Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manual Flipper 3" G10

Manual Flipper 3" G10

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    I love my Delica 4 and I also love manual flippers. Have a Real Steel H5 Gerfalcon which I really like, but I find myself not using it as EDC because of its size. Also have a CRKT ripple but like the bearings and G10 handle on the Real Steel. Is there a flipper out there that is around the size of the delica for under $75?

I also like G10 handles if it is possible.

How about something like the Kizer Dukes flipper (~$70 at KC when I checked just now). 3" blade, bearing flipper, carved red/black G-10 handle.

Any of the Kizer Vanguard series flippers with G-10 and 3" VG-10 blade: Dukes, Cucchiara Bad Dog, Flashbang, Vigor.
    • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
    • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln

I have a few nice Taylor Schrades that I really like. The 105 and 106 models are actually quite well made and very inexpensive. The steel takes a razor edge. Also, Kershaw makes some nice inexpensive models that fit your bill.

Sorry, the Schrades I mentioned above are dual thumb studs, not flippers - I would still recommend them. Do definitely take a look at the Ontario Rat II - great knife.

Rich
    Last edited by Rich S; 03-20-2017 at 04:57 PM. Reason: correction

The Kizer Dukes looks about perfect. I was thinking about picking up something in the Kizer Vanguard line awhile back. Don't remember seeing that one. Thanks guys!

Can anyone comment on the weight of the Vigor? I am more interested in the Dukes, but just wondering why the Vigor looks to be about 1.5 oz heavier. Those stats correct?

Nobody mentioned the Kershaw Skyline, but it may be a little lighter duty than you are looking for.

Skyline ^^
    No medicine for that..

The blade length of the Kershaw Skyline is 3.125" and the OP asked for a 3" blade.
    • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
    • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln

Safe! Around the size of a Delica, manual 3" flipper.

Buck Vantage. < sliding in for a steal

Weird. It won't let me post a pic for the Vantage, so words will have to suffice.

I tried many if those but now use mostly the buck vantage
    It's just perfect IMHO
    Survivor number 7
    BeckerHead number 115

Love my Rat 2

Quote Originally Posted by wensynch View Post
    Safe! Around the size of a Delica, manual 3" flipper.

Buck Vantage. < sliding in for a steal

Weird. It won't let me post a pic for the Vantage, so words will have to suffice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolverrodger View Post
    I tried many if those but now use mostly the buck vantage
    It's just perfect IMHO
    I love my Vantage, great knife, but mine is definitely over 3". When folks asks for recommendations with 3" as the limitation I always assume it's for legal reasons (as many jurisdictions seem to have picked that as the maximum legal length, for whatever reason).

I actually don't have legal restrictions. I like how my delica disappears in my pocket. I was just using that as a guide i guess, being it is just under 3".

Kizer Gemini, the vanguard g10/vg10
    Want to buy: Small Sebenza or Mnandi in Bloodwood, Honduran Rosewood (grail knife), or a bleach blonde/yellow-ish tinted mammoth

Quote Originally Posted by dp2826 View Post
    I actually don't have legal restrictions. I like how my delica disappears in my pocket. I was just using that as a guide i guess, being it is just under 3".
    In that case, I recommend the Kizer Vanguard Gemini with a 3.125" VG-10 FFG blade, Black or Green G-10, liner lock and flipper. It goes for $80.00.

http://www.bladehq.com/?search=Kizer+Vanguard+Gemini

I just got a Kizer Dukes, I highly recommend it.
    I'd also say the Kershaw Chill but it comes in over 3 in.

What would you guys recommend for something in the same size/weight but with a thumb stud instead of a flipper? I cracked the screen protector on my phone awhile back and I think it may have been the flipper that did it.

Was about to pull the trigger on the Kizer Dukes, when I remembered my phone screen. I may just get one anyway, those black/red scales look very nice!

If you can still find the H&K mini axis, it's sub 3 in. and built like a tank.
    sorry, over $75 at BHQ

Quote Originally Posted by dp2826 View Post
    What would you guys recommend for something in the same size/weight but with a thumb stud instead of a flipper? I cracked the screen protector on my phone awhile back and I think it may have been the flipper that did it.

Was about to pull the trigger on the Kizer Dukes, when I remembered my phone screen. I may just get one anyway, those black/red scales look very nice!
    Well, have you considered putting your knife and your phone in different pockets?

I have several of the Kizer Vanguards and they are all very nice knives. Great value and work flawlessly.

Zancudo fits the bill.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information