Thread: Camillus Babe Ruth Knife

Camillus Babe Ruth Knife

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    I have a Camillus Babe Ruth Signature Knife and would like more information about this knife like when they were produced and the value of this knife. Thank you.

Camillus manufactured the Babe Ruth knives during the 1930's. The large single blade model with the woodgrain handles originally sold
    for $1.00. I have the original records for these knives. If you would
    like copies, without charge, just e-mail me your postal mailing address.
    Tom Williams
    Camillus Cutlery Co.

Hello Tom, just purchased this same knife off ebay and if you still have documentation I would be very grateful to acquire copies.
    thanks,
    Frank Dickey

Holy thread revival Batman!

Quote Originally Posted by fdickey View Post
    Hello Tom, just purchased this same knife off ebay and if you still have documentation I would be very grateful to acquire copies.
    thanks,
    Frank Dickey
    Photo please

thought i would try again, just bought a Hack Wilson knife made at the Camillus Cutlery to go with my Babe Ruth knife. Yes, almost 3 years since last post. That's how long it took to get Hack Wilson Knife. 2 very nice knives and I am very happy to have them. I drive by the old site of the Camillus Cutlery every day going to work, always brings a smile to my face knowing the great history that is behind the two knives I own.
    Here is link to my flicr page image:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/369384...in/dateposted/

Frank, did tom ever send you the info on the Babe and Hack knives?

Irv, I found a pdf showing model id's from each Hack Wilson knife (9055F) and Babe Ruth knife (9056F). Is that what you meant? All good really, I just like these knives. Started out I wanted to buy a knife to have after the old factory burned down, just a small $15-20 pocket knife I could use for fishing. Found the Ruth knife and had to have it as I collect sportswriting books and memorabilia from baseball. Almost all of the items I collect are pre 60's, and I am so addicted. Found out there is a 3rd Camillus baseball bat shaped knife with a small Official League Baseball logo on it. I have seen it on this forum and now search begins

Irv, found the link and images on this forum. "Baseball Bat Knife , sword brand , Camillus"
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...brand+Camillus

Happy to say have now added 3rd knife to the collection as shown in attached image. Have a pdf of the original 2 knives for Babe Ruth and Hack Wilson only showing the 2 model numbers. Have now added new knife with small baseball logo stating "Official League Ball". Any information regarding these knives would be appreciated.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/369384...7661680609280/

Thread Information