them in stock, andc2 colors, i assume no Month of waiting.
    Good Luck

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    PLEASE HELP: Looking For HG 55 with Stripe Maple Handle (Cupid #47)
    From CupidGanzaa 2011
    Looking for: Busse LE"s & Other Satin/Wood/Tigerhide/Black Canvas Busse's: SOB, Porkshank, HG55, TG14, Battle Saw, All the way up to Gladius

Thread Information